Hp Reservation Agents

olivia

Advanced
Aug 19, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Perhaps this has been discussed already but a friend of mine is asking,
can you retire at age 55 years and have travel benefits??

Or how many years do you need to work in order to get lifetime travel benefits?

Also, how is the new contract with the teamsters coming along?

We will be very interested in questions regarding salary, vacation, health coverage and trading privileges. Also any word if they will keep the INT office open....

Thanks for your help. Looking forward to working with all of you.

olivia said:
Perhaps this has been discussed already but a friend of mine is asking,
can you retire at age 55 years and have travel benefits??

Or how many years do you need to work in order to get lifetime travel benefits?

Also, how is the new contract with the teamsters coming along?

We will be very interested in questions regarding salary, vacation, health coverage and trading privileges. Also any word if they will keep the INT office open....

Thanks for your help. Looking forward to working with all of you.
[post="285293"][/post]​
Olivia--I'm pretty sure you can retire at 55. I think the years of service are 10 but not really sure.
Yes to travel benefits.
As for the teamsters thing--I'm not really happy about the feedback we're getting--actually NONE. Reports from the meetings are posted a month after the meeting and seems the group aren't talking to any of the agents. We're pretty upset about that and some are talking that if we have another vote. Not to vote in any union because we trust Doug to do right by us.
Salary is the pits right now, but it has been told to us--from the horses mouth--that we should be raised up to U rates. Not the other way around. Of course our bennies are much better--free short and long term disability--with a chance to buy up on long term disability. Free vision. United Health with a decent rate of insurance--but we all know United Health starts out good then gets higher but the powers that be really try and look for good health benefits for us. Vacation is pretty much 10 days a year, also 10 sick days a year paid at 100% of salary on day one. 2 floating holidays. Swap privilidges are great. Pretty much the same as I remember them.
I must stress to you all that working at HP is so much less stressful. Our managers and sups are the best in the world.
We also have a "club" called the Cactus Club. We give $1.00 a pay check and then we do things together--sups and managers too. For instance a group went to the comedy hour at the Hilton last week--one of the sups was the MC. On August 13 a group of us are going for dinner--steak and lobster--and Smoky Joe's Cafe show at the Eldorado. We only pay--the employee and cactus club member-$9.71 for the food and show. Cactus Club picks up the rest. It's fun and gets us all to hang out together and get to know each other outside of work. Plus it's fun
Last week we had root beer floats to raise money for a cancer fund. Next week we are having Bar B Q at work for the same fund. We do things all the time together.
The Phoenix office does things like football games, baseball games and such.
A group of us went to the price is right in June. We had agents from both offices there and friends. Yes, one of the "friends" got to contestant row but didn't get out.
We have pictures of family, pets, and just pretty pictures at cubes. We don't do cross stitch but can read and talk when not busy or play cards, scrabble or work crossword puzzles. It's a very relaxed atmosphere.
If we're having a bad day and things are backed up the sups bring us candy to cheer us up.
I could go on and on--but I'll let others add to this. PM me if you want more.

drifterreno said:
Olivia--Not to vote in any union because we trust Doug to do right by us.
Salary is the pits right now, but it has been told to us--from the horses mouth--that we should be raised up to U rates.
[post="285306"][/post]​
How do they pay over time? Whats the turnover rate like?

Thanks

Tug

Thanks driftereno!

Appreciate all the good feedback! We never have time between calls except perhaps for a few hours on a holiday! Other than that, it is nonstop no letup, and has been that way for ten years. Some folks do hand sewing on quilt squares for two or three seconds while they are talking ....would that be frowned upon?

I remember when our contract was being negotiated...we too had no say and had to trust our reps to make sure our concerns were being addressed. I remember the company tried to stall the process for years. Even going to court and making us vote over. And although Mr Parker seems a decent fellow, we are hoping the pay scales will go up. However, if the top pay were 13 -15.00 or so, and the swaps were unlimited, then we could just hang on for the travel benefits and try to make more money some other way. My experience is that you really need a union if the company has financial problems and tries to cut labors benefits.
At least with a union, you can have some say in the outcome.

Glad you have a great atmosphere there in the Reno office. And thanks again for the information!

Olivia
I stand corrected--seems everyone at work knows who I am and sends messages through me--hehehe. We can retire at 50 with 10 years service. Also want you all to know we are all getting a $50 bonus next Wednesday. "Congradulations and Thank you based on the 2nd qtr A14 results HP is making a special, one time payout of $50 to all employees. This is to recognize your efforts this summer with record loads and record heat across the country."
Hope you can post this somewhere. You see OUR company does care about it and shows their appreciation with what we all need $$$$$. Can't wait to get you all ON BOARD.

drifterreno said:
Not to vote in any union because we trust Doug to do right by us.

[post="285306"][/post]​

What flavor kool-aid are they serving in RNO?
I'm glad you're happy, but please be realistic. You are always better off w/representation. There will always be grumblers who think they're not getting enuf for their dues, but, coming from someone who's been here 17yrs, first without representation, and most recently with, you are always better off with.
Call your reps directly if you have questions.

And that is excellent news about the $50! I've been off and hadn't heard. YAY!

desertgal said:
I'm glad you're happy, but please be realistic. You are always better off w/representation. There will always be grumblers who think they're not getting enuf for their dues, but, coming from someone who's been here 17yrs, first without representation, and most recently with, you are always better off with.

[post="286248"][/post]​

You can see my comments to drifterreno on this topic at "Attn: Cwa Cs Agents, Did you read your CWA Briefing Today????" on the US Airways board. Obviously the drifter does not know what AWA can be like under a malevolent dictator like Bill Franke. Bill Franke once said, "I will never pay my rampers over $10 an hour." Yeah. :down:

Here's another question.....
Does HP have a toll free line that gives company updates and message
from Mr Parker?? We have one over here at US and UA does as well.

If someone could pm me with the number it would be great or we can
wait until november.

Thanks for all your kind words and good news!

olivia said:
Here's another question.....
Does HP have a toll free line that gives company updates and message
from Mr Parker?? We have one over here at US and UA does as well.

If someone could pm me with the number it would be great or we can
wait until november.

Thanks for all your kind words and good news!
[post="286504"][/post]​
Olivia--not that I know of. We get all of our news on our employee web pabe called Compus. It's very good with letters, announcements and such. We don't need an 800 number. But then again I may be wrong. We also get a weekly print out put in everyone's box with what's going on with the merge and questions and answers and some "dumb" media questions. It's pretty precise and everything in it so far has been right on the money.

desertgal said:

[post="286248"][/post]​

:shock: Better off with union representation ? well let me see several huge pay cuts loss of some bennies closure of call centers outsorcing to manila yep sounds swell to have that protection. I guess if you are in manilla its good. sign me up (when i am dead ). Tell me one thing they have done for the res center in the last 2 yrs

Ummm, let's see:

They still have a job

They still top out at $17.00 an hour and that is hard to find as a new employee in many places in country

They still have affordable insurance compared to buying it on your own

They still have sick leave and vacation ( reduced but some people never get over 2 weeks of vacation and less sick leave than US )

They can still wear almost anything to work and sit on the phone for 8 hours a day

Just some of the things that come to mind. Do I like it? NO Did I vote for it? NO Do I wish it was the good old Piedmont and PSA Days? You bet your ass!
But those days are gone forever and in the end, people still want to eat, watch TV, travel a little and bills have to be paid. Is everyone praying for the merger with AWA to be a godsend to the employees? Everyone I speak with. Just my 2 cents and I don't drink the koolaid.

drifterreno said:
Olivia--not that I know of.  We get all of our news on our employee web pabe called Compus.  It's very good with letters, announcements and such.  We don't need an 800 number.  But then again I may be wrong.  We also get a weekly print out put in everyone's box with what's going on with the merge and questions and answers and some "dumb" media questions.  It's pretty precise and everything in it so far has been right on the money.
[post="286821"][/post]​

Hey all..yep I work in PHX rez in RA. Just wanted to say hi and also to try to answer some questions on here that may be helpful. No, we don't have an 800 number that I know of, and as drifterreno stated we do get info through Compass at work. However, don't know why you US Airways workers can't have Doug Parkers employee hotline which he updates weekly...480-693-4487. Afterall, he's now gonna be your CEO. I have a couple others to respond to on here and then I'll give you all my opinion on a few things too. Have a great day! And lets all GET ON BOARD!

Latest posts