Inflight Handheld Computers

Because US airs all their dirty laundry in public; UA and AA less so; WN hardly at all.
Maybe it is because US/HP takes the dirty road to change, no instructions, no help, just, "well, you will learn it on the line".

I was personally introduced to the unit, practiced and the cheap, low budget unit allowed me to sell two cokes to someone in 199F. Think about it. US/HP has no such seat. It even demanded, at the end of the trip, that the FA give one dollar in change to a non-existent seat.

Great programming, right up there with their really crappy QIK and other interfaces. /snark off

This goes all the way to the corrupt top, considerations of kick-backs far outweigh practicality.

You guys are the biggest drama queens. Tears. PLEASE!! Turn it on, sync, do the bev service like before. Use for cc's and fudge the rest later. Ghostriders for this?! WHO CARES!! Get a life, people!

You guys are the biggest drama queens. Tears. PLEASE!! Turn it on, sync, do the bev service like before. Use for cc's and fudge the rest later. Ghostriders for this?! WHO CARES!! Get a life, people!
:lol: But Transatlantic flying is so... hard!

What we inventory is no different then what we have been doing all along, so I am missing the drama point on that part.

If you cannot get the Hand Held to work then the failure is on the company and not you, just fill out a form.

What we inventory is no different then what we have been doing all along, so I am missing the drama point on that part.

If you cannot get the Hand Held to work then the failure is on the company and not you, just fill out a form.

Thank you! Gives me something to do considering it takes all of 30 minutes to do the service on a t/c flt.

Some people just resist change for any reason. This is not unique to US Airways.

You can find fault with any new technology. Remember GE. RCA, and almost every major company in the USA rejected Chester Carlson's xerographic technology with statements like "Why do we need a machine to make copies", "We have Carbon Paper" etc etc. Well a little bitty company then called Haloid took on the development and in 1959 the worlds first plain paper copier debuted Today XEROX is a household word.

Looking at the above why would anyone be surprised over people complaining and looking for any way to discredit the HHD? The ones on Midwest and AA seem to work just fine.
And for the most part, they work just fine here.

And for the most part, they work just fine here.
Not working is not the issue.

It is the lousy roll-out we see time and again, from the same incompetent morons each time. Could we please fire those guys and, heck, I would suggest hiring a few on skid row that could likely do a better job.

Not working is not the issue.

It is the lousy roll-out we see time and again, from the same incompetent morons each time. Could we please fire those guys and, heck, I would suggest hiring a few on skid row that could likely do a better job.
I think the roll-out was fine. Im really not understanding all the "drama". These machines are easy to use. For the time being, I think I just wont comment on the "incompetent morons" comment used earlier in a previous post.

I think the roll-out was fine. Im really not understanding all the "drama". These machines are easy to use. For the time being, I think I just wont comment on the "incompetent morons" comment used earlier in a previous post.
Glad it works for you. I thought the interface was lousy, the information was presented in a very confusing and halfway manner and the "training" was marginal, at best. It reminds me of the QIK implementation, only an incompetent moron could even participate in such a rollout disaster.

Latest posts

Back