Is this the right time......

It is interesting how regular posters with wholly differing viewpoints and opinions are coming to a similiar conclusions.

(Richard - I had hit the post button before seeing your warning.)

First of all, thanks for the welcome. Its a much nicer greeting than I received from certain other people.

I fly so often on US that I might as well work for them. Half my life is spent on one of their planes. As I've mentioned before, if they didnt take care of me, I'd go to another airline. From where I live I have plenty of options and more options coming up often.

I am not one to "trust" ancedotal evidence as from my experience its very one sided. Show me some hard numbers and then we can talk. Until then, you are going to have two groups. The group that dislikes US Airways and is going to keep insisting that FFs and high yield customers are leaving in droves. Then you'll have the group that likes US Airways and will disagree with the first group. US Airways is not perfect but there are other airlines out there that are far worse than them.

We rarely get manifests. I always try to get one. The ones we do rarely have any Chairman's Preferreds anymore, I see a lot of US3 and US4.

I think there should be two printed, with every customer on board listed for the A and the B. It should have info pertinent to the cabin crew- DM status, where they are connecting to, where they are connecting from, even comments like whether they had misconnected or were on a canceled flight, or if they are traveling to a funeral or a wedding, etc. It's a pretty simple tool that would allow us to provide personalized service for our frequent fliers as well as service recovery for customers who haven't had the best experience with us thus far. An example being "Mr and Mrs so-and-so, I'm EMBFA, the lead F/A. I understand your flight from Minneapolis was late and you had to be rebooked on this flight. We apologize, can we offer you a complimentary beverage?" Imagine! Flight Attendants empowered with the tools to use their customer service skills to build repeat customers.

Oh wait, I forgot the company we're talking about here...

It may be my first post but yet I've been lurking around here for a while. I fly all the time on US (200+ flights YTD), know many people with US, know a lot about what goes on at US so I considering myself quite knowledgable about the airline. Plus I've seen many a manifests/reports that flight attendants use and customer service agents use and have been able to see who all is on a flight, FF statuses, booking classes (which can tell you if its a "higher" fare or not). Additionally, I didnt say I know everything and would never say that. Nobody can ever know "everything".

Plus for somebody who has obviously done her share of posting on this site, I'd think you'd be a little more respectful of others thoughts and opinions. Calling my post BS is a out of line.
What are you doing seeing f/a manifests of passengers onboard? that is confidential information and an invasion of privacy. no airline employee is to let share any info on another customer onboard and this is only to Law Enforcement. as a customer service agent when a customer is looking where they stand on the upgrade or standby list and try to come over and look over my shoulder i tell them to get in front of me where they belong. any employee who shares a persons private info should be addressed and action aganist is appropriate.

Speaking of God, you have a better chance of seeing him than seeing DL and US merge.

But we'd be glad to send them some westie koolaid drinkers.
God? What a quant belief....

Church of the flying spaghetti monster.
flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg

Hmm US should get their hands on AirTran and just liquidate the Fleet and Employees...

*wakes up*

Oh wait...my bad...that noodly appendage gave me a bad dream.

Back