INVOL East F/A's Accepting AWA Training Class

Well just think of "off the street" people as cushion. My question is this, will there be 2 classes in March. I thought I saw that somewhere but no one seems to know.
They pushed the original March class back a week from March 6th. Now the classes start 3/13 and 3/20.
So how many people per class then? and when are they going to notify people?

I think they can do 30 or 35 per class. I would guess they will start calling next week since the deadline is on Thursday.

They are having 50 per class. Interviews for "off the street" hiring begin on 2/1. There are also a group of trainees that were hired previously, and then the class was cancelled. All of those folks will be slotted into classes as well.

They will be on another seniority list right? That's what I've gleaned.

Yes, the ones who were previously hired and then were in a cancelled class will have more seniority than the March folks.

They will be on another seniority list right? That's what I've gleaned.
Yes, the ones who were previously hired and then were in a cancelled class will have more seniority than the March folks.

Run that one by me again? they'll have more seniority than the East invol new hires?

It doesn't make sense because the East will go by their own seniority why should new hires be more senior?

will be treated as junior to all flight attendants who are currently on the America West seniority list, but flight attendants on the US Airways seniority list employed by America West under these terms will be ranked among themselves in their order on the US Airways seniority list;

Example: A US Airways flight attendant with a seniority date of June 1, 2001 begins America West training on March 1, 2006. A US Airways flight attendant with a seniority date of June 1, 1999 begins America West training on July 1, 2006. The flight attendant with the 1999 US Airways seniority date will appear higher on the America West seniority list than the flight attendant with the 2001 seniority date.

In addition, though they were asked to attend training they actually did NOT attend training therefore, their seniority (if it goes this way) it should go with their training date (when they pass IOE, not when they get hired!)

I don't think people should start to worry about seniority yet. Most of the MDA folks are 99, 00, and 01 hires and I've been told they will regain their seniority once the integration is complete... most of the people I know going to AWA in March (6 that I know of) have all said they will transfer back east as soon as they can...

Yeah I was supposed to be in that canceled class and am looking forward to finally training and flying with ya'all. My VERY first flight ever at one month old was on Allegheny Airlines and my mum kept the napkin and little bid they gave me.....cannot wait to fly with US.

I don't think people should start to worry about seniority yet. Most of the MDA folks are 99, 00, and 01 hires and I've been told they will regain their seniority once the integration is complete... most of the people I know going to AWA in March (6 that I know of) have all said they will transfer back east as soon as they can...

I agree. Not all of the invols are MDA, only about 250 out of 1684 came over. They have about 197 left now until they close in May. But you are correct that our invols have seniority dates ranging from September 1999 through June 2001.

One thing to remember: Once the integration is complete, a US invol will regain their US seniority while in PHX only if they are recalled back to US East while at AWA. Otherwise, they will remain below AWA f/a's until their seniority is reached for recall at East.

I believe this poster is talking about AWA WEST. Not MAA and East. I'm not concerned with them.

It is the folks that were invited to training prior to the merger (West Side) and then their class was canceled. they will be first priority for invites "off-the-street". THATs my concern.

This is the way "I" understand the quote, and my reasoning for posting my reply.

It doesn't make sense because the East will go by their own seniority why should new hires be more senior?
Because they don't have AWA seniority. The furloughed USEast FAs going to USWest will be paid based on their US seniority, but will bid for jobs based on their new AWA seniority - until the date at which they would have been recalled to USEast, at which point their USEast seniority applies to job bidding.

Confusing? Hell yes :blink:

Welcome Aboard or Welcome Back, which ever applies!

:D

It will be so nice to see the new faces! Things have changed *a lot* so don't be discouraged. Remember that most jobs are what you make of them.

Time really flies in this industry and before you know it, you'll feel like you've been doing it forever! :lol:

Looking forward to seeing you all!

Dea

PS: Does anyone know what happened to LightYears?