International Shannon

Status
Not open for further replies.
294hyrr.jpg

OMG!! HOW DARE YOU TAINT MY WORLD BUSINESS CLASS WITH YOUR ECONOMY RIFF RAFF!!!!
BE GONE!!!!!
:ph34r:

Last night at Wendy's took forever. I dont know if it just got worse, isn't the same, or I am just getting whinier. I really would like to have a nice day that includes being silly again.
This is kind of why I post here. I really don't know why you all read it though.

I decided to keep the silly here and the reality somewhere else. I get a lot of support through people I have met here, and I think it's great. :) I love meeting new people.

The nasty truth of my "right now" is not funny and not suitable to post here. So in an effort to find my funnybone again, I've started a blog, separate from this, and if you really want to know what is going on, you can click it.

If I can keep all that junk out of here, then maybe I can have fun with this again. I'm not trying to be cocky and assume that people give a crap enough to follow what is REALLY going on, but I got so many nice messages while I was sick that since they reached out to me, I'll reach back.

I really do get a kick out of making people laugh on here. It is beyond me why this dorky thread gets so many hits but it's fun and it helps me.

If you want me to keep it up, I will :)

PS,Someone who is not me says MBJ was oversold by 50 yesterday. 50. Seriosly, is Hedonism really ALL THAT? Cuz all the fat sunburnt rednecks and sloppy people i see returning lead me to believe otherwise.Ew.

I Love You All The Way To The Moon

I decided to keep the silly here and the reality somewhere else.

Hi Shannon,

I've followed this thread and wanted to say something at various times but never quite knew what I could contribute that would be positive or constructive to you as you deal with your issues. So I kept quiet and silently wished you well and hoped there would be a positive outcome for you.

I do care about people and it is troublesome to think of someone in so much pain. It's obvious that your pain is very deep and it's a demon you battle each day. I'm sorry you are hurting.

Bottom line, ** is a classicly dysfunctional company, where people come in bright and eager, excited and happy, and get broken by the negativity, constant insecurity and worry about one's employment future, idiotic "management" that can't manage a damn thing except kissing the butt of those above them in the hierarchy. It's a joke, but the joke is on the troops that stayed... now working at 1987 or worse pay scales, vacation looted, pensions gone or slashed. This is Bizarro World... little fiefdoms of power ruled by incompetent insecure weaklings threatened by competence and intelligence. New ideas and fresh thinking... not welcome.

If one is prone to depression, working at ** only increases the likelihood of one spiraling downward into that dark hell of hopelessness and despair. The healthiest thing would probably to go to a different line of work, working in the 'real world' as opposed to this distorted drama acted out 24/7 for years on end. Your service at ** is not appreciated nor will you be valued, coached, encouraged, or mentored. You will be exploited as much as possible, jerked around on a whim, treated like an enemy rather than an asset, and psychologically battered.

Life is too short, too precious, and too fragile to tolerate this.

On the other hand, sometimes our circumstances, obligations, and responsibilities don't permit a "take this job and shove it" response, as much as one would like too... especially in these uneasy economic times. Most of us are biting our lip and feeling grateful to have any job, and any benefits when economic reality intrudes into our lives.

So to survive, we cope the best we can. You're being hit with the triple whammy right now... health, spouse, financial. The stress and anxiety you feel is certainly understandable. Sometimes, life sucks... but it usually beats the alternative. :unsure:

I hope you can take some comfort that people you have never met and never will, do care. There are a lot of kind, compassionate, and decent folks, mixed in with the super size serving of a**holes! :shock:

It's obvious from your blogging and posts on here, you are intelligent, witty, irreverent, decent, and sensitive. Don't let the bastards get you... be good to yourself as much as you are able to, one step at a time, one day or one hour at a time... give the little girl in you the love, compassion, unconditional acceptance and nurturing you need. Forgive yourself for all your screwups... forgiveness, of oneself and others who have wronged you, is an incredible healing device. No one is perfect, most of us are screwups in one aspect or another, some just hide it better than others. :blink:

You'll be on my mind and many others on here also. You can get through this.

Take care,

D

Wow, Shan (can I call you Shan?)....... I'll admit, I started reading your thread because of the humor, and the way you characterize your thoughts with regard to your job. It's good reading! But, of course, not knowing you personally, I didn't know (until reading your blog) that you were going through such difficult times inside. See, your posts make you appear to have it all under control, but of course, these are just forum posts, and in the end we are all just people.....

So, in the spirit of what Dilligas said, lean on whomever you can, and never allow yourself to believe that you're alone in the world. Somehow you were able to put together this cultish following.... and the odds are that most don't really give a rats a$$ about the drive thru. We care about what you have to say... and we like how you make it funny and entertaining, and then you become a real person in the eyes of the other readers. In fact, we could totally make a reality show about your job. You could be the prize at the end... :D Ok, maybe not, that's sketchy...... I'm just trying to keep it light.

Keep at it..... and keep your head up.

Like just about everybody else, I’ve had people close to me that have had to deal with personal problems in their life. I’m not an expert at handing out advice, a therapist, etc. so all I can do is listen. But in a way I think that’s one of the most helpful things anyone can do. Shannon, we’re glad we can be here for you, even if we’re just a bunch of goofballs on teh interwebz.

*w*

*w*

Hahaha....I love it!!

I am very appreciative of the nice things that were said. I love it when people come up at work and they see me and they figure it out and then they tell me I'm funny.

Work is the only place where I could leave everything at home, literally and watched all the insanity that had nothing to do with me unfold. And enjoy it.

Work is somewhere where someone can come up to me all pissed off and I can do something small to make a difference.

I for some stupid reason enjoy myself there and here on this forum where I can relax in my own weirdness and get safe, positive feedback.

There is a double edged sword to all of that though, no one ever really gets to know you, and when it gets out of control, there really isn't anyone close enough to fully disclose to because you shock the sh*t out of them. haha.

I had a good night last night.

A bun truck attendant wanted one of these flower pens I've been making that have made their way all over the system. She offered two cheesecakes off the bun truck for one daisy pen. DEAL.

I'm starting to be able to throw those things down the hatch faster though, so if I ever were about to get caught, I have less of a chance of being seen. They're huge slices and bonus strawberry. I think my record is like two minutes now, with no evidence.

LOL.

Today I blogged about Pancakes and Publisher's Clearing House!

Hi Shannon,

Life is too short, too precious, and too fragile to tolerate this.

On the other hand, sometimes our circumstances, obligations, and responsibilities don't permit a "take this job and shove it" response, as much as one would like too... especially in these uneasy economic times. Most of us are biting our lip and feeling grateful to have any job, and any benefits when economic reality intrudes into our lives.

So to survive, we cope the best we can. You're being hit with the triple whammy right now... health, spouse, financial. The stress and anxiety you feel is certainly understandable. Sometimes, life sucks... but it usually beats the alternative. :unsure:

I hope you can take some comfort that people you have never met and never will, do care. There are a lot of kind, compassionate, and decent folks, mixed in with the super size serving of a**holes! :shock:

It's obvious from your blogging and posts on here, you are intelligent, witty, irreverent, decent, and sensitive. Don't let the bastards get you... be good to yourself as much as you are able to, one step at a time, one day or one hour at a time... give the little girl in you the love, compassion, unconditional acceptance and nurturing you need. Forgive yourself for all your screwups... forgiveness, of oneself and others who have wronged you, is an incredible healing device. No one is perfect, most of us are screwups in one aspect or another, some just hide it better than others. :blink:

You'll be on my mind and many others on here also. You can get through this.

Take care,

D

Love this post. You are truly inspirational and your posts are always so well balanced.

Luv,
T.

Oh my goodness this lightning storm is insane!! I am so glad I'm not at the number two window tonight.

I too went to your blog and read it. Shannon, you are in incredible woman. The reason people read what you write is because underneath it all, you tell the truth. About your job at **'s and life. You do it with high humor or melancholy and everything in between. You can make a girl cry and yes I am one of those too; a girl who cries. You made this one laugh out loud at her computer screen too. You have a depth and breadth to you that is seldom seen and a courage that won't quit even though at times you probably don't think that's so.

I pray for you lots, like every time I do that. I haven't met anyone like you in any venue. You have helped me through some ruff times too. Bet'cha didn't know that, did'ja?

By now I hope the lightning is gone.

UU <------------yup, they're mine alright. Everybody! Stand back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back