IAM Organizing JetBlue Ramp

Discussion in 'jetBlue' started by 700UW, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Worldport

Worldport Veteran

Tim sometime in the 90s (maybe) I remember getting a letter from the IAM. They didn't use your name but they were referring to you as a pain in the a$$. I have to give to you,you are persistent. You probably have that letter framed don't you

2. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

Bored, obsessed, power hungry, quite mad, maybe insane is more in line to how I would describe Mr Nelson.

Drinking beer and sniffling through his videos also could be a sign of something else, but we would need a professional to judge that?

Can't find that You Tube of the cursing AA Mechanic anymore? It must have been taken down. At least Tim hasn't gone that far off the deep end.................................. Yet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. swamt

swamt Veteran

I'm not so sure they will get enough cards to file. JB has already loss the Pilots group that went union and will more than likely beef up their anti-union fight even stronger to stop other groups from going union. But time will tell. Still a litle surprised the mechanics group hasn't went the union route especially after the attempt of merging with ALK. I do agree with you in that if the rampers are able to file with the IAM you will see some stations go to outsourcing prior to the union getting certified IF it even get's that far.

4. swamt

swamt Veteran

So just how is that union drive going at JB?  Been very quiet lately.  

5. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

No JetBlue people come here. Seems to be the story with Forums. Mostly only an AA crowd when it comes to people who work for any airline?

6. Kev3188

Kev3188 Veteran

Not sure I've ever seen a B6 employee on here, either...

7. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

http://youtu.be/AEQr_DWQ1CQ

8. swamt

swamt Veteran

Any info on the JB groups getting organized like their Pilots did?  Been kinda quiet lately.  I am sure JB is looking out for another merger partner since losing out on the VA purchase. Good luck to all of you on getting organized...

9. eolesen

eolesen Veteran

They're too busy working.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Eric Price

Eric Price Newbie

This forum isn't 'for' B6 CMs. It's for managers. If you would like to talk to B6 guys, you will need to go out and talk to them. The way that the IAM Organizers do.

B6 needs the IAM, and they need a contract and a raise and better safety and work rules. Right now, all they have are a handful of "nice" supervisors. That isn't enough. To make matters worse, The airline has been taken over by Vulture Capitalists, Lawyers who specialize in outsourcing, and crooked Executives who were kicked out of BA.

Since the IAM has been organizing, these guys have started getting a little more love. Small raises, a few bonuses, pizza parties... but that isn't a replacement for real workplace democracy and a contract that they can develop, vote for and enforce themselves.

11. Eric Price

Eric Price Newbie

Here's Tim Nelson's "face" profile. He is also posting as several other people on this thread, as well. One time, this guy... one time he tried to start his own union. He even went around passing out fake Authorization Cards and everything.

He posts as several people, talks to himself, argues with his other fake profiles and uses them to say how great he is. Because that's just what he does.

12. Kev3188

Kev3188 Veteran

Eric—

Do you work at B6?

13. eolesen

eolesen Veteran

Something tells me you're a bit clueless as to who frequents these forums.........

Hint: it's almost exclusively front-line workers with a few high-mileage frequent fliers here and there.

14. swamt

swamt Veteran

Not sure if he wants to openly admit that he works there after his first post. I have talked to mechanics at JB and some have said if they post on here neg issues they will get fired.

15. eolesen

eolesen Veteran

B6 isn't known for shooting the messenger, so I'll call BS on the "they'll get fired" fears. Their culture isn't geared towards retribution like AA's is.