How Us Airways Defied The Odds

700UW:

United does not have $3 billion in exit financing, they are negotiating with companies to provide that, but no deal has been completed, yet.

Don't let the facts get in your way.

I simply do not understand how a person who appears to be so angry and so bitter, who devotes so much time to this message board, can be happey at this company. Why don't you go get another job and leave US Airways because your attitude is not healthy. Then again, maybe you cannot and need union "protectionism".

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Why don't you stop posting false information and post the truth for a change, you are a regular line pilot, not a ALPA rep, member of management nor a Financial Expert.

And all UAL has to do is dot the I's and cross the T's.

CHICAGO (AP) — United Airlines' parent company said Thursday it has secured new commitments from banks for up to $3 billion in debt financing that should enable it to emerge from Chapter 11 bankruptcy by late 2005 or early 2006.
While the financing is not yet final, UAL hailed the revised proposals as a strong endorsement of the new business plan it formulated this summer even as the steep increase in fuel prices continues to squeeze carriers' bottom lines.

The commitments from the four financiers — Citibank, JPMorgan Chase & Co., Deutsche Bank and GE Commercial Finance — were disclosed as the Elk Grove Village, Ill.-based airline updated its status in a filing Thursday with federal bankruptcy court.

And don't worry about me, I am perfectly content and happy, just being a realist, if you don't like it then don't read my posts. My attitude is perfectly healthy, you'res on the other hand is a differant story.

Try posting some facts for a change instead of rumors.

700UW:

700UW said: “UAL did not have to beg, borrow and plead for money, they have $3 billion in Exit Financing.â€

USA320Pilot said: “United does not have $3 billion in exit financing, they are negotiating with companies to provide that, but no deal has been completed, yet.â€

The AP article 700UW posted said: “While the financing is not yet final.â€

USA320Pilot comments: 700UW, are you reading the same things I am or are you that blinded by your emotion that you cannot see straight? On the other hand…never mind. Keep up the good work, it’s no wonder the IAM received a “painful†dose of reality.

In regard to rumors let's see, there was three separate interviews, in separate newspapers, where David Bronner said he interested in buying UAL assets for US Airways. There were comments made by analysts in the press, like Mike Boyd and William Lauer, about US Airways interested in buying United assets. There were a couple of reports about Project Minnow (the ICT) in the newspapers and the Charlotte Observer wrote about a possible deal twice this year between United and US Airways.

By the way, don't let the facts get in your way.

All of these reports came out after I discussed the potential deals, and guess what, they're still talking about another corporate transaction.

How would you know what is true or false, since you no longer drive your Lav truck or can hurt IAM members any more?

Time to get ready for some football and baseball...

Regards,

USA320Pilot

I guess when all else fails and you are proven wrong you try to attack, insult and degrade someone?

Hey BoeingBoy, can you post his post where he says he is not going to attack or insult anyone?

First of all you are not an ALPA rep, nor did you ever negotiate with the anti-labor executives at US, you can't even get elected when you run for an ALPA office.

Shall I post the MEC update on that one?

Your own union has to issue a press release about your anti-worker and anti-unon actions.

I have done more to help my membership and my coworkers then you ever have, you are just a regular line pilot who thinks so much of himself. And I still help my members and coworkers everyday.

And sorry don't drive a lav truck, have not in a while, so try again, and yes I use to drive one and got paid very well for it, and your plane would not go anywhere if there were not people who serviced it, especially the ETOPS flights that had to be signed off. There are other jobs under the IAM/US CBA.

And the NASA says it wants to put another man on the moon, does it mean it is going to happen?
NOPE!

Bronner's comments are not facts, those are comments of a man who does not know anything about an airline as he lost his investment.

Speculation and Rumors, that is what you are all about.

And can you not comprehend what you read?

I said all UAL has to do is dot the I's and cross the T's, I did not see any banks step up and offer DIP nor exit financing to US. Banks have confidence in UAL while US had to basically whore itself to get out of bankruptcy.

Todd B said:
Please return to discussing the original topic "How Us Airways Defied The Odds" versus going back and forth with each other. Please use the PM function to continue this debate. Thank you.
[post="305156"][/post]​
i totally agree todd....don't we have some sense of decorum here???
U isn't out of the woods by any means...what lies ahead is a huge gamble.....

700UW said:
First of all it is Jack Brace, not Jake.

And I seriously doubt Jack would risk an SEC charge or release internal UAL matters to just a regular line pilot at US.

[post="305113"][/post]​

Bzzzt - wrong! Definitely Jake, not Jack.

Kinda undermined your credibility there ...

"United is continuing to produce very good results in our efforts to reduce operating costs across the board," CFO Jack Brace said, adding that it was the first month United had positive operating cash flow since entering Chapter 11, "even excluding the $300 million in government assistance that we received in May."
Click

Apparently he goes by both, but his name is Frederic.

USA320Pilot said:
Dc3fanatic:

The comments were made to me earlier this year before United made the cuts you listed. United still has a problem it's called a POR that has jet fuel prices equal to crude oil prices of $50 per barrel. At today's prices, United needs to come up with about $750 in additional cost cuts or revenue gains to make the balance sheet work.

US Airways has a problem with this too, with its POR forecasting jet fuel prices corresponding to crude oil prices of about $58 per barrel.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="305133"][/post]​
The only 'cut' I listed was Pension. Everything else was an existing asset. 5th Freedom, Star, etc . . .

AT $50, they are making almost $1B in 2006. What you need to ask yourself is what is breakeven. United's break even is far higher than US Airways.

You can leave everything else the same and then price fuel at $35, if you like . . . they'll just make like $2.5B in 2006 instead. ;)

Dc3fanatic:

I'm hearing that United's revenue targets are too high and their fuel estiamtes too low. That's from Wall Street sources and although I have not talked to them directly, it's my understanding ALPA E&FA believes that also.

Time will tell what happens. Regardless, my only point is that US Airways & United have repeatedly held corporate combination talks, which included:

-- The 1996 merger discussions.

-- The 2000 merger attempt, which the DOJ brokered a deal for the merger to proceed, but United backed out after the AFA filed a lawsuit over scope violations.

-- The 2001/2002 UCT discussions.

-- "Project Minnow" or the ICT in 2003.

-- The domestic alliance.

-- The 2005 discussions, where Brace flew on a US Airways Shuttle flight and was fuming after he left CCY, flew to LGA, and discussed Lakefield's rejection of United's attempt to merge when US Airways' CEO/Board selected America West as its marriage partner over Untied.

Now United is reportedly discussing divesting of some domestic assets, including TED, and possibly others too. We have seen US Airways’ current chairman discuss buying United assets for US Airways in three separate interviews, the news media reports discussing Project Minnow (ICT), analysts like Boyd and Lauer discussing US Airways and United discussions, and the Charlotte Observer discussing a potential deal twice.

Will something happen? Who knows, but I believe there is ample evidence, including Dave Siegel sitting on our jumpseat and telling us about the ICT after discussions were stopped, that the companies have held multiple corporate combination discussions, but for one reason or another, elected to move in other directions.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
-- The 2005 discussions, where Brace flew on a US Airways Shuttle flight and was fuming after he left CCY, flew to LGA, and discussed Lakefield's rejection of United's attempt to merge when US Airways' CEO/Board selected America West as its marriage partner over Untied.
It's spelled United.

How can you be so sure it was Lakefield as the rejector? How do you know it wasn't United that didn't like the terms?

Now United is reportedly discussing divesting of some domestic assets, including TED, and possibly others too.
Could be, doubt it.

We have seen US Airways’ current chairman discuss buying United assets for US Airways in three separate interviews, the news media reports discussing Project Minnow (ICT), analysts like Boyd and Lauer discussing US Airways and United discussions, and the Charlotte Observer discussing a potential deal twice.

Will something happen? Who knows, but I believe there is ample evidence, including Dave Siegel sitting on our jumpseat and telling us about the ICT after discussions were stopped, that the companies have held multiple corporate combination discussions, but for one reason or another, elected to move in other directions.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="305229"][/post]​
US Airways is a good candidate in that they don't have pensions. I don't see Tilton eager to take a company with them, otherwise it gives fuel to the AFA.

United did not have any interest in a deal and was too distracted by its own struggles in bankruptcy. Virgin Atlantic wanted lots of US Airways assets -- gates, planes, airport equipment -- to help launch a new U.S. airline, but all it would offer in retrun was the Virgin brand name. US Airways also turned down several inquiries from other carriers -- including Southwest, JetBlue Airways and AirTran Airways -- about acquiring the company's assets but not its employees.

lets say that if the oil goes up tomorrow and us merges with awa tues as expected, how will it be able tp continue to proceed with it givewn the fact that several oil rigs are severely damaged? i know its a long shot but will they even survive?

Dc3fanatic:

Because Brace sat in First Class on the Shuttle and a friend of mine, not in uniform, directly heard the conversation between Brace and another United executive.

700UW:

You posted a comment without a link and date because you're providing misinformation, which speaks loudly about your character. During the process I reported this too because you're link is from "Project Minnow", not the last merger attempt. Tilton rejected "Project Minnow" or what I called the UCT, but you're helping prove my point further indicating the parties held discussions about US Airways acquiring United assets, which Brooner publicly indicated three times during the same period. Did you miss those interviews?

But how would you know, you were not there. Do not let the facts get into your way, again.

I find it to be a compliment when people like you have to try to use misinformation in your campaign to discredit others. It shows a desperate man who must try to use misinformation to try discredit others, versus the facts. It's really pathetic when you think about it, but understandable because...oh never mind...

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Actually, you are misinformed USA320. This is FUN for us. We just keep responding so that you will answer, and then we laugh.

It's a simple game....but entertaining.

320FO:

Do you actually believe what you post?

I heard your cat's dog's neighbor's bird told you.

Etiquette Policy

Flaming and Slamming
"Flaming" is insulting another user's post, opinions, subject, grammar, or an attempt to pick an online fight. "Slamming" is making offensive, condescending, or insulting comments about a user, product, or company (ours or anyone else's) in order to pick an online fight.

CONTINUED, LONG-TERM VIOLATION. Users may not violate the Official Rules in a systematic and continuous method. As such, within any continuous thirty (30) calendar day period, should a user violate the Official Rules four (4) times, the user shall be suspended for five (5) calendar days with the user placed on probation as outlined in Section 2.

USA320Pilot said:
I'm not going to continue with "mud slinging", emotional comments, or to try and discredit the messenger. If you choose to do so, so be it.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
[post="266173"][/post]​