IAM IBT Debate, Will it happen

you gotta have a bone structure to have a backbone, single cell amoebas are known for that...First I don't think it would be fair for Andy to have to debate a primate in public, he may be sued by PETA for cruelty to an undefendable animal

you gotta have a bone structure to have a backbone, single cell amoebas are known for that...First I don't think it would be fair for Andy to have to debate a primate in public, he may be sued by PETA for cruelty to an undefendable animal
a non-licensed stock boy speaking for mechanics?

according to awausairtech,this is incomprehensible..... :shock:

how can you have a stock clerk debate mechanic issues?? :shock: :eek:

what does a non-licensed box stacker know of mechanic issues?

duh...duh...duh...duh...duh

you can say all you want forever about the IAM but our BK contract was modeled after the IBT negotiated AWA contract..thanks a friggin' lot,andy! ;)

Welcome to the AWA way of life - hope you enjoy it. Also for the record just so you do not think I am afraid of you or lack a response for the next week I will be on the motorcycle and not near a computer. Just don't want you to get confused, again.

Also for the record that is why we have mechanics on the team for the contract - Andy knows contracts and we know what the job is. but you may not like this so I guess you won't have to worry since you are retired and Andy is doing our next contract.

You won't have a next contract, you will be welcomed to the IAM shortly.

You know I find it ironic that you chastise the IAM for including other classifications in negotiations, yet you find it totally acceptable to have a non-airline, non-mechanic, UPS box handler in your negotiations, are all you ibters that hypocritical?

Welcome to the AWA way of life - hope you enjoy it. Also for the record just so you do not think I am afraid of you or lack a response for the next week I will be on the motorcycle and not near a computer. Just don't want you to get confused, again.
well at least you have weather that affords you riding time.....we been rained on everyday for weeks now here in PIT.
have a nice ride... :up:

And take your rose colored glasses off if you think it will go ibt, you don't have enough cards, that is why you are trying to remove so many eligible voters.

If you are so confident let everyone in the class and craft vote.

You won't have a next contract, you will be welcomed to the IAM shortly.

You know I find it ironic that you chastise the IAM for including other classifications in negotiations, yet you find it totally acceptable to have a non-airline, non-mechanic, UPS box handler in your negotiations, are all you ibters that hypocritical?
And why not.......IF the individual has a skill in negotiating, that would be the best person for the job. I don't believe that every airline CEO had a an airline background..........just as one example.....it happens all the time like that.

Is everyone that is associated with the IAM for the airline of an airline background?? Legit question.

For example both the fleet and mechanic and related negotiating committees were made up of all airline people, everyone worked for US except the GLR and the District President, but they are both airline people.

The only people involved with the committees who are not airline people are the financial experts and attornies.

For example both the fleet and mechanic and related negotiating committees were made up of all airline people, everyone worked for US except the GLR and the District President, but they are both airline people.

The only people involved with the committees who are not airline people are the financial experts and attornies.
Understood. But honestly, whether or not the individual has the airline background, if the skills are there for something such as negotiating, just like financial and legal, then it really shouldn't be an issue. Having the capacity to understand and to have the compassion and passion, are what is important in a situation as that. Legal skills vary, financial skills vary, negotiating skills vary, management skills vary.........and can be applied to many scenarios and industries. Hopefully, you have the best you can get.

Well Airwoman,

My posts are a direct reply to the attack the ibters levied upon the IAM who had classifications on the NC that are not AMTs, but they are on the CBA and work for the company that they are negotiating with. Yet the ibt has a non-airline box handler on theirs.

Don't you find that hypocritical in the least?

Well Airwoman,

My posts are a direct reply to the attack the ibters levied upon the IAM who had classifications on the NC that are not AMTs, but they are on the CBA and work for the company that they are negotiating with. Yet the ibt has a non-airline box handler on theirs.

Don't you find that hypocritical in the least?
I'm trying to take the middle road and be positive. This is a merger and not a war.......no need for attacks IMO. The NMB will hopefully have a ruling soon regarding the vote and then it will transpire from there. Who knows who will be at the table...........pilots, FA's, stock clerks, mechanics, tech writers, MOC..........doesn't matter in the long run. As long the drive and passion and compassion and understanding is there......to ensure the best results possible for all parties involved. Agree??

I find it ironic you say that Andy Marshall is not qualified to do his job......yet......O.D. avoids the debate......yet you say that the IAM is the best......best at what? The way you talk it will be a very simple and quick debate "wham bam" and its over.....sounds simple to me........or is there something I'm missing about this debate thing...? This debate will never happen...O.D. knows that there are questions that will be asked of him that he will be unable to answer........about the past. :)

I never said anything about the ups box handler, just using your own ibt supports words.

Sucks that it smacks you right back in the face.

And why debate until the NMB actually declares an election, otherwise it is a waste of time.

And OD can wipe the floor with the UPS man, OD has been doing this a lot longer then the box handler. OD works for an actual airline that hauls passengers, the box man does not.

Latest posts

Back