International Expansion for US Airways PHX Hub

Im from the East but if PHL can be marketed as an alternate international gateway for NYC/WAS/BOS then why cant PHX be an alternate for LAX and SFO? The name of the game is to FLY a plane as far as you can to produce yeild and there is not an aircraft available to US right now on a assembly line to go PHL or CLT to Tokyo!
I agree, PHX maybe the alternate to LAX and SFO. The problem also involves the expense that goes in creating an new International destiantion in and out of PHX, especially Tokyo. The city needs to step up to the plate and look towards the future. PHL is our Gateway to all the growth and competion for now. Our facilities in PHX for now are just not up to the par for more International presense. Just look at United, and why they still haven't created more International flying in and out of DEN..?

I agree, PHX maybe the alternate to LAX and SFO. The problem also involves the expense that goes in creating an new International destiantion in and out of PHX, especially Tokyo. The city needs to step up to the plate and look towards the future. PHL is our Gateway to all the growth and competion for now. Our facilities in PHX for now are just not up to the par for more International presense. Just look at United, and why they still haven't created more International flying in and out of DEN..?
Don’t know much about PHX connect there a few times. The facilities seams capable of a ramp up of international in long range flights. In addition weather and ATC seams to be a plus . O and D might the downfall.USAirway started a international HUB in FLL for central and south America. The facilities and man power was not in place to handle the flights. Very bad satiation all around.

Then how does Spirit do it JohnJohn?
Ben Baldanza learn for his mistakes he made at USAirways. Too much to fast with out proper planning with the local governments. He went to Sprit knowing what not and what to do. Maybe PineyBob can get in touch with Ben and get the story behind USAirway fall form FLL and Sprit somewhat success at FLL.There was inadequate customs space and personnel and transfer points at FLL.. FLL was not built with those things in mind, inter structure was improve for Sprit. The layers of governments move slowly sprit work them out US did not

If US does build up PHX as an international gateway, the drones in IT must be trained not to program 35-minute connections!

If US does build up PHX as an international gateway, the drones in IT must be trained not to program 35-minute connections!

Marketing makes the minimum conx times. 25 minutes express to mainline in PHX is a joke. No way to deplane, get your gate valet bag and trek from B28 to A28 in 15 minutes. (we shut the door at -10)

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I do reach out to BBB every now and again, however I doubt he would share anything we don't already know or could easily find out. The last thing he shared with me I can't repeat.

Also N. Bruce Ashby had a great deal to do with FLL being built up as well. It wasn't only BBB. In some ways FLL was a successful failure, meaning that while FLL failed as a mini hub, the expansion to the Carribean markets and now South America has been successful.

I was told that Spirit is in the same term. as customs....U was not. U had to park on the Sprit concourse....pax had to deplane go through customs..... and walk over to the U terminal while the plane was towed over to the U gates. INSANITY....AND DOOMED FROM THE START!!!

Back