INVOL East F/A's Accepting AWA Training Class

Jan 16, 2006
Visit site
I called East Inflight Admin, and per Thema (she's very helpful) they have received 149 bid forms for AWA f/a positions. Roughly half of the bids submitted were "pass/permanent pass"; 45 for the March class(es); 3 for the June class, and the rest for the April class. I will call tomorrow (Monday, Jan 30) to see if I can get another count for this thread. Hope this helps! REMEMBER, BIDS ARE DUE AT NOON EST Monday, Jan 30! :up:

I called East Inflight Admin, and per Thema (she's very helpful) they have received 149 bid forms for AWA f/a positions. Roughly half of the bids submitted were "pass/permanent pass"; 45 for the March class(es); 3 for the June class, and the rest for the April class. I will call tomorrow (Monday, Jan 30) to see if I can get another count for this thread. Hope this helps! REMEMBER, BIDS ARE DUE AT NOON EST Monday, Jan 30! :up:
also you can go on the hub and check to see if they have recieved your bid as well, FYI

also you can go on the hub and check to see if they have recieved your bid as well, FYI

I used theHub to verify, but I kept getting the message "employee number not found"...I even tried it with the "0" before my emp #. I am not sure what's up with that, but they got my fax.

Also, I was pondering this thought, and wondering what others think...

The company has to give the invols two chances to bid an AWA class. Since the first bid form mailed out within a week of the bids being due, do you think another round will come out soon? I feel another bid may come out late Feb or mid-March, that way the company would be able to start hiring off the street again. The June class could be a mix of "true new hires" and East invols together.

Also, was there a class scheduled or postponed at AWA around the merger announcement?? I heard there was, but it was cancelled.

FYI....

The number for the America West "ooportunity" are as follows:

1684 Invol Letters sent out
386 responded

March...37 accepted
April...27 accepted
June...12 accepted

310...passed/permanently passed.

Also, the deadline to submit for this opportunity has been extended until 2/2 at noon.

Also....The company will not require that the vol.fur's. have to buy there luggage. They can use the mainline luggage

That's the best new I've heard all day :shock:

Thanks for posting! and as figured, it's not too promising and they'll be getting their "off-the-street" new hires!
Well just think of "off the street" people as cushion. My question is this, will there be 2 classes in March. I thought I saw that somewhere but no one seems to know.

Well just think of "off the street" people as cushion. My question is this, will there be 2 classes in March. I thought I saw that somewhere but no one seems to know.

They pushed the original March class back a week from March 6th. Now the classes start 3/13 and 3/20.