I'm very curious

I didn't ask that question Southwind. YOu are a conservative - From the other boards I have been on, pretty much every job pays too much. The shareholder is king. So are you overpaid? What you you tell a conservative who is in sales who would disagree with you and say that you are paid to much for the job you do...and that your company could do better if it's labor costs are lower. Let me ask you. A GM employee gets a wage (not including benefits...just the wage) of $21 an hour to put a bumper on a car...is he overpaid?

The only people I have issue with, as far as pay and benefits, are public sector jobs. For some reason they seem to think they are exempt from whatever financial crisis that is going on. As my employer, years ago, DL deemed it nessacary to cut my pay, and pension, because of fiscal issues. No one made me stay, but I'm glad I stuck it out as DL seems to be making the right moves, that will keep me earning a paycheck !
When it comes to public sector jobs, you, me and Kev are the employers. If sacrifices have to be made, in order to meet a county, city, state or federal budget, so be it . No one should be exempt.
As far as pay.................your worth whatever someone's willing to pay you ! Again, as far as I know, no one is forced by the government or their employer, to stay at their current job !

You clearly stated your view on personal wages does jibe with kc flyer's. Mine does

If mine jibes with yours and KC's....why you say this:

Dell, I agree there is plenty to cut in govt that wont impact common people but your view on personal wages is wrong

Like I said...what is my view on personal wages that you think is wrong but jibes with yours and KC's? Jibe means equal.

Yet if they stand firm - they "are killing the goose that laid the golden twinkie".

But they didn't stand firm.

As far as the unions go: You can blame them for not making enough concessions. You can blame the bakers for administering the final death blow. But you can't blame them for management's strategic incompetence, or the decision to try to run a flailing company on debt, hope, and empty calories.

There's more than enough blame in this story for everyone involved to have a taste.

Yes, it's simplistic, but from what I have seen on other boards, conservatives usually seem to feel that everybody is overpaid except themselves and the CEO. According to them, it's not a company's job to provide jobs...it's to provide a return to the shareholders. And if they are "bloated" in the personnel department, then it's only right and good that these companies 'rightsize'. And layoffs are good because they cut labor costs AND they increase the unemployment numbers, which they can blame on Obama. And the cure for all ills is a tax cut.

I only use unions in this case because this board is unique - most of the posters are current or former airline employees. You've watched jobs disappear...you've take pay and benefit cuts, and yet what I see ON OTHER BOARDS is that you all were a part of the problem - it was those damn labor costs that was sending airlines into bankruptcy. When you point out that maintenance is being offshored, the immediate response is that the mechanics here were overpaid and if they'd do it for less, the jobs would stay here.

Apparently I was unclear. I did not mean your POV was simplistic but those who blame one side or the other are to simplistic. Very rarely does a ship sink because of one person with no other contributing factors.

See that's why I deviate from the norm. You can't follow this one or that one, you have to also be able to see things the way they are and act based on your own decisions. America isn't free because followers aren't free. Followers adhere to one ideology and make it their belief. Soon you find others and become birds of a feather.

My point is that those who think they know me, don't know me! I have gone against party lines many times. I am a registered Republican, but in my voting history, I have voted Democrat more. Oh, and I'm union! You argue politics, yet the whole political system are a joke. People believe we are a Democracy, when in reality we are a Republic...to which it stands. You actually believe it is you who elects a prez when it is the Electoral College.

Italy is a Republic and the people don't vote for the prez. They vote for everyone else, though. Politicians over there will blatantly screw you, here they let you believe that the opposing team screwed you. We hate the rich that create jobs, but don't give 2 $#!7S about the leeching athletes, oh wait they need to be paid millions and have contracts that make them billionaires regardless if they play or win.

Damn are we suppose to be so stupid to think that the executives make billions regardless of the outcome without an agreed contract? They are the athletes of industry after all. And most executives in my area, that is in a blue state, are...drum roll please...Democrats.

I suggest everybody move to a Republic somewhere in the world and see how their democratic process works.

The only people I have issue with, as far as pay and benefits, are public sector jobs. For some reason they seem to think they are exempt from whatever financial crisis that is going on. As my employer, years ago, DL deemed it nessacary to cut my pay, and pension, because of fiscal issues. No one made me stay, but I'm glad I stuck it out as DL seems to be making the right moves, that will keep me earning a paycheck !
When it comes to public sector jobs, you, me and Kev are the employers. If sacrifices have to be made, in order to meet a county, city, state or federal budget, so be it . No one should be exempt.
As far as pay.................your worth whatever someone's willing to pay you ! Again, as far as I know, no one is forced by the government or their employer, to stay at their current job !

I can't WAIT to see/hear you defend DEL-DUH...it they transition Your job to DGS/Ready Reserve or Region Elite.
Then Again, you'd quietly BEND OVER, minus any K Y and probably Never utter a Peep !

Yet if they stand firm - they "are killing the goose that laid the golden twinkie".

Alright,....TIME OUT here !
" I " the annointed one have some FACTS to lay on the table !!!
" I " am the ONLY guy on this here Water Cooler, that has MET you K C Flyer, and " I " am in a good position to say the following.
The MAN I first laid eyes one, is NOTHING anyway near a bleeding heart liberal, NOT even CLOSE.

What you are is a MAN who 'calls-it-like-he-see's-it' no matter how much it may take him by surprise. Question. How does it Feel to be 1000% correct about EVERY F'n thing you've said on this thread ?????????????????????
We've got some guys on the cooler here that could live '4' Lifetimes, and NEVER come close to your ability to 'Call-em-as-he-sees-em' !!!!
In summary, lay your noggin' on your pillow..knowing that you KNOW what your talking about..90+ % of the time.

PS,
WELCOME BACK !

PPS, I still cant remember if we tipped the waitress enough ! : )

New Hampshire Black Bear....I think I remember when you announced your retirement years and years ago! I don't come on here much since FaceBook...is that you? I honestly thought you were no longer with us.... :rant:

Alright,....TIME OUT here !
" I " the annointed one have some FACTS to lay on the table !!!
" I " am the ONLY guy on this here Water Cooler, that has MET you K C Flyer, and " I " am in a good position to say the following.
The MAN I first laid eyes one, is NOTHING anyway near a bleeding heart liberal, NOT even CLOSE.

What you are is a MAN who 'calls-it-like-he-see's-it' no matter how much it may take him by surprise. Question. How does it Feel to be 1000% correct about EVERY F'n thing you've said on this thread ?????????????????????
We've got some guys on the cooler here that could live '4' Lifetimes, and NEVER come close to your ability to 'Call-em-as-he-sees-em' !!!!
In summary, lay your noggin' on your pillow..knowing that you KNOW what your talking about..90+ % of the time.

PS,
WELCOME BACK !

PPS, I still cant remember if we tipped the waitress enough ! : )
WOW! That's a serious ass kissin' ! You goin' down on him next?
I can't WAIT to see/hear you defend DEL-DUH...it they transition Your job to DGS/Ready Reserve or Region Elite.
Then Again, you'd quietly BEND OVER, minus any K Y and probably Never utter a Peep !
Right ! Like a union worker has never taken it, without ky. First on my list is pay cuts for all in the RR industry !

New Hampshire Black Bear....I think I remember when you announced your retirement years and years ago! I don't come on here much since FaceBook...is that you? I honestly thought you were no longer with us.... :rant:

'Stew,
YUP, It's ME,......'alive and kickin' ! : )
I retired from AA in '04, then got hired at AMTRAK in 09' doing light maintainance/cleaning.

My Good Fortune continues, because just 2 weeks ago, I applied for a Better $$$ Job (within the company) and got offered a job on-board the train's( NE Regional/Long-Haul and ACELA Express)in the Cafe car(s) as a bartender ! At 68, my health is Very good, I LOVE TRAINS, and have NO desire to ever retire. I told them in the Interview that I'll make the front cover of 'INK' Magazine, (AMTRAK'S company publication). receiving an award for still working(selling beer, wine and food), well into my Eighties !(If it's the Will of our CREATOR !)

'Stew,...imagine for a moment being on a 3 day trip.....(looking out those Large Picture Windows),from Seattle/Portland to Chicago, rolling through the Great Plains, the Rocky Mountains and right along the Colombia River, and GETTING PAID and TIPPED for your work. We get our own private sleeper for the 2 nights, and order anything off of the dining car menu FREE. A nice overnight right Downtown in Chicago, then 3 MORE days to return to SEA, doing this 3 1/2 times a month. (Wife can come along Free. She just has to pay for her meals), .......... And All the While being under the Umbrella PROTECTION of the UNION !

IF there is a BETTER job than this(for me), I don't know about it.

Thanx for your inquiry. : )

Latest posts

Back