Job Openings

jenny@nw

Veteran
Feb 20, 2006
pacific nw
Link
A&P Aircraft Technician

Company: Northwest Airlines Location: Detroit, MI
Relevant Work Experience: Less than 1 Year Career Level: Student (High School)
Education Level: High School or equivalent

Northwest Airlines, Inc. is currently seeking Technicians to join its Detroit Line Maintenance team. This is a 40 hour/week position on a rotating schedule with opening on all shifts.

In this position you will perform mechanical work involving disassembling, repairing and assembling all parts of airplanes, engines, radio equipment, electrical heating, and hydraulic systems.

QUALIFICATIONS

Qualified candidates must hold Airframe and Power Plant licenses and possess a valid drivers license and good driving record. Must be able to lift 80-100 lbs occasionally and 20-50 lbs regularly.

NWA offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package.

To apply for this position, please fax your resume to 612-727-7321 and reference posting LM2006-A&P Tech DTW. No Agencies or phone calls please.

Northwest Airlines recognizes and values diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow....Dougie Stealin' and friends are still looking for scabs???

I thought the scab program was "flawless", and the hiring was done?

Are scabs bailing off the sinking ship? :huh:

No experience needed? Just have an A@P, stars in your eyes, and rocks in your head.

Say its not so Dougie......what a joke. :D

NWA offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package.
If people are leaving, the salary must not be very competitive and the benefits must not be very comprehensive. Another conisderation is that those who leave are usually the better people.

Look out Felix....
They're looking to replace you!!!!:cool:
Imagine that replacing the replacemnet workers...Hmmmm.... :unsure:
I bet you wish that were the case hotshot. They are just trying to fill some vacancies. As much as Northwest hates to give up overtime they are beginning to have to give it up just to have enough coverage. June is also just around the corner also. This is actually going to start in May but it will not get really bad till June. Not only is each mechanics loss exponential right now but soon you can double that loss as well. For example one of the One of the Scabs that quit last week lease is up. Well his roommate is going to move in with me and my roommate until June. Then my roommate is going to quit and go back home. We already know that they are going to be going up on the rent here so we are not going to sign a new lease. There are some other guys in the same boat as well and we are currently looking for a house to rent. Right off the bat in June NWA is going to lose four Scabs in my zone alone. If we can't find a decent house to rent soon we will be leaving as well. Now NWA is losing eight people in a very short amount of time from one zone alone. Do you see how this is going to compound itself? NWA has taken on a workforce that it knows nothing about or how to handle. These guys do not sit around and whine about what they did or didn't get, they just pull the ejection handle when they feel the need. Many are feeling the need.

could all of this be a signal that the end of NWA is near? If so, I feel for all the UNIONIZED EMPLOYEES as I do anyways. They really have a lot to put up with the low life scabs.

You cant afford your rent? Oh, why do you post those things! It just gets too easy. Im sure someone else will do a better job than me, especially Jenny! Isnt the housing market in Detroit depressed due to the auto industry layoffs? NW couldnt figure out how to handle their union workforce(hint you need to work together) and it surprises you that they can't handle scabs? Call the Press! Someone please respond to that post or maybe we should set up a housing fund for scabs. Really, PTO your inability to think before you post scares me.

You cant afford your rent?...
For me to take on a job Phxmama that job must meet certain monetary expectations that I impose myself. Once a job fails to meet those self imposed expectations there is no need for me to be here. With a roommate and the current rent I am just at the minimums of that threshold. With an increase in rent that will put me under that threshold. Resulting in me making some adjustments or an immediate pull on the ol'e ejection handle. So Phxmama it is not whether or not I can afford my rent it is simply a matter of whether I want to. I promise you that I would rather be at home with my family this summer and fishing rather than being up here working to pay for an apartment. You see Phxmama, when something is no longer able to produce and give you what you want it is time to move on. Why do you guys find that so difficult to do?

I bet you wish that were the case hotshot. They are just trying to fill some vacancies. As much as Northwest hates to give up overtime they are beginning to have to give it up just to have enough coverage. June is also just around the corner also. This is actually going to start in May but it will not get really bad till June. Not only is each mechanics loss exponential right now but soon you can double that loss as well. For example one of the One of the Scabs that quit last week lease is up. Well his roommate is going to move in with me and my roommate until June. Then my roommate is going to quit and go back home. We already know that they are going to be going up on the rent here so we are not going to sign a new lease. There are some other guys in the same boat as well and we are currently looking for a house to rent. Right off the bat in June NWA is going to lose four Scabs in my zone alone. If we can't find a decent house to rent soon we will be leaving as well. Now NWA is losing eight people in a very short amount of time from one zone alone. Do you see how this is going to compound itself? NWA has taken on a workforce that it knows nothing about or how to handle. These guys do not sit around and whine about what they did or didn't get, they just pull the ejection handle when they feel the need. Many are feeling the need.
Dear Felix,

I'm sure I've said the before but
OH BOO HOO for YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

For me to take on a job Phxmama that job must meet certain monetary expectations that I impose myself. Once a job fails to meet those self imposed expectations there is no need for me to be here. With a roommate and the current rent I am just at the minimums of that threshold. With an increase in rent that will put me under that threshold. Resulting in me making some adjustments or an immediate pull on the ol'e ejection handle. So Phxmama it is not whether or not I can afford my rent it is simply a matter of whether I want to. I promise you that I would rather be at home with my family this summer and fishing rather than being up here working to pay for an apartment. You see Phxmama, when something is no longer able to produce and give you what you want it is time to move on. Why do you guys find that so difficult to do?

I shot northwest the bird from 494, did you see me?

I shot northwest the bird from 494, did you see me?
Sorry sentrido I missed that one. Pulling out of the employee parking lot I was surprised to see three AMFA Boys there with their little signs. They couldn't have been more than eight feet from the curb. I gave them I big smile a hearty wave and a solid thumbs up. Them Boys got so excited that someone even recognized them being there they didn't know what to do but wave back. :lol:

NWA has taken on a workforce that it knows nothing about or how to handle. These guys do not sit around and whine about what they did or didn't get, they just pull the ejection handle when they feel the need. Many are feeling the need.
Ya, that “at will†employment is really working for you huh? Why don’t you just go to “the man†and ask for a raise, since you all can’t seem to live on the wages you’re earning. What about your “at will†mentality that you’ll earn everything by doing a job well done? Do you get I yet? NW doesn’t give a shet what you know or how well you do it. I know, why don’t you stage a walk out? Oh right that’s already been tried! :eek:

I guess you’re learning that those slap on the back attaboys don’t pay the bills huh? Destined for the Majors huh? Real AMT’s can handle the majors, all you wannabe (scabs) have no clue. Go ahead and pull those ejection handles… just don’t let the door hit ya’s in those red arses.

Thank God I'm out of that hell hole! Here's a funny thought, you working like a slave for 8 months, me working close to home, weekends off, holidays off, overtime as wanted, yet I still have more NW seniority than you! Hmmm..... :wacko:

Ya, that “at will†employment is really working for you huh? Why don’t you just go to “the man†and ask for a raise, since you all can’t seem to live on the wages you’re earning. What about your “at will†mentality that you’ll earn everything by doing a job well done? Do you get I yet? NW doesn’t give a shet what you know or how well you do it. I know, why don’t you stage a walk out? Oh right that’s already been tried! :eek:

I guess you’re learning that those slap on the back attaboys don’t pay the bills huh? Destined for the Majors huh? Real AMT’s can handle the majors, all you wannabe (scabs) have no clue. Go ahead and pull those ejection handles… just don’t let the door hit ya’s in those red arses.

Thank God I'm out of that hell hole! Here's a funny thought, you working like a slave for 8 months, me working close to home, weekends off, holidays off, overtime as wanted, yet I still have more NW seniority than you! Hmmm..... :wacko:

"ejection handle", "ejaculation lever" or running away from the mess one has found himself in the middle of...IT'S ALL THE SAME!

Even prior to the current NWA strike I've always believed that those who do not seek to work at career employment are not really good folks to work close to. Bouncing from one bad situation to another with no clearly defined career path isn't too smart either.

"ejection handle", "ejaculation lever" or running away from the mess one has found himself in the middle of...IT'S ALL THE SAME!

Even prior to the current NWA strike I've always believed that those who do not seek to work at career employment are not really good folks to work close to. Bouncing from one bad situation to another with no clearly defined career path isn't too smart either.
Amen Brother