A Quest. For The Nwa Replacement Workers

us45366

Aug 24, 2005
This is no rant...just a question....if NWA is willing to replace it's "overpaid" and "lazy" union workers....what's gonna stop them from replaceing YOU in a couple of years with other "lower-paid" green card workers that will work for less than you do now ??? I wouldn't go buying cars and making babies if I were you... one way or the other....you're going out the door to... either you'll be forced out when AMFA comes back....or someone from "south of the border" will be up here replacing "YOU" when "YOU" become the so-called "high-paid lazy workers"......

THAT is why there NEEDS to be unions....cause crappy little evil companies like NWA will ALWAYS be looking to fatten the "fat-cats" wallets at YOUR/OUR expense. There is ALWAYS someone at the bottom looking to replace you at lower wages...What good is replaceing workers if YOU'RE just gonna be replaced a few years down the road ????? What kind of life is that for you...or ANY of us... Unions provide continuity....You can BUY a house...you can SEND your kids to college... you can PROVIDE for your retirement.... cause you know your gonna BE there a few years down the road...

I'm not saying that unions are the "best" alternative.....a mutual respect between employers and employees would CERTAINLY be the way you would want it in a "Utopian" world....BUT NWA (and all companies like it) are a REALITY !!! And the only way to fight fire is with fire....and like them or not...strong "unified" unions are the ONLY way to do that....

I would agree with you if NWA was turning a profit, but they're not. If you want to debate their lack of planning or leadership, I would go along with that topic.

Well....NWA certainly is most EXCELLENT in the planning department (when it comes to busting unions).....they are bragging that they spent 18 months PLANNING this strike....but it's their "leadership" (upper management) that is DEFINITLY in question....There are several airlines making a profit now (Southwest and Jetblue) and that has EVERYTHING to do with the management teams that are running them......and the thing that kills me about this is that they are claiming that it's their "hourly" labor costs that are killing them....but it's really FUEL COSTS that are tearing everyone a new "a**hole"....so...why try to cut your losses by asking workers to take paycuts....why not just raise ticket costs to reflect fule price increases ??? You know EVERY other airline out there would LOVE to see that !!! I know that sounds simplistic....but think about this....when the corner gas station see's their fuel cost go up, they don't ask their EMPLOYEES to take a pay cut do they ??? NOOOO WAY !!!!! They just walk out front and post new price levels...and the people/customers continue to USE the product and pay the higher prices....And that's what would happen with the airlines...people would either continue to buy tickets at the higher prices...or they would stop traveling .... and SUPPOSEDLY...there is to MUCH seat capacity in the industry ANYWAY....that is how "the market" would readjust itself....Once the fuel costs come down (if EVER...remember...the guy in the Whitehouse is from TEXAS...and he is CONECTED intimatly with the oil industry...and the VP is an "energy" czar) the companies are gonna start showing profit like CRAZY !!! And do you think they'll come back to the employee groups and say "We want to raise your wages :)"....

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah.......RIGHT !!! So you better believe they are doing everything in their power to cut employee cost now....cause once the profit comes back...their legs will be cut out from underneath them....

And the bottom line is....NWA wants the unions out...not just AMFA....the next in line is the IAM....and they will go after THEM with a VEN-GENCE once they've disposed of AMFA....NWA will not be happy until they have EVERYONE in their company working 3 jobs with no bennies...This is one SERIOUSLY ugly and evil company....It HATES it's employees....Why do you think those NWA is so AGRESSIVLY pushing/FORCING the customers to use those SSD (Self Service Checki-in Devices) machines that are out front of the ticket counters...Those Customer Service Agents are the NEXT ones out the door....And I've TALKED with the customers that use them....and 90% of them absolutly HATE them...but according to NWA polls...whey the customers just LOVE them :)

And of course...according to NWA...all the flights are running "On Time" also :)

us45366 said:
This is no rant...just a question....if NWA is willing to replace it's "overpaid" and "lazy" union workers....what's gonna stop them from replaceing YOU in a couple of years with other "lower-paid" green card workers that will work for less than you do now ???

Agreed.

However, I believe your time span is overly optimistic--it will be sooner than a couple of years. And many of them will not even have green cards.

Saw it all at Continental.

Kind of wish the other unions, particulary the IAM would wake up!!!! When they bust AMFA who do you think is next? I believe they will not need 18 months planning to replace the ramp, and I'm sure the other unions on the property will support them..........Unfortunately the IAM leaders really believe the will be able to keep these jobs?

I agree with you whole-heartedly about wanting the IAM to step up to the plate with this AMFA thing....I used to work in the auto industry (in the 70's).....and I watched how GM would pit one union and one employee group against each other....that's called "Divide and Conquer"....You're so busy bashing EACH other and GLOATING over the others groups failures that you end up taking your eyes off the real culprit..THE COMPANY ! They teach that in "Management School 101 :)"......I know that the IAM just has to be GLOATING about the AMFA people going down the tubes...(that's a typical 10 year old mentality)...and that's to bad....because ALL unions should support each other...if the IAM had refused to cross the picket lines, this strike would have been over in a heartbeat...THEEEEN the AMFA union could have backed the IAM when it was their turn "in the box"...

But that's "water under the bridge" huh....Sometime in the future, the IAM will NEED the AMFA power...because it DOESN'T take much training to replace "rampers" (ie: just see what happened to the AS rampers in SEA)...and NWA is already setting the stage to get rid of the CSA's (ie: Self Serv. Checkin Machines)......So THAT is when the AMFA people could have HELPED the IAM...

So...the IAM...by NOT supporting AMFA just cut it's OWN throat when it's finally THEIR turn "in the box".....

There's alot of truth in the adage "You fight as a group or you die a lonely death".....

us45366 said:
....or someone from "south of the border" will be up here replacing "YOU" when "YOU" become the so-called "high-paid lazy workers"......

[post="292868"][/post]​

If you bring them up here you have to pay them much more then if you sent the work down there.

PRINCESS KIDAGAKASH Yesterday, 07:41 PM Post #3
Group: Registered Member
Member No.: 2,790

KTO, when NWA annouces major losses due to lost passengers alive or dead because of substandard Scab maintenance performed by you and your pot smoking,cocaine snorting,heroin shooting,booze drinking,pill popping scab buddies, your experiment will show just what a loser,failure you are.

Princess I’m sorry to say that USAviation.com has terminated our little experiment. I guess we need to look into that.

Did you read the paper yesterday? Check out USA Today section B front page. "Northwest considers making temp workers permanent" Just think we could be co-workers! Do you think it is really weird how everything that I have predicted in this forum has come to pass?

About all the drugs you claim we all use. Well at the rate we are whipping AMFA mechanics on work performed per man-hour. Maybe the FAA should lighten up on its drug policy. You know after all they are swarming all over Northwest and everyone of us has been drug tested and we all hold A&P certificates and we all get 10 year back ground checks done. Well the way I see it according to you the FAA and NTSB and all the contract companies have a 100% failure rate at keeping us druggies from working on aircraft. So all this testing and checking is a total waste of money. Just a thought. What do you think?

well KTO I am not sure how you could obtain a mechanics license in just an 18 month period as NWA has said they were training you and your scabs to do the job a mechanic on strike has done for 18 plus/minus yrs.
all i know is that I wont fly NWA at anytime since the real mechanics who went on strike are not working planes. I trust them more.

robbedagain said:
rob that is a serious misconception that AMFA has put out there. Our "training" was simply General Familiarization courses. Every new employ has to have these courses. If I left right now to go work for another company I would have to take their Gen-Fam courses also. I have been a FAA certified A&P since 1994. Most of the mechanics here are from Eastern and United they also had to go thru the training. It is a company mandate for every one. AMFA's propaganda machine makes it sound like Northwest grabbed a bunch of homeless guys off the street threw them in a class and said go work on aircraft. I promise you that is not the case.

robbedagain said:
ok  does it take two yrs to go thru the course just to get the A&P mechanics license?
[post="293168"][/post]​

I went to an A&P school in Texas that took 20 months. You can also get it through on the job training and have someone sign you off to take the test to get your license. Also on the job training in the military can go towards getting your license. The test consists of 3 parts: a written test, oral test, and a practical test. There is no way that anyone is going to get certified in 3 months.

Keep in mind Northwest might have been planning this for 18 months but they didn't implement it until June of this year.

us45366 said:
This is no rant...just a question....if NWA is willing to replace it's "overpaid" and "lazy" union workers....what's gonna stop them from replaceing YOU in a couple of years with other "lower-paid" green card workers that will work for less than you do now ???

THAT is why there NEEDS to be unions....cause crappy little evil companies like NWA will ALWAYS be looking to fatten the "fat-cats" wallets at YOUR/OUR expense. There is ALWAYS someone at the bottom looking to replace you at lower wages...What good is replaceing workers if YOU'RE just gonna be replaced a few years down the road ????? What kind of life is that for you...or ANY of us... Unions provide continuity....
....BUT NWA (and all companies like it) are a REALITY !!! And the only way to fight fire is with fire....and like them or not...strong "unified" unions are the ONLY way to do that....
[post="292868"][/post]​
until something in excess of the paltry 12% unionized members of our population decide unionism is neccesary,you're beating a dead horse.
even the 12% membership,of that group i bet if you look into it is only 2% that are really active.
how many attend your meetings and functions? have to offer free sex to up attendance??
everyone always too busy to try and control their future and prosperity collectively?
but they always have all the time in the world to #### about how the union has done nothing for them....
how right they are....they are the union. ;)

" Our "training" was simply General Familiarization courses. Every new employ has to have these courses. If I left right now to go work for another company I would have to take their Gen-Fam courses also. I have been a FAA certified A&P since 1994. Most of the mechanics here are from Eastern [/font]and United .........."
odds,

Now there's a comforting thought ! A mechanic straight from Eastern, which tanked in 1991.......... MMmmmmmmmmmmm. What has he been doing all these years.......? Waiting to scab with you???????

SN