It's out

Exactly. There's already 2 or 3 of the "surviving" stations that don't meet the 30 flight minimum (MSY, eg.).
Thank you Kev,
It's good to see that a few people have actually read the whole 48 page document.There are many disturbing clauses in that "disposal proposal".From the scuttle I have heard around the system there are many who think that they are safe in those chosen 40.Just from where I sit,the elimination of all the cities outside the hubs presents a large number of very senior employees who will be forced to bump to maintain their retirement goal.They would be foolish to take the enhanced severance and throw away the ability to retire when alot of them are only a few years away from cashing it in.It would appear that the union did not even try and get a early retirement package for those who would readily take it.You could be sitting in one of the target stations with 20 years in and not old enough to retire and they couldnt even get you flying bennefits to entice you to leave on your own....In solidarity?...I dont think so...more like 70% against 30%.....

I'm in one of the "magic 40," and I sure don't feel safe....

I have read the whole thing (actually, everyone on my crew sat down at lunch and went over it), and the more I read, the worse it stunk. I'm glad to hear others have taken the time and energy to educate themelves as well.

It's too bad you can't do enhanced severance and then transition into "official" retirement. If that were the case, I think you'd have people knocking each other down to get to the door!

wow talk about a horrible thing. i hope it is turned down. It sure seems that the IAM has been sleeping with MGMT!!! What a pathetic union the IAM is. Now watch the dues go up. I know USAIR mainline IAM dues for full timers is 46.10 a month and part time is around 40 bucks a month. horrendous. but hey they got to protect the idiots at the top with those triple digit figures

According to the NWA ALPA site, bothe the NEWCo and Nstar proposal are off the table, which renders the scope language/job protection negotiated ever more moot....

There are way too many unanswered "what if's" in this dogshit proposal and yet the company wants a vote taken on it merely two weeks after it's released? The part time language alone is enough to sway my vote to a NO

My station's almost 50-50 already, but it's still an ugly concept.

The interesting thing this time around is that there's a "dealbreaker" included for everyone....

There are way too many unanswered "what if's" in this dogshit proposal and yet the company wants a vote taken on it merely two weeks after it's released? The part time language alone is enough to sway my vote to a NO

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

RTB/KEV3188,,
I KNOW you both know I'd never tell you 2 "gent's" a lie !

Your(both) right, this thing(contract) IS NOT PRETTY !!

However, In my humblest opinion, I "think" for every NO vote NW gets, they'll also get a YES vote, + 1.

That's not to say, that that is what I want to see happen, only what I think will happen.

In the end, what will happen, is what(YOU) the MEMBERS, decide !!

NH/BB's

I hope you're wrong, but fear you're right....
It may be possible to find a job with better wages and benefits, and if you do you should seriously consider taking it. But even if you have another job option, the person working next to you may not.

It is important to consider the effects your vote will have on yourself, your family and your coworkers. Where we go from here is in the hands of the IAM membership, as it should be. The Machinists Union will fully support whatever decision the membership makes.
-----------------------------------------------------------This lovely wording is direct from the I.A.M web site.I wonder if this was what Bobby Disgrace was thinking when he left the bargaining table with a proposal to vote out 80 stations in the NWA system.I'm pretty sure he wasnt thinking of my "family" or the "coworkers" we all have in the disposable stations.I also wonder how much of a paycut those fine representatives have taken since Nov 19th and if their cost of living raises in 2008 will be a whopping total of 1.5 percent?...Are the chair people going part time?...I mean when they are done...there wont be enough people to represent that would justify having a full time rep....boy did we get sold out.

[quote name='Work'n short' post='346637' date='Jan 29 2006, 07:16 PM']I also wonder how much of a paycut those fine representatives have taken since Nov 19th and if their cost of living raises in 2008 will be a whopping total of 1.5 percent?...Are the chair people going part time?...I mean when they are done...there wont be enough people to represent that would justify having a full time rep....boy did we get sold out.[/quote]

No paycut for these dopes. :angry:

If you really want to get bent, check out the LM-2 forms for these officers.

Click here for a good "jumping off point" to start a search.

By the way, do you find it interesting that DePace's home turf (JFK) "stays mainline regardless of flight activity?" There sure are a lot of stations with much more mainline activity (even based on '05 schedules) being thrown under the bus.

No paycut for these dopes. :angry:

If you really want to get bent, check out the LM-2 forms for these officers.

Click here for a good "jumping off point" to start a search.

By the way, do you find it interesting that DePace's home turf (JFK) "stays mainline regardless of flight activity?" There sure are a lot of stations with much more mainline activity (even based on '05 schedules) being thrown under the bus.

=======================================================

Good point(JFK) Kev.
"That" was discussed here at "home"

Shifting gears for a moment, I'm hearing a LOT about AA/BA.

If that happens, well, all my "prognostications' will have to be.................... "evaluated" :shock:

NH/BB's

Well...the voting has started.It's not clear what direction everyone is going in,but the language in that mess is primed for later action.I have read the posted Q&A on the union website and the picture could not be more clear...good luck to everyone.

I'd like to know two things:

1. At a lot of stations-including mine- the polls are only open for 4 hours. Why?

2. For as much of a hurry as both the CO. and the IAM were to get this put together, it seems like they're taking their sweet time to get all the stations to vote (some don't vote until 03.Mar.06). Why string it out so long?

I'd like to know two things:

1. At a lot of stations-including mine- the polls are only open for 4 hours. Why?

2. For as much of a hurry as both the CO. and the IAM were to get this put together, it seems like they're taking their sweet time to get all the stations to vote (some don't vote until 03.Mar.06). Why string it out so long?
I believe the reason is to give them more time to sell this piece of sh@$..they are planning a roadshow at every station so that they can tell everyone what a "good" deal this is...as for the time it's taking for the voting to be completed...maybe it's so they can determine how the vote is going day to day,and if it's not going the way they want it to.........well maybe they can just take care of that.It should be abundantly clear the kind of integrity we as I.A.M members are dealing with.This is not a "deal" to vote on,it's more like a murder suicide.

Latest posts

Back