IAM or TWU

Just sitting here at the back of the pack watching everyone else pass us by.....this week we are blaming it on the NMB.....when they make a decision who will be next!!!  Company is just sitting back and laughing while more coins are filling their bank!!  Blowing lots of smoke about how valuable the MTC department is while at the same time getting ready to put Aeroman back online for the AB checks!!! 

Reactions: 6 people
NYer said:

The best option for AMFA has been to get cards signed since the application for the Single Transportation System was submitted last August. If they would have gotten the cards signed over the last 7 months, then a "write-in" would not be necessary. Of course, most of the AMFA supporters have been on these pages complaining, but there didn't seem to be a big effort in trying to get cards submitted.

This may have been the last chance for AMFA and looking back, it seems their supporters blew it by not taking advantage of all this time it has taken the NMB to issue their response to the application.
NYer, I am sure the AMFA organizers are on top of it.  If they have in fact givin up then they all will pay dearly.  I do agree with you that this will in fact be the last time for AMFA to get in.  Just hoping they have been very quietly collecting more cards since Aug.  It seems every time before when they let out how and what they were doing or going to do the TWU, IBT and even the company AA was able to interfere and block AMFA in some way.  We will all see after the NMB's announcement.  If givin the 30 days (or whatever it is) pretty sure there will be a stronger amount of cards coming in after announcement.  Even if AMFA doesn't win again to get into AA, I still hope they get on the ballot to give your members another choice of representation other than this alliance BS...

NYer said:

You're a leader. Why don't you write a letter to the NMB and ask them exactly what happens if the No Union option wins the vote. Isn't that the way to make your current hypothesis a fact. At that point, no one could dispute you assertions.

Write that letter and post their response on these pages. If you do that, you win the argument hands down.

Not doing that, however, will put another chink in that armor of rhetoric you carry around.
I have asked the very same of Bob in the very beginning when trying to get him to call or write the NMB to verify what I was told by the NMB.  He never addressed my post or responded...

Reactions: 1 person
swamt said:
NYer, I am sure the AMFA organizers are on top of it.  If they have in fact givin up then they all will pay dearly.  I do agree with you that this will in fact be the last time for AMFA to get in.  Just hoping they have been very quietly collecting more cards since Aug.  It seems every time before when they let out how and what they were doing or going to do the TWU, IBT and even the company AA was able to interfere and block AMFA in some way.  We will all see after the NMB's announcement.  If givin the 30 days (or whatever it is) pretty sure there will be a stronger amount of cards coming in after announcement.  Even if AMFA doesn't win again to get into AA, I still hope they get on the ballot to give your members another choice of representation other than this alliance BS...

You mean the "grassroots" AMFA organizers, because as an organization they are not actively seeking a vote. Are they?

AMFA supporters have been trying for over a decade and they haven't even been close. They have long list of who to blame, but if they can't organize the AA folks (and AMFA was started by an AA/TWU person in the 1960's), then how are they going to give me us the quality representation they're trying to sell. They can't even convince the majority of mechanics at AA, even with their 24/7 anti-TWU messaging. Pretty pathetic.

NYer said:

You mean the "grassroots" AMFA organizers, because as an organization they are not actively seeking a vote. Are they?

AMFA supporters have been trying for over a decade and they haven't even been close. They have long list of who to blame, but if they can't organize the AA folks (and AMFA was started by an AA/TWU person in the 1960's), then how are they going to give me us the quality representation they're trying to sell. They can't even convince the majority of mechanics at AA, even with their 24/7 anti-TWU messaging. Pretty pathetic.
I really think you will be surprised at the outcome. Pay attention, and I hope I can tell you "I told you so."

Latest posts