Is this the right time......

zflygrl

Advanced
Oct 7, 2005
It seems that Delta is on the hunt and has made it quite obvious that they will be the buyer not the seller so let’s look at the history here. Delta and NWA once talked but neither airline would give up their name so that looks like it would be a no go. United would NEVER give up their name so the field is dwindling. AA…NO CAL…NO. Wow the field is getting smaller…US Airlines…Mmmm. Let’s talk about this possibility…The CEO is about done with all the problems between the work groups…True. He has already started to cut some of the east coast bases down…(maybe as a payback for the behavior of the east coast employees) this is a Franke move and one he would have made. He and most of the folks at the top have already made one hell of a killing with this merger….True. So….what if this happened….would it be a bad deal…maybe not…DAL hates US airlines…(east) Who knows if they would have a problem with the west employees? But there could be a problem…the east employees in all their wisdom have decided to change unions. DAL is ALPA….so if this did come to pass would that mean the USA pilots would be stapled to the bottom of the seniority list. (Remember this is all supposition…fantasy on the wing shall we say) But if the NMB where to say “you are two work groupsâ€â€¦so you can have two unions representing each work group…would that make a difference for the west pilots if they were allowed to stay ALPA….? Maybe…..Maybe not….but it is something to think about. Is this the right time to be changing unions? Does it really matter where you are on the new seniority list...as long as you have a job? There are some many Americans right now without jobs…they are losing their homes….their lives are being turned upside down. We have American men and women dying in a war....and it seem that all you east coast pilots are worried about is a number…after all if this merger had not happened you would all be out looking for jobs.

Maybe instead of picketing and trying to change your union you should all be gathering in front of the USA headquarters and praying…after all you can’t fight God. :up:

It seems that Delta is on the hunt and has made it quite obvious that they will be the buyer not the seller so let’s look at the history here. Delta and NWA once talked but neither airline would give up their name so that looks like it would be a no go. United would NEVER give up their name so the field is dwindling. AA…NO CAL…NO. Wow the field is getting smaller…US Airlines…Mmmm. Let’s talk about this possibility…The CEO is about done with all the problems between the work groups…True. He has already started to cut some of the east coast bases down…(maybe as a payback for the behavior of the east coast employees) this is a Franke move and one he would have made. He and most of the folks at the top have already made one hell of a killing with this merger….True. So….what if this happened….would it be a bad deal…maybe not…DAL hates US airlines…(east) Who knows if they would have a problem with the west employees? But there could be a problem…the east employees in all their wisdom have decided to change unions. DAL is ALPA….so if this did come to pass would that mean the USA pilots would be stapled to the bottom of the seniority list. (Remember this is all supposition…fantasy on the wing shall we say) But if the NMB where to say “you are two work groupsâ€â€¦so you can have two unions representing each work group…would that make a difference for the west pilots if they were allowed to stay ALPA….? Maybe…..Maybe not….but it is something to think about. Is this the right time to be changing unions? Does it really matter where you are on the new seniority list...as long as you have a job? There are some many Americans right now without jobs…they are losing their homes….their lives are being turned upside down. We have American men and women dying in a war....and it seem that all you east coast pilots are worried about is a number…after all if this merger had not happened you would all be out looking for jobs.

Maybe instead of picketing and trying to change your union you should all be gathering in front of the USA headquarters and praying…after all you can’t fight God. :up:

Wow! Time for an intervention.

What does "God" have to do with anything? If "God" exists, why would that entity even think to involve itself with an airline merger?
and for what reason would a despicable peon come up with to justify such an intervention?

Speaking of interventions, you are up next.

If the rumor board is correct, and Dougie is in ORD, and last week Dougie and Scottie were in BOS trying to raise some cash,(not a rumor, I saw them here) than maybe the DL rumors are just DL trying to raise the price for US/UA.

Yeah but you gotta have high yield customers and many are either gone or going.

Do you have hard facts to support your claim and not just some ancedotal evidence? I fly US every week, multiple flights a week, and see flights full of CPs, paid F pax, high Y fare pax, etc. So I tend to think your statement is a little "loaded".

Do you have hard facts to support your claim and not just some ancedotal evidence? I fly US every week, multiple flights a week, and see flights full of CPs, paid F pax, high Y fare pax, etc. So I tend to think your statement is a little "loaded".

Oh please. Your first post and you know everything. How would you know as a pax that the plane is full of CP's, it has paid F pax, and high Y fare pax....I tend to think your post is BS.

Oh please. Your first post and you know everything. How would you know as a pax that the plane is full of CP's, it has paid F pax, and high Y fare pax....I tend to think your post is BS.

It may be my first post but yet I've been lurking around here for a while. I fly all the time on US (200+ flights YTD), know many people with US, know a lot about what goes on at US so I considering myself quite knowledgable about the airline. Plus I've seen many a manifests/reports that flight attendants use and customer service agents use and have been able to see who all is on a flight, FF statuses, booking classes (which can tell you if its a "higher" fare or not). Additionally, I didnt say I know everything and would never say that. Nobody can ever know "everything".

Plus for somebody who has obviously done her share of posting on this site, I'd think you'd be a little more respectful of others thoughts and opinions. Calling my post BS is a out of line.

Um yeah, I have kind of a couple of nagging questions here??? 1.What kind of drugs do you take? 2.Who said the CEO is about done with all of the work groups? I think you maybe backwards on that because if I recall all of the workgroups are about done with the CEO. 3. What payback do you speak of in reducing East coast bases? The pulldown in PIT started with "Our Friend Dave" and "Our friend The Drunk" had to finish off what was started years before and as a side note all of that flying that was "pulled down" was moved to other bases. Now for the biggest question of the night.............. WHO THE HELL IS US AIRLINES?????????????? I think you lost all credibility in the first sentence when you called it US AIRLINES.

It may be my first post but yet I've been lurking around here for a while. I fly all the time on US (200+ flights YTD), know many people with US, know a lot about what goes on at US so I considering myself quite knowledgable about the airline. Plus I've seen many a manifests/reports that flight attendants use and customer service agents use and have been able to see who all is on a flight, FF statuses, booking classes (which can tell you if its a "higher" fare or not). Additionally, I didnt say I know everything and would never say that. Nobody can ever know "everything".

Plus for somebody who has obviously done her share of posting on this site, I'd think you'd be a little more respectful of others thoughts and opinions. Calling my post BS is a out of line.

Your comments herein indicate you might be an employee of US, rather than a customer. There is plenty of anecdotal evidence of elites having left in droves--they have told us. Also, when silver preferreds are being upgraded on East 757's (which only have 8F seats), and other routes where upgrades have been impossible clear at window, that tells you something.

Yields on US are beginning to fall--and they will tell you there are more elites, but those are elites to whom status has been given away or earned by ways other than flying. The numbers for the 3rd quarter just begin to show the trend.....

You may fly on some heavy business routes but they are becoming less common, as anyone who HAS to be somewhere will fly anyone BUT US.

Until US realizes that employees and customers come BEFORE shareholders and management, the loss of high yield flyers will continue.

Welcome to US Aviation by the way.

I fly all the time on US (200+ flights YTD), know many people with US, know a lot about what goes on at US so I considering myself quite knowledgable about the airline.

Calling my post BS is a out of line.
Again, BS! We all know how protected the manifest is on West flights. Just ask HP FA. Is tempe recruiting posters for this board?

Your comments herein indicate you might be an employee of US, rather than a customer. There is plenty of anecdotal evidence of elites having left in droves--they have told us. Also, when silver preferreds are being upgraded on East 757's (which only have 8F seats), and other routes where upgrades have been impossible clear at window, that tells you something.

Yields on US are beginning to fall--and they will tell you there are more elites, but those are elites to whom status has been given away or earned by ways other than flying. The numbers for the 3rd quarter just begin to show the trend.....

You may fly on some heavy business routes but they are becoming less common, as anyone who HAS to be somewhere will fly anyone BUT US.

Until US realizes that employees and customers come BEFORE shareholders and management, the loss of high yield flyers will continue.

Welcome to US Aviation by the way.

First of all, thanks for the welcome. Its a much nicer greeting than I received from certain other people.

I fly so often on US that I might as well work for them. Half my life is spent on one of their planes. As I've mentioned before, if they didnt take care of me, I'd go to another airline. From where I live I have plenty of options and more options coming up often.

I am not one to "trust" ancedotal evidence as from my experience its very one sided. Show me some hard numbers and then we can talk. Until then, you are going to have two groups. The group that dislikes US Airways and is going to keep insisting that FFs and high yield customers are leaving in droves. Then you'll have the group that likes US Airways and will disagree with the first group. US Airways is not perfect but there are other airlines out there that are far worse than them.

Again, BS! We all know how protected the manifest is on West flights. Just ask HP FA. Is tempe recruiting posters for this board?

As I said in my last post, I dont work for US Airways, just fly them extremely often with most of those flights being West flights. In many cases, I probably see things I shouldnt be seeing, but I still see them so I have some knowledge as to whats going on.

And again, who do you think you are? Isnt there some sort of rule on this website that prohibits insulting and inflammatory posts? You have every right to disagree with me, but no right to be insulting and inflammatory. I find it funny that you do obviously disagree with me, but have yet to present your own opinion. All you've presented is BS.

Plus I've seen many a manifests/reports that flight attendants use and customer service agents use and have been able to see who all is on a flight, FF statuses, booking classes (which can tell you if its a "higher" fare or not).

Unless you are an employee I have difficulty believing this is true.

(Was that good enough US1?)

Back