Our History (US)

Thx. I actually learned a lot from the video. Some long ago history that I never knew before, again, thx...

I enjoyed this article on the subject.

It's a nicely written. A few factual errors...the biggest being that USAir never directly merged with Empire in 1986. Empire was acquired by Piedmont before Piedmont itself was acquired by USAir. So Empire had long been absorbed by Piedmont when USAir merged with them.

The other glaring error is that America West acquired US Airways. America West at the time didn't have a pot to piss in themselves, much less have the fund to acquire another carrier. It was a merger set up by money interests outside both companies and America West top management took the helm.

Reactions: 4 people
Another error: Citing sick calls as a factor in the '04 X-mas meltdown in PHL. The DOT blamed the mess on management and short staffing, IIRC, not a sick out.

Other than that, a good article, even if it over simplified the whole story

I did get a kick out of the soundbite from Dave Siegel!

I for one will be soooo happy to see this train wreck of an airline disapear. It has been a nightmarish place to work and be a part of since the extremely one-sided, nepotismed descisions about senior management from the Pidmont- usair merger. Ever since 1989 we have roiled from one crisis to another like a drunken sailor, always laying blame at the feet of the employees. Employees who were treated as red-headed stepchildren if they werent from alegheny originally.

I say, "Good Riddence", bring on a real legacy major, not this has been, feeder, regional, thinks they are all that, joke of an airline. I mean, we use to use a grade school rehabed for a training center? Really?

These morons actually took a delay in CLT to make sure everything, I mean everything witha Piedmont logo was off there aircraft on the change over date, thats how arrogant usair was, is, always will be. Damn glad its era is over. Bring on a major airline, American....

24 years of suffering under this inbred bulls**t, but, no. I'm not bitter.....LOL

Reactions: 4 people
I for one will be soooo happy to see this train wreck of an airline disapear. It has been a nightmarish place to work and be a part of since the extremely one-sided, nepotismed descisions about senior management from the Pidmont- usair merger. Ever since 1989 we have roiled from one crisis to another like a drunken sailor, always laying blame at the feet of the employees. Employees who were treated as red-headed stepchildren if they werent from alegheny originally.

I say, "Good Riddence", bring on a real legacy major, not this has been, feeder, regional, thinks they are all that, joke of an airline. I mean, we use to use a grade school rehabed for a training center? Really?

These morons actually took a delay in CLT to make sure everything, I mean everything witha Piedmont logo was off there aircraft on the change over date, thats how arrogant usair was, is, always will be. Damn glad its era is over. Bring on a major airline, American....

24 years of suffering under this inbred bulls**t, but, no. I'm not bitter.....LOL

I second that! AMEN!!!

Reactions: 1 person

We don't get fooled again. Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.....................

Reactions: 2 people
Speaking of Mr Parker, I wonder what it would take to get him do what Richard Branson did here, after losing a bet:
http://www.sfgate.co...bet-4509000.php

:)
Richard Branson is the Paris Hilton of the airline industry. Paris wanted to be famous and Richard wants to be a multi-tasking airline CEO. Proof that money can get you anything you want. How's his space travel endeavor going? Has he made the maiden flight to the atmosphere border? Is his Mars project going well? If not for his money, Branson would be committed because he is another nut in the asylum!

Latest posts