Jetblue Flt 292 Bur-jfk Diverted To Lgb

Dizel8 said:
BUT DO NOT DENY THAT JETBLUE OUTSOURCES MOST OF ITS MAINTENANCE. AND NOT TO 3RD PARTY AMERICAN FIRMS, BUT CANADA AND CENTRAL AMERICA!

WAIT UNTIL A TERRORIST GETS ACCESS TO ONE OF THOSE JETBLUE PLANES PARKED IN EL SALVADOR AND PLACES AN EXPLOSIVE DEVICE DOWN BELOW.

I think you missed your calling, you should have been a sensationalist journalist.
[post="303974"][/post]​

Do you not think that is a possibility?

Hopeful,

No need to yell. The nose gear may have failed due to simple mechanical error, these things do happen.

As for the MX issue, you are speculating who last serviced it and what ramifications that may have had. I think you would be a bit upset, if people immediately started pointing fingers at you!

Now, outsourcing is not a good thing, it certainly affects the US worker, on that we agree, sadly it is done by most if not all airlines in some shape. As for the mx work done by TACA and Air Canada, wile you may not like it, they both enjoy excellent reputation for competetnce, service and reliability.

Hopeful said:
Do you not think that is a possibility?
[post="303976"][/post]​

I think a lot of things are possible, but I do not think the possibility of a Salvadorian or a Canadian attempting a terrorist attack is any higher than
it happening in the US, europe, asia or anywhere else for that matter.

There are plenty of placed served daily by US airlines, where terrorist could attempt such a thing. If you have ever seen an EL AL airplane, you would know, that they consider it a very real possibility in the US.

i work for usairways and was at the bar in phx on my layover with 2 other us f/a's and 2 alaska f/a's watching this. we were so glued to this tv . people were asking us ??'s as to what we thought the f/a's were doing onboard that plane. we told them that the f/a were doing exactly what they were trained to do. those were tense moment's for us when that plane touched down. as soon as it stoped everyone in the bar applauded. that flight crew did a hell of a job getting that plane on the ground safely. good job!! :up:
also ,larry king was driving me crazy with his stupid questions. like when the pane was on final he was like "so what do you think the pilots are doing now? gee larry i don't know. maybe landing the plane.

Jet Blue contracts out all their Overhaul.
[post="303740"][/post]​
[/quote]

And AA's in house maintenance does not seem them from having incidents. Thoughs who live in glass houses.....

jack mama said:
Hopefull,
JetBlue mechanics worked on the gear last...were they american? I don't know...
[post="303999"][/post]​
this really isnt a reply to anyone of these post its more of a congrats to the flight crew on board that aircraft...i watched that landing, it was awesome! i can only imagine the tension levels with the crew and pax onboard...JOB WELL DONE to the front end crew and the flight attendants! :up:

Fox News had an HP pilot on right after it landed safely that said the nose gear was designed to rotate 90 degrees upon rotation if a problem was detected. Can anyone out there confirm this?

The news report I saw said the plane circled for 3.5 hours to burn off fuel....is fuel dumping prohibited now....why couldn't they have flown off shore a bit and dumped some fuel?

mrman said:
Jet Blue contracts out all their Overhaul.
[post="303740"][/post]​

And AA's in house maintenance does not seem them from having incidents. Thoughs who live in glass houses.....
[post="303996"][/post]​
[/quote]
I doubt that this plane had been due for an overhaul yet. All JB planes are very low cycle.

KCFlyer said:
The news report I saw said the plane circled for 3.5 hours to burn off fuel....is fuel dumping prohibited now....why couldn't they have flown off shore a bit and dumped some fuel?
[post="304023"][/post]​

Despite what some idiots in the media reported, A320s CANNOT dump fuel as they (and most other narrowbodies) are not equipped with fuel nozzles on the wingtips.

Fuel dumping = Impossible. Only option was to fly "dirty" to burn off the fuel the conventional way.

Anyone know if the nose wheel is aluminum or magnesium?

I walked over and watched it, and was amazed that the super bright fire went out on its own so quickly.

whatkindoffreshhell said:
Great example of a brainwashed, self-serving flunky

"Could also be that superior outsourced maintenance"

Then, minutes later....

Proof of your union leading you into oblivion
Needleman, and those pax, should buy drinks for that crew until they are BLUE!
[post="303770"][/post]​
The American AMT (Aircraft Maintenance Technician) must posess a FAA Airframe&Powerplant license which he can qualify for only after rigorous training and testing by the FAA. A 20 year background check by the FBI. Random drug and alcohol testing. Jet Blue elects to by-pass these tech's and send thier heavy maintenance to El Salvador which requires thier tech's to have no experience. However it's cheaper. luckily they haven't outsourced the Pilots to El Salvador.
If you were going to have to have open heart surgery, would you get it done in El Salvador because it was cheaper? I bet not one of those 144 passengers were thinking about how lucky they were to be on that aircraft becase of thier cheap tickets.

The pilot was identifed as Scott Burke , obviously a hero to those on board along with the rest of the crew. Does anyone know his background prior to working at JB?

The Crew did one H e l l of a GREAT JOB.

This reminds me of the USAir B737 landing on 1 main in GSO several years ago. The other Main was stuck up and jammed by a Company Mechanic who left the chock in a poor spot when they moved the aircraft to the gate from a remote area. But one HELL of a job by the Crew ( front and back ).