How long is your commute?

usabfa

Aug 31, 2006
I think it would be ineresting to see the level to which people go through to commute to work. If you are a pilot or f/a, post your typical commute to work.

1. Do you drive straight from home to your base? If so, how long of a drive is it?
2. Do you fly to come to work. How long is the drive to your airport and then how long is the flight?

I always find if facinating to hear what people go through just to get to base.

Be good.

I drive 1:30 to my commuting airport, then it is a 1:00 flight. The airport doesn't allow commuters to use the employee parking so I pay $6/day for satellite parking.
I commute to take care of elderly parents not because I want to. Additionally, I hope to be a captain again one day so I will have to commute to another base.

Flight attendant here. I drive about 2 hours to work. Some feel it's a long drive to and from but it's not done on a daily basis. It sure beats my commute from LAS to PHL. I HATED that almost 5 hour flight. I sure do miss it there though. I hop in the car, throw on the bluetooth and a cd and I'm there before I know it. I understand full well the pain in the patootie it is to commute and am just overjoyed that i don't have to do that anymore.

Flight attendant here. I drive about 2 hours to work. Some feel it's a long drive to and from but it's not done on a daily basis. It sure beats my commute from LAS to PHL. I HATED that almost 5 hour flight. I sure do miss it there though. I hop in the car, throw on the bluetooth and a cd and I'm there before I know it. I understand full well the pain in the patootie it is to commute and am just overjoyed that i don't have to do that anymore.

Where do your drive to and from? I don't think two hours is long as you don't do it on a daily basis.

When I was commuting, it took 11 hours of flight time alone, for the first seven years!
This morning, it took me seven minutes to get to the airport. It's nice to live in base. I'm lucky.

Oh, let's see....70 days (at most) and counting :up:

Seriously, though - since GSO closed the choice has been either a 15 minute drive to catch a 35 minute flight or a 1:35 drive (to the parking lot). I take the drive every time.

Jim

Fleet service -
Used to drive 15 min. then got bumped out of station and had the choice for a 2 hour drive or a 15 min. drive and a 50 min. flight......moved.
Now it's a 20 min drive

I live exactly 6 miles from the USAirways terminal in Boston but still have to leave my house 1 hour before check in. The employee garage is located in Chelsea and you have to cross a draw bridge. Definitely not fun but worth it to live at base.

Back