Hurricane Ivan

LiveInAHotel

Veteran
Nov 5, 2003
Visit site
As Hurricane Ivan builds strength in the Caribbean, it looks like Florida will be taking another hit. I hope all of you get through this one too. Stay safe.

082203W5.gif

They've been forecasting this turn for days now. Back on Sunday or Monday they had Ivan hitting SW Haiti. Hopefully they'll keep being wrong.

Oh and LIAH, two things for ya from another thread:
1. Your washed up pg Stephon Marbury didn't do very well in Athens either.
2. The only NBA player with a gold medal from this years Olympics is a SPUR! !!!VIVA GINOBILLLLIIIIII!!!

I'm done. I'm so outta here if this one hits. I'm going to Munich (working) this weekend and I'm not coming back until it's over. We just got power back today (and it stinks to go days without power, water, or a phone....and to have your house destroyed) :(

We still have agents who dont have power, water or phones since Sat am. Luckily most got their power back on yesterday. This isnt fun anymore.
When I woke up Mon am and heard the wind howling through the attic at 50-60 mph, it made me realize how lucky we were in Tampa that Charley turned when it did. I feel for the guys in Punta Gorda who took the hit for us, but it would have been devastating hitting Tampa direct like they predicted originally.
Lets hope Ivan just fizzles, but it doesnt look good.

Tad.....leave! Trust me. We lost power at 6:30am on Saturday and got it back today, Wednesday (no water or phones...but power) There is no ice, nothing to eat but canned or dry food....and no gas to get you out once you're stuck (not to mention the huge amount of trees down on homes). OH, and all the streets are flooded so you couldn't get out anyway. People don't realize just how hot it is here and the humidity is so high that you can't sleep at night cuz you're sweating so much but there is no relief and no shower to help you out. It's pretty much the most awful feeling ever. I will never stay again, on purpose anyway. Oh, and your animals become sorta retarded...they jump at every sound. My cat used to be cool, now he's losing his little kitty mind.....sniff.....we're gonna miss that cute personality.

It seems that this is the year no one in Florida will be untouched. Ivan has changed track and is headed through the keys and right up through Florida. The 5 day forcast has it tracked up near Orlando.

I am not sitting in the house through a cat 5 hurricane. Taking the dogs and heading out. Unless this storm changes again. Best of luck to all of us.

I lived in MIA for 13 years. My folks were ther for 35 years. I am so glad they came to their senses and left in '79. I have been back 2 times to visit and I can tell you that I do not miss it. 3 hurricanes in a little over a month? That's a crock. I suggest that you all pick up and bail. I guess now I know why MIA has so many commuters.

I hope you guys all fair well with what ever mother nature is cooking up for you.

Garfield1966 said:
I lived in MIA for 13 years. My folks were ther for 35 years. I am so glad they came to their senses and left in '79. I have been back 2 times to visit and I can tell you that I do not miss it. 3 hurricanes in a little over a month? That's a crock. I suggest that you all pick up and bail. I guess now I know why MIA has so many commuters.

I hope you guys all fair well with what ever mother nature is cooking up for you.
[post="177569"][/post]​
What do you mean you left Florida. I thought you were extradited. HAHAHAHA Be nice Garf Florida is beautiful 95 percent of the year and the peole are also.

What happens to all the retired people that can not make it out of harms way. Are their organizations there to help the retired people who are stuck

LATEST UPDATE ON IVAN

From the Weather Channel, 1150, 09SEP

Maximum sustained winds: 160mph!!!
Now Category 5 headed toward Jamaica.

Mandatory evacuation of all visitors from Florida Keys ordered.
Reports from Grenada say that over 90% all buildings on the island are destroyed or have sustained major damage.

This ain't good, folks.

They say tonight that they *MAY* issue evacuation notices for Hillsborough County (Tampa) on Sunday. Since the airport is in evacuation zones A-E and they will be ordering A-C to leave on Monday AM, I would suspect the current projected path would close the airport sometime Monday afternoon. They may be able to get all the turn around flights out and canx just the terminators. Closed all day Tues and then assess damage and try to reopen on Wed.
Good thing about this time vs last weekend (will it ever end?) is that this is not a holiday weekend with all the flights already booked full. Should be room to move most people around earlier or later. I know people already leaving tonight that are booked for next week.