IAM WINS!

700UW said:
IAM members at US Airways have been in contract negotiations for almost three years.

700 F.Y.I.  We IAM members have NOT VOTED a New Contract in for a lot more than 3 years even after the AWA-USAIR MERGER and even longer for the older IAM members as the IAM input a transition contract and the members had no vote on it or what was in it......When was the last time WE Got To VOTE on a CONTRACT and not just take what the IAM said they could get us???

• Banned
Are you that ignorant? US and the IAM have been in section 6 negotiations for almost three years, do you even understand the process?

You negotiate 60 days prior to the amenable date, but US and the IAM started early negotiations.

I never said anything different, you are truly clueless.

Travis in 2007 the iam had a ta but it was shot down then in may 2008 a 3 yr deal was ratified which brought hp and us fsa and m&r together not like the pilots

Typical the way the IAM responds to its "Dues Paying" members...."Ignorant", "Clueless"....guess we are just a bunch of knuckle dragging greasers....must be true because WE do pay THEIR salary and fund THEIR retirement!!!!!!

Let me try this again..... WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME M&R HAD VOTE ON A CONTRACT THAT THE IAM DUES PAYING MEMBERS RATIFIED OTHER THAN THE IAM JUST IMPLEMENTING WHAT THEY WANTED IN IT?????????????? WAS IT BACK IN 1998 OR WAS IT LONGER THAN THAT???????????? AROUND 15 YEARS OR SO IS MY GUESS.........

• Banned
1999 was the last time their was Section 6 negotiations, and it took four and half years and super mediation during the 30 day cooling off period and before that we went on strike in 1992. You still dont get how the process works, its quite clear.

A single contract? What are you talking about, East and West became one in 2008 for the Mechanic and Related class and craft.

WEST AND EAST DID NOT VOTE ON A CONTRACT IT WAS A T/A CONTRACT PUT IN PLACE BY THE IAM..... SO EAST AND WEST HAVE YET TO VOTE ON A CONTRACT AS A SINGLE WORK FORCE UNDER THE THE SAME COLORS. 

IT MAY BE BEST TO NOT GO INTO ALL THE WEST LOST IN THAT IAM T/A. LIKE SICK TIME AND HOLIDAYS ECT. WE WOULD NOT WANT TO GIVE ANYONE THE IDEA THE IAM IS A WEAK COMPANY UNION.  

• Banned
How about the $10 raise an hour GSE got, how about PHX Hangar protected, how about a pension?

Shall I go on and on and on?

How about the raise west got?

GOOD FOR GSE...... BUT THE AMT's ARE ON THE BOTTOM OF THE PAY SCALE FOR OUR CLASS AND CRAFT.
O AND IT IS NICE AFTER ALL THE YEARS TO GET SOME OF THE DAYS OFF BACK THE IAM LOST FOR US WEST BOYS IN THE MERGER, NOW IF YOU CAN GET MY SICK TIME AND LOWER HEALTH COST BACK WE CAN START TO GET BACK WERE WE WERE 8 YEARS OR SO AGO. BUT SINCE THE IAM CAN'T GET A CONTRACT OUT OF PARKER AND THE BOYS LOOKS LIKE WE WILL BE WITHOUT A CONTRACT FOR A WHILE LONGER....ITS BEEN 15 YEARS SINCE WE VOTED ON A CONTRACT WHATS A LITTLE LONGER.

LIKE I SAID 700 SEE YA NEXT YEAR!!!!!!

No IAM contract leads to no JCBA. What a mess. Our TWU negotiated (I think it was) contract has a way to go. Maybe Parker and company may wait until 2018 to settle both sides. After all he has a deal of a contract on both sides. Why ruin it by negotiating?

TRAVIS said:
Let me try this again..... WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME M&R HAD VOTE ON A CONTRACT THAT THE IAM DUES PAYING MEMBERS RATIFIED OTHER THAN THE IAM JUST IMPLEMENTING WHAT THEY WANTED IN IT?????????????? WAS IT BACK IN 1998 OR WAS IT LONGER THAN THAT???????????? AROUND 15 YEARS OR SO IS MY GUESS.........
I have my '05 contract book, and my '08 T/A contact book, and it is.........well....... 2014!

Back