HP CSR Contract Negotiations

crazy4newus

Oct 11, 2005
hi! some of us (PHX ATO CSRs) were talking in the break room tonight about contacting Dan Smith, Airline Teamsters Rep to try and get some answers. The idea came to send the following to as many HP CSRs as we can to get them involved in finding answers. Dan can be reached at [email protected] Please assist if you are an HP CSR or know how to reach other HP CSRs to blitz Dan Smith's email. The IBT was very vocal (parking in our driveways, mailing us daily, calling us at home at all hours) when they wanted our vote but now that it's "done", on whose behalf are they working if they are not looking to the CSRs for input?

The IBT hotline advises that negotiations resume on January 9 in DC, and any input regarding issues surrounding negotiations should be sent to Dan Smith. Time is of the essence to let Dan know how important these issues are.

Dan - please address the following:

-Who will be negotiating on the 9th - 11th of Jan?
-What items are up for negotiation?
-At what point will we, the CSRs, be notified and asked for input regarding negotiations and specifically what we want
-Who is soliciting information and input from agents for the negotiations?
-Will our opinions and wants be considered?

Major concerns for CSRs:
-changes from current trade system to the CWA contract trades. The CWA contracted trades of 20 per quarter is not acceptable to the CSRs
-changes from the current holiday/vacation/sick policy to the CWA contract policies

how do we address getting this issues on the table? consensus seems to be that while we, the CSRs, are glad for the increase in pay, losing flexibility is a HUGE issue and one that must be addressed. Additionally, if we are not receiving the CWA scale pay for 20 months, we MUST keep our current same policy for trades, holidays, sick, vacations until the new contract (amendment?) is negotiated.

CSRs - please forward this to other CSRs so they, too, can contact Dan Smith and let him know their concerns and issues regarding the negotiations.

hi! some of us (PHX ATO CSRs) were talking in the break room tonight about contacting Dan Smith, Airline Teamsters Rep to try and get some answers. The idea came to send the following to as many HP CSRs as we can to get them involved in finding answers. Dan can be reached at [email protected] Please assist if you are an HP CSR or know how to reach other HP CSRs to blitz Dan Smith's email. The IBT was very vocal (parking in our driveways, mailing us daily, calling us at home at all hours) when they wanted our vote but now that it's "done", on whose behalf are they working if they are not looking to the CSRs for input?

The IBT hotline advises that negotiations resume on January 9 in DC, and any input regarding issues surrounding negotiations should be sent to Dan Smith. Time is of the essence to let Dan know how important these issues are.

Dan - please address the following:

-Who will be negotiating on the 9th - 11th of Jan?
-What items are up for negotiation?
-At what point will we, the CSRs, be notified and asked for input regarding negotiations and specifically what we want
-Who is soliciting information and input from agents for the negotiations?
-Will our opinions and wants be considered?

Major concerns for CSRs:
-changes from current trade system to the CWA contract trades. The CWA contracted trades of 20 per quarter is not acceptable to the CSRs
-changes from the current holiday/vacation/sick policy to the CWA contract policies

how do we address getting this issues on the table? consensus seems to be that while we, the CSRs, are glad for the increase in pay, losing flexibility is a HUGE issue and one that must be addressed. Additionally, if we are not receiving the CWA scale pay for 20 months, we MUST keep our current same policy for trades, holidays, sick, vacations until the new contract (amendment?) is negotiated.

CSRs - please forward this to other CSRs so they, too, can contact Dan Smith and let him know their concerns and issues regarding the negotiations.
Crazy, what is the staus of he blitz?? I emaild him several times and got no----NO---response!
I am worried the negotiators are making choices that we have no input whatsoever...pplease PM me if you get the time and I will give you my email...I am very concerned as are others.....

Crazy, what is the staus of he blitz?? I emaild him several times and got no----NO---response!
I am worried the negotiators are making choices that we have no input whatsoever...pplease PM me if you get the time and I will give you my email...I am very concerned as are others.....

Just an FYI...if you read your bulletin board right past the security guard desk at PHX res on the right, you will see that there will be info meetings this week with the Teamsters. I believe it is Wednesday, Jan. 18 and there are 4 different times to go that day. I agree communication has been nill, but looks like they are attempting to try to give us more info. This would be one thing you could advise your fellow workers at REZ about (especially the ones that seem so passive about everything...it needs to be stressed to them that all this WILL affect them, and they need to have a say). GO TO THE MEETINGS to get your answers. Go to teamsters.org (airline division), go to cwa.net...I think they've just been very busy...however, my big "B" over all this is how we're being, "transitioned into the CWA bargaining agreement" when HP EMPLOYEES NEVER VOTED ON SH....!!!!

Just an FYI...if you read your bulletin board right past the security guard desk at PHX res on the right, you will see that there will be info meetings this week with the Teamsters. I believe it is Wednesday, Jan. 18 and there are 4 different times to go that day. I agree communication has been nill, but looks like they are attempting to try to give us more info. This would be one thing you could advise your fellow workers at REZ about (especially the ones that seem so passive about everything...it needs to be stressed to them that all this WILL affect them, and they need to have a say). GO TO THE MEETINGS to get your answers. Go to teamsters.org (airline division), go to cwa.net...I think they've just been very busy...however, my big "B" over all this is how we're being, "transitioned into the CWA bargaining agreement" when HP EMPLOYEES NEVER VOTED ON SH....!!!!
I am not in res and do not have the luxury ofbeing able to travel from the midwest to attend these meetings-neither do my co workers...I too feel that we should be voting on things that affect us....why aren't any of the negotiators traveling to the east to hold meetings? When my neg. first intorduced himself he said he would....

I am not in res and do not have the luxury ofbeing able to travel from the midwest to attend these meetings-neither do my co workers...I too feel that we should be voting on things that affect us....why aren't any of the negotiators traveling to the east to hold meetings? When my neg. first intorduced himself he said he would....
I think there are several days next week with several times avail to attend info sessions with union reps. I am planning on attending and will ask when they will go into the field with other mtgs. I will post after attending on the 19th. What questions would you like asked? I will ask for you and post answers. So far agents that are unable to attend due to work and family issues have been concerned about sched per cwa contract, vacation (cwa receives 3 weeks are 10yrs vs 5 yrs for HP agents-will they be grandfathered or lose). Part time agents per their contract must work 5 days a wek, HP has 3 8hr shifts. Other questions are are more geared at individual situations but again Im more than happy to ask.

I think there are several days next week with several times avail to attend info sessions with union reps. I am planning on attending and will ask when they will go into the field with other mtgs. I will post after attending on the 19th. What questions would you like asked? I will ask for you and post answers. So far agents that are unable to attend due to work and family issues have been concerned about sched per cwa contract, vacation (cwa receives 3 weeks are 10yrs vs 5 yrs for HP agents-will they be grandfathered or lose). Part time agents per their contract must work 5 days a wek, HP has 3 8hr shifts. Other questions are are more geared at individual situations but again Im more than happy to ask.
those are my questions also...esp. the psrt time working 5 day weeks-with gas prices and our current schedule-it doesn't work. Trades are a big one....yes they have 20 per quarter but you are limited to how many doubles you can work in a row...
The craft doh issue is big in our station....we agree one should not lose their company DOH but when you switch crafts-and I do not mean res since they know alot-i mean like ramp to CSR-then it should be adjusted. I will let you know of any more qqqs in the next few days....

those are my questions also...esp. the psrt time working 5 day weeks-with gas prices and our current schedule-it doesn't work. Trades are a big one....yes they have 20 per quarter but you are limited to how many doubles you can work in a row...
The craft doh issue is big in our station....we agree one should not lose their company DOH but when you switch crafts-and I do not mean res since they know alot-i mean like ramp to CSR-then it should be adjusted. I will let you know of any more qqqs in the next few days....
Gotcha covered and keep 'em coming. I am making my list and adding to it. I know in phx we have a Maricopa County drive reduction issue(to keep pollution down) and agents driving without doubling up will affect this negatively. I think this is a way get around this issue with the company. I do know it has been addressed and is still sitting on the table. Again, i will address all of your issues this week.

Re: the email blitz...i guess it worked in some sense. a number of us emailed dan at teamsters and kim from PHX negotiating team. imo, that's how the upcoming info meetings came to be. people finally spoke up and said that we wanted a say in what's going on. with specific note regarding dan...he finally responded to my third email and to some emails of my peers he forwarded their notes to the hp negotiating rep and did not even answer them directly. funny, when he wanted our vote they were calling, showing up, mailing etc on a daily basis.

re: how do the negotiators do what they want without our input...again, imo, ppl gave input by voting for the alliance. some did not vote yes for the exact reason that we are now dealing with...but it is what it is, so all we can do is give the input now and try to affect change (or keep status quo with regards to trades/vacation/sick etc)

if you are an hp csr or res agent and live in (or can travel to) the phoenix area, there are information meetings set up for the following times...

Courtyard Marriott Airport 2621 S. 47th St (N of University on 47th)
Dates - Tues 1/17 and Wed 1/18
Times - 9 am, 11 am, 3:30 pm, 7 pm

The flyer states that meetings will be held to answer questions about the transition into the CWA contract. If you are unable to attend, and are a CSR, please pm me and i will bring your questions with. i'm attending on tuesday in the morning (not sure which session yet). gotta work on wed so cannot attend.

Let me ask some of the hub employees this question...lets say you have been a csr for 10 years...all of a sudden someone transfers from another city AND let's say, the ramp. They get to keep their seniority even though they JUST finished training for CSR...are you ok with that?? They now will get to bid before you on schedules...still ok with it? Maybe you are cause there are so many employee's in your work group in the hubs....what if you were not in a hub and in a field station where it really makes a difference? Would you care then?

Let me ask some of the hub employees this question...lets say you have been a csr for 10 years...all of a sudden someone transfers from another city AND let's say, the ramp. They get to keep their seniority even though they JUST finished training for CSR...are you ok with that?? They now will get to bid before you on schedules...still ok with it? Maybe you are cause there are so many employee's in your work group in the hubs....what if you were not in a hub and in a field station where it really makes a difference? Would you care then?
This is one good reason why a union was voted in to put a fence agreement in place. The question is. What date do you use to put up the fence? HP/WEST did not have a contract until the IBT/CWA agreement was put into place

This is one good reason why a union was voted in to put a fence agreement in place. The question is. What date do you use to put up the fence? HP/WEST did not have a contract until the IBT/CWA agreement was put into place
JJ, I agree....since we did not/do not have a contract we still are falling under HP "rules"...since we fall under this it has been policy to adjust DOH when you make a craft change. You do not lose you company DOH but for bidding purposes ect. you were given a new hire date for the new craft. The committee must have thought this was not a real big issue but it actually is....

Let me ask some of the hub employees this question...lets say you have been a csr for 10 years...all of a sudden someone transfers from another city AND let's say, the ramp. They get to keep their seniority even though they JUST finished training for CSR...are you ok with that??

currently, if someone transfers from another department that is non-union (since we technically still don't have a contract), they keep their seniority...i.e., transfer from corp or rez. if however they transfer from ramp, mech, FA, etc...any work group that IS represented, then their bidding seniority is lost. similarly, our seniority is lost if we transfer to a represented work group.

currently, if someone transfers from another department that is non-union (since we technically still don't have a contract), they keep their seniority...i.e., transfer from corp or rez. if however they transfer from ramp, mech, FA, etc...any work group that IS represented, then their bidding seniority is lost. similarly, our seniority is lost if we transfer to a represented work group.
EXACTLY....so why has the negotiating committee decided to change this?? It is 2006...in 2003 a person transferred from the ramp....his seniority was reflected as 2003 even though he started in 98...why? Because he transferred from union ramp to non union CSR...the company followed the "rules"...now, he is to be given it back??? I counted how many CSRs/other this affects....it is alot! Bu. how would they know....?

Latest posts