Iam Heading To Arbitration

People say they want facts well they can choke on them there can of beans.

To me , it can't be said enough times. If you want quality and assurances of safety? , it comes with a measured price. How do you value your safety?..and what monitary value does Airline X,Yor Z assign to the lives of their passengers and flight crews?

This reminds me of the story of the new motorcycle buyer whom has to make a choice on purchasing a safety helmet. Do you buy a $100 helmet or a $10 helmet?

The answer clearly lies within the price you assign to the head going into that helmet. Aviation safety should be viewed no differently....just remember that thier are people on the ground that could just as easily suffer from a failure in the air...so it's not always those whom seek "Cheap Tickets" that have the potential to suffer from 2nd rate work. Everyone has a stake in this concern. I will site the examples of the Valujet crash and the USE crash in CLT for example.

The value jet plunge could have taken place over a populated area just as easily as it plunged into the Florida evergaldes. The recent CLT crash was within mear feet of plunging into our CLT base maintenance facility were a B757 was being worked in that one corner of the building...imagine the chain reaction that would have been created with one Acft striking another in an inclosed facility with three other Acft being inside. The potential to kill hundreds in that facility was more than there. Call it luck?..or even Devine will or intervention if you choose? , but the issue is...the safety concerns of a given Aircraft in flight needs to extend beyond the cost of a ticket...and far beyond just those whom have chosen to fly in it. I will restate my point that the concerns and actions should be for everyones safety.

The sky unlike the sea is un-forgiving to most mistakes.

I thought it was well done. Love that Freedom of Information Act. Did you all see that three foot high stack of reports on US Airways alone? Now, we all know somebody that flies these airplanes for a living is going to jump in with their "It's not right" objections. Facts are facts.

Contract maintenance and lack of oversight have been a problem for many years. I remember picking up a multiengine aircraft fresh out of rework at a facility near Lake City, Fla in the early 80's that had a mulititude of problems and this was while in the military. The flight back to home base was a continuous check flight with many problems stemming from poor work. This is not indicative of all contract work, but without a doubt the best work is done "in house" with the people who have a vested interest in doing the job right the first time.

EyeInTheSky said:
Now, we all know somebody that flies these airplanes for a living is going to jump in with their "It's not right" objections. Facts are facts.
Now .... please tell me what that is supposed to mean?? Do you for one moment think that a Pilot, especially for USAirways, would knowingly accept an aircraft with faulty parts??? Perhaps I mis-interpeted your comment ....!

I think it was meant for USA320Pilot and not for pilots in general.

Don't get your hopes up. Still there are those (fools) on this forum that will deny all the facts presented in the excellent report. I found it to be interesting that "safety conscious" Mobile Aerospace was credited with grinding the nose wheels off a UAL A320 during a return to field landing after a maintenance visit in Alabama.......the same outfit that performed an S-Ck on A/C 700........you know, the one that had an emergency landing due to loss of hydraulics and then a no flaps landing???? But it must be my hidden agenda to undermine the management by challenging their obvious ineptitude <_<

I cannot wait to hear the retorts from USFLIBOI and A320PILOT. I'm sure they will promptly point out the lack of facts :lol: :lol: in the PIT- WTAE report.

The irony of it all is that we have repeatedly cited these same reasons for our case against farmout of work.........well DUH!!!

I heard it is fact that "U" has unlicensed Auditors in the Quality Assurance department and they audit these types of places for the company.

Outsourcing doesn't necessarily equate to poor quality. Nor does insourcing equate to high quality. WN has outsouced maintenance for a very long time without harm.

The first question a company should be asking when examining the possibility of outsourcing is whether the task they are outsourcing is a core competency or not. If it is, outsourcing is nuts. If it isn't outsourcing might make sense.

Then the company needs to ask whether more value can be obtained through outsourcing (i.e., would the other firm produce more value per dollar than we can produce). The quality of the work must be part of the equation. In fact, the general rule of thumb one should apply is asking whether the customer would ever notice the difference.

One could make the argument that the customer won't notice the difference since the mechanical parts are never seen by the customer. But it doesn't take too many incidents before the name "US Scareways" starts being used again.

In short, the issue shouldn't be outsourcing itself. It should be the quality of the job being done.

And, yes, I know, there's also the separate (but equally valid) issue regarding contract violation, but that isn't the particular focus of this thread.

I remember I spokesperson from the company being quoted as saying how happy and pleased the company was with the first Airbus that was done by Singapore down in Alabama. That is scary to me. We all know of the many problems with that aircraft after leaving there.

A Pit tv station with no motives????? Please! Ive seen the same type of bashing towards our own from local and national media.

You could be a Harlem Globetrotter. I think you could spin anything. Do you believe the earth is round? Don't you think these people could be sued if it was lies. Get real. I think you are choking on facts. Facts that you asked for.

--You showed your true colors. Your "One Way" avatar is very fitting for you even if it is going the wrong way.

Back