Commuting on Southwest

I'm curious...

I get the impression (correct me if I'm wrong) that at LCC, a missed trip due to commuting is not considered a "missed trip." It is a no-no at AA. Whether you don't get on a commuter flight or you overslept or you got stopped for speeding on the way to the airport, not reporting in time for your flight is a black mark on your record. Get enough of them and you can be terminated regardless of seniority. The only acceptable excuses are illness or death (yours). And, illness gets you on the attendance program if you call in more than once in a rolling 12-month period.

Whoa- ONE sick call per year. We used to have six, now we have four. Yikes! :huh:

We are permitted three "unable to commutes" as long as certain perimeters are met.
1) You must designate yourself to the company as a commuter and identify the particular airport you will be using for commuting.
2) You must leave yourself an ONLINE backup that will get you to base within one hour of your check in.
3) The first flight must CANCEL and the second flight must either cancel, be delayed in excess of thirty minutes or be full.
As long as these conditions are met the first three excused unable to commutes will not be considered for disciplinary action. Contractually, the company can split you back on your trip but generally you are replaced (hah! by a reserve!) on the trip with no pay.

you have to remember one thing, their kitty cat is waiting for them at home, they MUST non-rev right after their trip, and besides their kitty cat all they have is their seniority,,,,, please do not take that away from them......