I Lost A Friend Today

KCFlyer

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
I had to make the hardest decision that I ever faced. TOday I had to put my 13 year old labrador retriever to sleep. She suffered from congestive heart failure and started going downhill really fast. She still had her dignaty to the end, and though she was nervous going into the vets office, she pressed her head into my chest and relaxed, waiting for what we both knew had to be done. She was a fantastic animal, a true companion, and the epitome of man's best friend. I've never known a better friend, a friend who defined "unconditional love". She'll be missed.

I understand completely. Over my lifetime, I remember no sadder days than those on which I had to take a pet to the vet for the final visit.

KCFlyer said:
I had to make the hardest decision that I ever faced. TOday I had to put my 13 year old labrador retriever to sleep. She suffered from congestive heart failure and started going downhill really fast. She still had her dignaty to the end, and though she was nervous going into the vets office, she pressed her head into my chest and relaxed, waiting for what we both knew had to be done. She was a fantastic animal, a true companion, and the epitome of man's best friend. I've never known a better friend, a friend who defined "unconditional love". She'll be missed.
[post="186327"][/post]​
KC ive also had to experience that loss with my red healer "rusty" he was the truest companion a man could have he was also 13 years old when i was forced to put him down. i will always cherish the loyalty we shared, everytime i went to get into my truck he would head for the tailgate and wag his tail hoping to go along. i now have a blue healer named "buddy' and he is fast becoming my "buddy"!

Sorry for your loss. My (almost) 14 year old Dachshund is in the early stages of congestive heart failure. He's a sweetie and I keep the thought that he's had a really great life and try not to think about what lies down the road.

KC-

My sincere sympathy for the loss of your pooch. There is certainly an unmatched bond that we create between ourselves and our animals, and it is one that we know very well from the beginning will likely end with their eventual fate. I have a 3 year old yellow lab as well. Sure, you could do without the pain of having to end your relationship with her, but that would mean you would have never been able to have it at all. In the end, it's more than worth it.

Warm regards,

USAir757

ps.... I guess this means she's officially off the ballot??? ;)

KCFlyer said:
[post="186327"][/post]​
I can,t even begin to tell you how sorry I am to hear that KC. They truly are as you've described them, I have a 2yr old 110lb Black Lab named Bear. I know you will never forget her and are grateful for the 13yrs you've shared together. My sincere sympathy goes out to you. RED TAIL BEAR

KC,

My sympathies to you and your family. I have travelled that road, and when the end came, we cried like babies.

We form a unique bond with dogs, and I wish I were as good a man as my dog thinks I am.

When our time comes, I believe our four-legged friends will be there to greet us.

Best,

Dio

I was a bit surprised to see this pop up again. As it turns out, last week, I got a new labrador puppy. She won't replace Winnie, but she's already won my heart. The puppy teeth also have my hands looking like they've been thru a buzz saw, but hey, that's what lab puppies were born to do!

KCFlyer said:
I was a bit surprised to see this pop up again. As it turns out, last week, I got a new labrador puppy. She won't replace Winnie, but she's already won my heart. The puppy teeth also have my hands looking like they've been thru a buzz saw, but hey, that's what lab puppies were born to do!
[post="262452"][/post]​

Congrats on the new arrival............ :up:

Latest posts

Back