Outsourced Maintenance

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the linked story:
SAN DIEGO -- The next time you fly, the airplane you board may have been repaired by someone who isn't a certified airline mechanic, according to 10News.

What percentage of AA's TWU-represented mechanics are "certified"?? Doesn't AA have plenty of non-licensed (No A&P license) mechanics on the property? B)

Tonight the History Channel will broadcast a program documenting one of AA's most tragic in-house maintenance errors. Glass houses and all . . .

Oh God, why did I click that link knowing he was just wanting us to know how much of a bigshot he is....*sticks finger down throat*..ya gag me boy!

The article is true, clear and concise. Ken is trying to help make flying safer for the public and thats all you can say Calvin??? What the f**k is your problem??? Thanks Ken for all your work and effort!!!

Rusty said:
The article is true, clear and concise. Ken is trying to help make flying safer for the public and thats all you can say Calvin??? What the f**k is your problem??? Thanks Ken for all your work and effort!!!
Huh?

You know by now that TWU is not about safety, the TWU agenda is about lowering pay and benefits and saving jobs.

Why would the TWU give a damn about safety?

Decision 2004 said:
Huh?

You know by now that TWU is not about safety, the TWU agenda is about lowering pay and benefits and saving jobs.

Why would the TWU give a damn about safety?
But, but, but, I saw the twu asking the company "Where is the Shared Sacrifice" and had a slight notion they were finally going to come around!!! Guess not!!! My bad!!!

Calvin said:
Oh God, why did I click that link knowing he was just wanting us to know how much of a bigshot he is....*sticks finger down throat*..ya gag me boy!
calvin, thanks for the laugh. I believe in our profession and take positive steps to make my actions speak for themselves. Our profession is at a dangerous cross road and by educating the public as to what our profession is about and what is happening to aircraft maintenance our road can become smoother.

Continue to post negative comments with a juvenile alias. I would rather fight for what I believe in by not hiding in the shadows. I never claimed to be a "big shot". If every AMT spoke up we would be better off. I am simply taking my step forward. I look forward to your negative comments about the AMTA too.

Ken,

I appreciate what you stand for and thank you for your efforts.

The children of our profession are just as much of a danger as the outsourced work.

I am sure Clavin and his playground gang will have a new t-shirt and slogan regarding the issue soon. That will fix it!

Ken, excellent report. Thanks for having the balls to make the comments you did. We all know that what you said is the truth. The FAA requires us to have standards that are unmatched by third party workers and third world countries such as inspections of our facilities, calibrated tooling, drug screening etc. By having unskilled workers repair our planes just because it's cheaper is just asking for trouble because they don't have to meet our standards. Bottom line, You get what you pay for.

FWAAA said:
From the linked story:

What percentage of AA's TWU-represented mechanics are "certified"?? Doesn't AA have plenty of non-licensed (No A&P license) mechanics on the property? B)

Tonight the History Channel will broadcast a program documenting one of AA's most tragic in-house maintenance errors. Glass houses and all . . .
fwaa, I can not answer your question about what % of our AMTs are certified because the twu and the company do not know themselves how many AMTs are employed. But I will say this, the skill, knowledge & integrity of AA's unlicensed AMTs is light years above those at foreign repair stations and domestic repair stations. Why? Because when you work on an aircraft, either as a licensed or unlicensed AMT, that belongs to your company you will take more pride in your work. Currently our wages are higher than these repair facilities, hence the product has a higher quality to it. Though the twu is doing their best to in house AA's outsourcing. The iam is just letting it go over seas without a fight. It was the iam that allowed NWA a/c to go to Singapore.

As for the History Channel's special reference goes, there will always be aircraft accidents... with and without casualties. There is no "glass house" analogy here my friend. I never stated that in house maintenance was accident proof. I stated that you get what you pay for.

If an airline expects to run their bussiness they should be required to care for ALL their aircraft and not bid out maintenance to the lowest bidder. I ask you, "What price is safety worth?" You can not put a dollar figure on safety. But I do know that if you skimp on maintenance it will come back to haunt the company and the unlucky souls flying on that a/c. Will there be accidents with a/c maintained in house? The averages will probably say so. But with highly paid, skilled & respected AMTs working on their own a/c the averages for an accident will be reduced. There is also the security aspect of out sourcing.

I am fighting to protect our profession. OUR PROFESSION! Thanks for your positive feed back. ;)

Ken,

Thanks for all you have done and continue to do for our AMT profession. You are not given the credit you deserve. I am glad to have met you at the Brady and on the flight back to DFW, the cold ones at the airport just capped off another successful weekend for the AMFA organizers. Now, a few months later, we will finish our mission.

The continuous malignity by the twu just reinforces our relsolve to see these people (I use the term loosely) removed from power. With our unrelenting AMFA forces, we are winning the war.

See you again soon. Good people always triumph over evil minds.

THE twu IS OUT THE DOOR IN 04!!!

FWAAA said:
From the linked story:

Saw the program.

It was good but they left out the fact that the mechanics objected to doing the pylon removal that way but the company figured it would save time and money.

Maybe it did but the price paid by those who were on flt #191 that day was too high.

That was a terrible day but it appears that the lessons learned there about cutting costs have been forgotten.

Videos like that should be required viewing by all mechanics. Not just for the technical aspects but seeing the devastation not only to those that loose their lives but those they leave behind is a powerful incentive to resist being pressured into shortcuts.

I read where the TWU and the company are happy that mechanics are working two jobs to get by.

Thats just great isnt it? Think about it.

I know, if you dont like it,,,,,,,.

For anyone interested in fighting to protect aircraft maintenance I look forward to seeing you in Washington, D.C. on April 4th, 2006.

Is there really any reason to bring up 2 year old posts to add 1 line? Please just start a new one if you are going to be brining up threads that old. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back