INVOL East F/A's Accepting AWA Training Class

Because they don't have AWA seniority. The furloughed USEast FAs going to USWest will be paid based on their US seniority, but will bid for jobs based on their new AWA seniority - until the date at which they would have been recalled to USEast, at which point their USEast seniority applies to job bidding.

Confusing? Hell yes :blink:

There will be three different seniority lists at AWA until integration: 1)Current AWA f/a's; 2)US invols; 3)New hires from off the street.

Now if those people who were in a class at AWA but got cancelled, seeing how they did not have a seniority date yet (since AWA does not go by first day of training for seniority) then they would probably go on the thrid list...to me that does not seem very fair to them, but this whole thing isn't very fair for a lot of people.

I believe this poster is talking about AWA WEST. Not MAA and East. I'm not concerned with them.

It is the folks that were invited to training prior to the merger (West Side) and then their class was canceled. they will be first priority for invites "off-the-street". THATs my concern.

This is the way "I" understand the quote, and my reasoning for posting my reply.

Furloughed4Now,
Yes, you interpreted it correctly. Also, there will be 3 classes each, now in March and April. March 13, 20th, and 27th, and April 3, 17th and 24th. Just heard this news.

I believe this poster is talking about AWA WEST. Not MAA and East. I'm not concerned with them.

It is the folks that were invited to training prior to the merger (West Side) and then their class was canceled. they will be first priority for invites "off-the-street". THATs my concern.

This is the way "I" understand the quote, and my reasoning for posting my reply.
Furloughed4Now,
Yes, you interpreted it correctly. Also, there will be 3 classes each, now in March and April. March 13, 20th, and 27th, and April 3, 17th and 24th. Just heard this news.

Correct, thank you! I'm awaiting June classes! :up:

Furloughed4Now,
Ok, so the people that were in class when it cancelled will be senior? or junior? (for now) to the invols? This is weird, if they never graduated then they never had a seniority date! Who gets first dibs at classes? Invols or the people from the cancelled classes? Just wondering, this kind of threw a spoon into the mix. Also what happened to the June class? Are they still having it?

The way I see it (and I trust others will also) is that the any 'off-the-street' new hire going into training, March, April or June, irrespective of when they were asked to to train will be JUNIOR, to those invols.

If I am wrong, please correct with fact and source. Tanx! :up:

The way I see it (and I trust others will also) is that the any 'off-the-street' new hire going into training, March, April or June, irrespective of when they were asked to to train will be JUNIOR, to those invols.

If I am wrong, please correct with fact and source. Tanx! :up:
WITHOUT Question...........anyone hired off the street should fall below ANY recalls. If Inflight & HR screw this up they will prove they have SH*T for brains!

Sorry but I got scared with this reply! :shock: :shock:
Those of You being recalled have alot of concerns and rightfully so. The "Deal" presented to the invols is not a great situation and I really wonder if you couldn't do better for yourself by checking out UAL or CO since both are hiring. The "U" you may have fond memories of from the past is N-O-T-H-I-N-G what it is today....and don't let ANY of these koolaid drinking Optimists tell you otherwise. LOTS of QUESTIONS and NO ONE WILLING TO GIVE ANSWERS.

"Sorry but I got scared with this reply! :shock: :shock:"

Let me give an example...that may work best.
Lets say 3 "off the street" people get into the March class and 3 involuntary furloughees get into the march class. All six of them start out at the bottom, for bidding purposes only. If the Invols had 3 years flying time before furloughed, then they go over to America West at the 3 year pay slot, on Americas Wests pay scale. The other 3 would be at the bottom of the pay scale as a new hire. But you would all have the same seniority date, and then individual seniority goes by the last digits of your social.

Lets say 3 "off the street" people get into the March class and 3 involuntary furloughees get into the march class. All six of them start out at the bottom, for bidding purposes only. If the Invols had 3 years flying time before furloughed, then they go over to America West at the 3 year pay slot, on Americas Wests pay scale. The other 3 would be at the bottom of the pay scale as a new hire. But you would all have the same seniority date, and then individual seniority goes by the last digits of your social.

BETTER READ THE NEW UPDATE SENORITY NOT BY SOCIAL NUMBER

don't let ANY of these koolaid drinking Optimists tell you otherwise.

Please be careful with your choices of words, but I'm not going to take this personally. I hope you are not calling me kool aid drinker because of my screenname. I am an active Union volunteer and also belong to the Employee Assistance Program for the Union. Just because we care about the future of the airline and optimistic about the merger does not make us cool aid drinkers.

Respectully,

Optimistic Non-kool aid drinker. :p

I don't think that is entirely correct...everything looks good except the seniority date issue. ANYONE that is hired "off the street" will be on a third seniority list that is junior to East invols, regardless of when either start. So if an "off the street" person starts in March, and an East invol starts in June, for bidding purposes, the East invol will be more senior. I am almost positive this is in the language of the T/A.

Also, what's up with going by last four of social to determine class seniority? :huh: Did you guys not go by birthday?

Also, what's up with going by last four of social to determine class seniority? Did you guys not go by birthday?

East did birthday. Please NOT social! mine begins with an 8!!!!

I think we all need to get back to the TA and re-read it. WE need to find where it states there wil be (for now) 3 seniority lists! (I feel sorry for the schedulers)

east moved to soc. sec. in the early 90's because dob became a "age" thing. We had to be politically correct.