Jetblue Flt 292 Bur-jfk Diverted To Lgb

Right from the Airbus AMM big red CAUTION!

CAUTION: WHEN YOU INSTALL THE SHOCK ABSORBER, MAKE SURE THAT YOU ALIGN THE PISTON LUGS WITH THE SLOTS IN THE SHOCK STRUT BACKPLATE. THE SHOCK ABSORBER WILL THUS BE IN THE CORRECT POSITION (THE WHEEL AXLE PERPENDICULAR TO THE AIRCRAFT CENTERLINE). AN INCORRECT INSTALLATION CAN CAUSE IMPORTANT DAMAGE TO THE NLG.

If the lugs aren't aligned properly the NG can rotate 90 DEG as in this instance and the UniTED incident.

local 12 proud said:
What would you know about A/C maintenance dip####?....... the fantastic job remark went out to the pilots, not the outsoursed HACK shops that the airlines farm out too!.......BRAINWASHED?....NOT AT ALL, just very familiar with third party maintenance. so go back to your CUBICLE :D
[post="303775"][/post]​

Couldn't resist some crafty editing before you replied, eh?

And your choice of vocabulary --- very impressive from a 'professional'!

Keep paying those amfa dues. Certainly a wise career investment.

Hooray for everyone connected with jetblue --- well done!

third-party-01.jpg

whatkindoffreshhell said:
Couldn't resist some crafty editing before you replied, eh?

And your choice of vocabulary --- very impressive from a 'professional'!

Keep paying those amfa dues. Certainly a wise career investment.

Hooray for everyone connected with jetblue --- well done!
[post="303783"][/post]​
Hooray for the pilots for a remarkable job!...... :up: Wkofh, you started the anti union name calling so im replied in kind :up: NOW GO BACK TO YOUR CUBICLE :D

BRAVO
snaps to the flight attendants for keeping them all sane on the circle tour of LA. Reports thus far have garnerd the crew kudos-I wll see and rase that!!!
Aviation Saftey Professionals ROCK!!
and all deserve a rase!!
AC

Umm... shouldnt you jetblue types be more concerned with the fact that the whole nation watched b6 do an emergency landing. Dont get me wrong, I love jetblue, but it not good for any airline to have the nation watching during an emergency.

garyjr02 said:
Umm... shouldnt you jetblue types be more concerned with the fact that the whole nation watched b6 do an emergency landing. Dont get me wrong, I love jetblue, but it not good for any airline to have the nation watching during an emergency.
[post="303812"][/post]​

All the coverage I've seen (CNN, FOX, MSNBC) has the analysts, former aviators, the mayor of LA, and the pax on the plane itself praising the job done by the flight crew.

"Stunningly smooth"--right from a pax on the flight (referring to the landing).

"Soothing and reassuring"--referring to communications from the flight deck.

"Like a training video"--former airline pilot commenting on the landing.

Hmm--3 hours of frantic coverage, followed by 180 second of approach, rollout, and the friggen airstairs rolling up--and then pax walking off the aircraft.

You cannot ask for the flight crew to handle it any better than this (and have it on live TV nationwide). I guess if you are going to have an emergency, this is how to do it..

skyflyr69 said:
I wonder if they forgot to preflight the airplane or missed something if indeed they did check it out prior to takeoff.

:(
[post="303699"][/post]​

I wonder, why you would immediately think the pilots did something wrong! Oh, that is right :" if indeed they did check it out prior to takeoff".

The word I am thinking of starts with an A and ends on ole.

WNrforlife said:
In any case,  I think all Airbus A320 aircraft should be grounded until the NTSB can perform a full investigation as to the cause of the nose gear locking at  a 90 degree angle.  The government can't take a chance on something like this happening again.
[post="303738"][/post]​

I hope you are being sarcastic, but if not, I guess we should ground all the Boeing 737, because of rudder hardovers or perhaps all the 747, due to center tank explosions!

OMG, late breaking news, DC-10 blows centerline wheels, better ground the 10 as well:http://www.the-mechanic.com/mainbb.html

mrfish3726 said:
Right from the Airbus AMM big red CAUTION!

CAUTION: WHEN YOU INSTALL THE SHOCK ABSORBER, MAKE SURE THAT YOU ALIGN THE PISTON LUGS WITH THE SLOTS IN THE SHOCK STRUT BACKPLATE. THE SHOCK ABSORBER WILL THUS BE IN THE CORRECT POSITION (THE WHEEL AXLE PERPENDICULAR TO THE AIRCRAFT CENTERLINE). AN INCORRECT INSTALLATION CAN CAUSE IMPORTANT DAMAGE TO THE NLG.

If the lugs aren't aligned properly the NG can rotate 90 DEG as in this instance and the UniTED incident.
[post="303782"][/post]​

HP also had a similar incident at CMH in 1999. Same result as this--perfect landing, and the gear strut held.

garyjr02 said:
[post="303812"][/post]​
I was in AWE to see the EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE OF THE CREW! The entire nation saw how well trained, skilled and safely this crew got this plane down! The press showed the nation how EXCELLENT JetBlue handled this.

hulagirl said:
I was in AWE to see the EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE OF THE CREW! The entire nation saw how well trained, skilled and safely this crew got this plane down! The press showed the nation how EXCELLENT JetBlue handled this.
[post="303868"][/post]​
You're right. I humbly retract my last statement. Someone told me that they are flying jetblue from now on, simply because of how perfect of a landing the pilots made.

I was in awe of how everyone was watching this. I think a lot of people really hoped they would have a horrific crash. That way they could say they saw it live. I am certainly happy that nothing happened and everyone is safe. I think America needs to look at its values when will stop working and watch tv for almost an hour, just in case something goes wrong. Kudos to the crew for doing what they should and performing it as trained. Textbook! Just my thoughts..........

coolflyingfool said:
I was in awe of how everyone was watching this. I think a lot of people really hoped they would have a horrific crash. That way they could say they saw it live. I am certainly happy that nothing happened and everyone is safe. I think America needs to look at its values when will stop working and watch tv for almost an hour, just in case something goes wrong. Kudos to the crew for doing what they should and performing it as trained. Textbook! Just my thoughts..........
[post="303894"][/post]​
You are a complete idiot with your anti-Americanism. The vast majority of Americans wouldn't wish that on anybody; I'm sure those watching were saying a prayer for the crew and pax. Maybe you should move to Cuba, being that you have such a grudge against Americans, because you certainly do not hold any values.

Back