IAM Fleet Service topic 28June-

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sincere apologies for stating the case had been ruled on. So, it has been filed but not heard yet. Does anyone know how long it takes before it will be heard?

Question for Rat Tails...

No member whose dues have
been withheld by his employer for payment to such organization
pursuant to his voluntary authorization provided for in a
collective bargaining agreement shall be declared ineligible to
vote or be a candidate for office in such organization by reason of
alleged delay or default in the payment of dues

Is this refering to the fact that if you sign a dues check-off form and the employer allegedly delays or defaults in the payment of dues that no member shall be declared ineligible to vote or be a candidate for office? Is this what the DOL is alluding to?
12 months.
If the DOL is successful, then the likely relief will be that all 10 of the agc's who just lost will be thrown on the next go around and not have to get nominations. Considering that most of the losers lost by between 1,500-2,000 votes, it wouldn't have been a given that they would have received any nominations for a third go around without successful relief.

My sincere apologies for stating the case had been ruled on. So, it has been filed but not heard yet. Does anyone know how long it takes before it will be heard?

Question for Rat Tails...

No member whose dues have
been withheld by his employer for payment to such organization
pursuant to his voluntary authorization provided for in a
collective bargaining agreement shall be declared ineligible to
vote or be a candidate for office in such organization by reason of
alleged delay or default in the payment of dues

Is this refering to the fact that if you sign a dues check-off form and the employer allegedly delays or defaults in the payment of dues that no member shall be declared ineligible to vote or be a candidate for office? Is this what the DOL is alluding to?

It's what the DOL is going to have to get beyond. Special "K" is saying that he should have been warned that United "did not" deduct his dues when they should have. He received a payroll stub that reflected this but did not think it was his responsibility to check that the proper deductions were made: car loans, insurance, dues, etc... . THREE MONTHS he did not check. If United had deducted and not sent the money to the International, his point could could be made. This was not the case.
I would call this sour grapes that he now expects us to pay not only for his court costs. I call it robbery that he expects us to spend dues moneys on running another election because of his irresponsibility.
From what I see, his argument is not valid so he wants a free pass.

It's what the DOL is going to have to get beyond. Special "K" is saying that he should have been warned that United "did not" deduct his dues when they should have. He received a payroll stub that reflected this but did not think it was his responsibility to check that the proper deductions were made: car loans, insurance, dues, etc... . THREE MONTHS he did not check. If United had deducted and not sent the money to the International, his point could could be made. This was not the case.
I would call this sour grapes that he now expects us to pay not only for his court costs. I call it robbery that he expects us to spend dues moneys on running another election because of his irresponsibility.
From what I see, his argument is not valid so he wants a free pass.

AGREED!

This is yet another example of Canaleisim at its best... oops... I mean WORST!
This workgroup should be focused on the upcoming negotiations... not internal politics.

There are many out there who are filled with animosity due to the events that brought the New Direction to power. These individuals will pounce on any bit of fodder they can find/create to discredit their perceived enemies.

These same folks should think about putting the Membership first, and lay to rest the assumptions of personal vendettas, envy, and greed!

How ‘bout it Mr. XXXXXXX ??

Perhaps you can come into this forum and fully explain your position...
there are many dues paying members in good standing that are NOT in arrears... whom would love to hear your explanation!

So latrines...

BroBilly

My understanding is that it was heard in federal court and the judge has ruled. Ask the new direction to share the court rulings with you. As far as a member in good standing? Here are a few facts...When a member has signed a dues checkoff form and has worked consecutively and the company has deducted his dues monthly, well, that is a member in good standing. When the union arbitrarily decides they haven't received said dues monies and declares a member not in good standing AFTER proof of paying, well what would you do? Someone got the money, not the employee in good standing. There are a lot of employees who have gone out to vote and have been told their dues have lapsed and are not in good standing. Maybe it depends on WHOM you're going to vote for. The member in good standing has 30+ years of union experience. The kind of knowledge and PASSION to fight what is right and what is wrong. The type of AGC you want in your corner when you need them, contrary to an AGC that pouts "the company can do it".
What??
I'm not sure we can be talking about the same guy. This guy is disgusting since he most likely refused to pay dues for 3 months due to his personal piss and moaning after losing his arse in his agc election two years ago where his OWN station voted against him by over 1,000 votes???

Thankfully, this guy has continuously got his arse handed to him by his own. If he ever did become an AGC he would quickly become the "Bermuda Triangle of AGC's" since his disappearing acts are only slightly less known than Harry Houdini's.

Saw the notice in UDO saying that the light blue summer shirts still continue to be unavailable because of something-or-rather kind of problem with the supplier. I'm rather skeptical that it takes a large uniform supplier almost two years to generate a different colored version of an existing uniform line.

They should just come out and tell us they don't plan on ever receiving them. Why not just let us use the light (non-charcoal) gray shirts that maintenance gets a choice of? They were already stocked and ideal for summer wear.

Lame. <_<

This would be similar to a fourteen year old walking into a grocery store and walking to the beer cooler and getting a six pack. The youth can walk all over the store for quite some time but... the kid will eventually have to go to the front check-out. Of course... we all know this where he/she will get carded (eligibility) and denied the purchase.

What your argument implies is that we should have a clerk policing the cooler and the check-out.

Mr. XXXXXX got carded at the check out... his six pack still sits on the counter!

My Dearest Gentle Mr. Roabilly,

Surely while completing Philosophy 101 in college your professor lectured you and the class that analogies are the weakest form of an argument... perhaps it wasn't a 14-year old kid who was buying beer that lecture day in example you provided, but I disgress.

Let's continue with that analogy of yours, except the 14 year old was told he could buy the beer (as in Mr. XXXXXXXX was told he could be nominated for a position), but after paying for the beer, he was told that he could not actually take the beer home or consume it in the store (as in Mr. XXXXXXXX would not be listed on the ballot, thus could not actually win the election). I hope this may demonstrate as to why analogies are the weakest form of argument as they can be twisted for whatever point of view desired.

I must admit to loving this false bravado, as you call-out Mr. XXXXXXX in this public forum to speak in defense of himself, and by implication he would be cowardly to avoid your verbal gauntlet toss before his cyber feet. Two problems... we do not know if Mr. XXXXXXX even reads this board, and secondly, he would be a fool for speaking in this forum as the matter in question is now being handled in litigation. So you erect this strawman, and now about to declare victory over Mr. XXXXXXX when he fails to respond in this forum? I think Mr. XXXXXXX is letting his attorney to do the speaking for him in a more important venue.

And finally, I read how this shady move by the IAM against Mr. XXXXXXX is somehow justified because allegedly Boss Canale would do those same suspect tactics against another union member? Willl the New Direction '12 Team campaign slogan be "Vote for Us, As We Are Just as Sleazy and Corrupt as the Former Leadership"? Maybe I am being idealistic, but I was hoping for better.

So Aspires Jester.

P.S. What kind of beer did you try to buy that day?

And finally, I read how this shady move by the IAM against Mr. XXXXXXX is somehow justified because allegedly Boss Canale would do those same suspect tactics against another union member? Willl the New Direction '12 Team campaign slogan be "Vote for Us, As We Are Just as Sleazy and Corrupt as the Former Leadership"? Maybe I am being idealistic, but I was hoping for better.
Sleazy and corrupt because the dude couldn't get his dues paid and adhere to the bylaws? Sure, maybe ND's exploiting this guy's condition, but what competent political faction wouldn't?

Mr. Desert Gnome...

I must admit that your aspirations are somewhat indistinct... however... your disdain for analogies troubles me. I am relatively certain that the Membership has already reached a conclusion on the argument... and the analogy.

There will be no further need to “beat a dead horse” in regards to this issue... the legal process will go on with due diligence. Further... as you continue to anxiously await any hint of corruption from the proceedings... I must anticipate... and submit yet another analogy...

A wise man stands alone on a desert island... screaming to the rhythmic beat of the waves on the beach... loudly declaring the land below his feet as being unsuitable for habitation... all the while questioning the craftsmanship and engineering of his beached and broken boat... that he had blindly guided into the reef...

So passes offshore...

BroBilly

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
P.S. To the comment below... that was the intent... wink... wink!

A wise man stands alone on a desert island...screaming to the rhythmic beat of the waves on the beach... loudly declaring the land below his feet as being unsuitable for habitation... all the while questioning the craftsmanship and engineering of his beached, and broken boat... that he had earlier guided into the reef...

BroBilly

That's the worse cacoethes loquendi haiku I ever read.

So Opines Jester.

Does anyone know if there is any possibility of getting cargo and mail handling in PHL & CLT back? I am very interested in transferring to one of those cities, and would prefer to work in cargo or mail if we got it back.

Rogue

Does anyone know if there is any possibility of getting cargo and mail handling in PHL & CLT back? I am very interested in transferring to one of those cities, and would prefer to work in cargo or mail if we got it back.

Rogue

I suggest you propose that next year........

Rogue
You got catering in PHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back