IAM Stepping Up campaign

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines' started by 700UW, Jan 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. southwind

southwind Veteran

Wonder how many Union peeps, who pay for, get to fly in it?

Btw .... How's the golf course lookin'?

2. WorldTraveler

WorldTraveler Corn Field

because AS employees realize that their very livelihoods and the gravy train are at risk because of intense competition.

but even that narrative doesn't match the narrative that, at least so far into June, DL's SEA domestic RASM was up while AS reported at best industry average RASM.

of course, the Pacific Northwest can susatain lots of capacity in the summer; the off peak periods are when the pushing match really heats up.

still, the notion that anyone has to lose in SEA is far from proven. But labor at SEA does realize that they had better at least do the chest thumping alongside AS mgmt to try to convince someone that they can stand up from the big, ugly brute from Georgia.

• Like Like x 1
  3. southwind

southwind Veteran

What part of "Employees know DL is anti-union" do you not understand?

Like I said, name one company who's wants a union, on their property?

• Like Like x 1
  4. yoyodyne

yoyodyne Veteran

MisserAAble Airways?

• Like Like x 1
  5. WorldTraveler

WorldTraveler Corn Field

yes, them.

and while there are many good AA employees, this board has been infested with some of the worst AA has to offer; not surprisingly some of the worst are those who never even worked for AA or who left and supposedly have gone to other things.

• Like Like x 1
  6. BABABOOY

BABABOOY Veteran

The following is what actual F/A's  are saying about the IAM representing F/A's.......

"ExpressJet FAs, their largest group of represented FAs have been working under an expired contract and haven’t had a raise since 2009. CommutAir is their second largest group of Flight Attendants who voted in IAM in 2008. They have NEVER had a contract, and the Union admits that “little progress” has been made. Their latest update was May 2014."

comments:
    "The IAM will try and get in everywhere.If they can't get in today the will be back tomorrow and the next day and the next day till the Bastards wear you down."

"AM is not a union for the people it's a group of bullies that operate like the mafia. For 3 years I have paid dues without representation and in fact have been excluded from receiving same information as other members because reps do not like nor appreciate when I call them out for not doing their job or for their lies to members."

"It is ONLY about the money. They want/need our hard earned money to survive. That's all."

"UAL ground workers recently voted in IAM. What is happening to them right now? Outsourcing of their jobs all over the U.S."

" for Flight Attendants, IAM is failing at representing both ExpressJet and Commutair (unless you'd call no raises or contracts since 2008/2009 a success). CO/UA voted IAM OUT as their bargaining agent; howevver, IAM still represents some UA ground staff... their members are already chiming in as to their efficacy."

"The IAM destroyed what was S-CO and the Company now also sucks"

" In the bylaws the IAM reps gets raise. Even when the membership have not had a cost of living raise."

"Don't let them destroy DL"

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  7. yoyodyne

yoyodyne Veteran

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• Like Like x 2
  8. Kev3188

Kev3188 Veteran

Bastards? This person knows these are his/her coworkers, right?

They do? Sorry, but if EV employees think they're what's keeping the IAM in existence, they've got another thing comin'...

They do? Did this person share a link to an LM-2 or other report? Which reps? I never got one. Hell, I was never paid, either. None of us were. At the GC level, I saw very little upward movement of income, and frankly, ours (at NW) weren't paid enough, IMO.

Exactly. Our mgmt. hates competition.

• Like Like x 2
  9. robbedagain

robbedagain Veteran

Should the IAM actually get in at DL (which I wish to see happen) I can only imagine how a certain someone would react.........    

I know Baba and Yoyo are 2 of the anti union  and I do respect them for how they feel  but I do truly hope to see DL become union so that you folks at DL get a voice in matters...   Good Luck Kev and all the DL folks

• Like Like x 1
  10. WorldTraveler

WorldTraveler Corn Field

the majority of the DL folks have spoken and they rejected unions, robbed.

they have a voice and are happy with what they have.

• Like Like x 2
  11. signals

signals Veteran

Just like the majority rules when it comes to voting in government affairs, the same holds true with the majority rules when it comes to union vs. non-union. If Delta doesn't want a union, it is the choice of the majority, not the individuals. I AM speaking to my buddies from the water cooler...he-heh!

If Delta does not want unions and the majority have ruled by voting on it, let the IAM tuck its tail between its legs and go whining home.

If I were to vote a union in, I would wonder where my seniority would stand, after all I may have 25 years but new hire gets more seniority because of a union glitch.

• Like Like x 1
  12. WorldTraveler

WorldTraveler Corn Field

hey siggie,
    good to see you back here on the airline side.

Yes, the DL people have indeed said they aren't interested in unions.

we have a few that frequent the DL forum that are infected with a disease that makes one delusionally believe that unions can do something for DL employees but the evidence is overwhelming that unions - and not just the IAM - have been soundedly rejected in about a dozen elections over the past decade at DL.

I don't know that there is a single airline in the US where the employees have so consistently said NO to labor representation.

but hey, there are big bucks to be made so you can't blame unions for trying.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kev3188

Kev3188 Veteran

Thanks! What we have now isn't working. We deserve better.

• Like Like x 2
  14. WorldTraveler

WorldTraveler Corn Field

yet the majority of your coworkers have repeatedly shown NO INTEREST in a union.

you didn't ever answer the question about when you stopped your own pushing in order to actually give DL a chance.

anyone that anyone who frequents this board knows it never happened while your coworkers did.

they have figured out to win and succeed.

you, well...

why don't you grab another cup of coffee and ask yourself why the DL unionization campaign on a.net has been extinguished and you are one of the last holdouts on this forum.

other than a Facebook page which 700 loves to quote even though the validity of the participants can't be verified, where is the support for unionization that you speak about?

we have seen pictures of a half dozen people in one place.

it's not there, Kevin.

give it up and move on.

15. robbedagain

robbedagain Veteran

ur absolutely right Kev!  it needs improvement big time bro!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.