International Expansion for US Airways PHX Hub

I wouldn't make any firm plans based on fleet projections for 2017. In US-years, that's a lifetime. Or more.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: And if i had 100 bucks for everytime US planned and/or promised something i'd seriously be a millionaire...long time ago. US new tag line " A Day Late and A Dollar Short ". NEVER, EVER believe anything they promise - they rarely deliver!
yup!

You're probably talking about average fare per passenger which is obviously higher for PHL. For pure O & D (2008) numbers PHL is way down the list, #16 @ 17.3 million pax. PHX was #7 @ 23.2 million. LAS was #1, CLT isn't even on the list of the top 30 airports.
Well it seems that US can't charge the fares they want to make LAS profitable so I dont' think it really matters. LAS is a vacation market. Always has been and most likely always will be. At least this is US's thinking.

I can get $89-99 fares to LAS or PHX anytime. What's the AVG fare/ CSM PHX vs PHL? LAS is #1 and US is downsizing that.
Average domestic fare 4th quarter 2008...PHL $186, PHX $182. Yield for domestic flights was 0.1 cents higher for PHL.

Jim

Isn't there like 2 or 3 brand new A340-500's that were supposed to go to Kingfisher just sitting in Toulouse waiting on a new owner? Why not try making a deal with Airbus for those?

Isn't there like 2 or 3 brand new A340-500's that were supposed to go to Kingfisher just sitting in Toulouse waiting on a new owner? Why not try making a deal with Airbus for those?

I think one is spoken for. The problem is unless you are committing to having that aircraft long term its expensive just to bring one or two aircraft on site. Spare parts, training, etc. I know there is alot of commonality between the 330/340 fleets - however just by design there have to be some different parts - landing gears, etc.

With that said - I really wish we had a the money to bring them on and start the PEK and NRT from PHL. It would be great to have PHX and PHL going to NRT. Lots of good connecting traffic in NRT to SIN/BKK etc.

One is going to the Government on Tunisia the other two are rumored to be going to VIPs but nothing solid on that yet.

Actually Airways did firm up on the E190 order (took all 25, and now they sound like they are going to sell them).

I wish there was a way, but I remember Wolf ordering HUNDREDS of A319/A320/A321s, and I thought that the company had 50 EMB 170's on order, but only took delivery of 28.

Can airbus get the A350 (a330 ripoff) off the drawing board first please? :rolleyes: I wouldn't count ANYTHING you see regarding that bird. As for knowing what to do with "all that lift". Well there are just so many ways to run with that. I haven't had my second cup of coffee yet so I'll be nice. :lol:

The design was finalized last year. It will have better range and payload capability than the 787. Based on what I've seen so far, the only thing the 350 shares with the 330 is relative size. It even has a dandy flight attendant rest area built in. Also, the cockpit design shares much of the 380 improvements and technology.

To be fair, it did start life as a 330 knockoff, but went through a near total redesign at the request of the potential customers. Slots for the aircraft are highly coveted right now.

Driver B)

The design was finalized last year. It will have better range and payload capability than the 787. Based on what I've seen so far, the only thing the 350 shares with the 330 is relative size. It even has a dandy flight attendant rest area built in. Also, the cockpit design shares much of the 380 improvements and technology.

To be fair, it did start life as a 330 knockoff, but went through a near total redesign at the request of the potential customers. Slots for the aircraft are highly coveted right now.

Driver B)
DO you have a Link to the 350 new design, or website where you got the info from? Thx. I hope PHX sees some Transatlantic service soon, and hope the PHX crews are trained appropiately to fly these routes. :up:

PHL-NRT would make more sense than PHX NRT, but than again the brains in the golden cactus in Tempe are not know for making sense in their decisions.....great example CLT HNL yeah that will make money.....looked at it for dec-jan booked to nothing and yet QIK shows all classes of service zero out and only full Y or F available for purchase at over $1800 bucks, sure everyone lining up to buy those seats...also 3rd longest flight for company after TLV and GIG(if it ever starts) and yet we doing inflight cafe on it....I'm sure we will have bout 10 meals available to sell and everyone else can suck some ice cubes for 11 hours

Im from the East but if PHL can be marketed as an alternate international gateway for NYC/WAS/BOS then why cant PHX be an alternate for LAX and SFO? The name of the game is to FLY a plane as far as you can to produce yeild and there is not an aircraft available to US right now on a assembly line to go PHL or CLT to Tokyo!

Actually there are two white tail A340-300s in France that were suppose to be for Kingfisher but they did not take delivery of them.

Back