Kiosk and skycaps when flights are delay

john john

Veteran
Contributor
Sep 12, 2004
When we had saber and the flights were running late/canceled the kiosk and skycaps and agents at the counter would get a flag and the system would not let you check-in the customer and the reroute would start. SHARES doesn't care it will check you in regardless of how late the flights are running and will even check you in if it is canceled

This compounds the problems very much. Major part of the meltdown.

Found this out when a skycap came in to get boarding passes for a flight for a family. Um, that flights been canx. He had already sent the bags down the belt and into never never land and there were no flights out for days. Great system again. Now, tell me how its "worked fine" for years?

Tad, take heart. They were just doing a feature on the Today show about LCC's attempts to dig out from the mess. Al Roker pointed out that the day is just around the corner when the snow and ice will end, and the Spring storms begin. :lol:

I forgot about the flight cancellation problem. Stations have reported that kiosk/skycaps/ticket counter have check-in whole flights that were canceled hours ago

Great system again. Now, tell me how its "worked fine" for years?

Better be careful, I'm sure someone will post here and tell you how stupid you are and that SHARES doesn't work that way and it is just an error on the part of the user. :rolleyes:

Yeah, Pong worked great back in the days too. Imagine a WII player having to deal with that now. About the same comparison.

yeah, remember when Intellivision came out? Only the "rich" kids had that. I played pong on my black and white tv.

Yeah and having to go to Radio Shack to buy adapters so that you could hook it up to the TV.

Yeah, and they would ask you for your phone number and people were like, why do you ask that?

I just figured out that the version of SHARES US is the same "computer" that I used to connect to my TV...what was that called?

don't be retarded

OMG, that is funny. You are whacked. LCC strands 100,000 plus people and YOU are calling ME retarded. Better watch it, i hear that blue koolade has a funny aftertaste...not salty, but not sweet...just a funny aftertaste

Better watch it, i hear that blue koolade has a funny aftertaste...not salty, but not sweet...just a funny aftertaste

Hey, after this weekend standing on the counter without a break for 11 hours, I WISH someone would have brought me some blue koolade to drink. By the 8th hour, I would have drank anything! :shock:

What you dont know wont hurt you, hence the West system was fantastic to the Westies. They just didnt know its true limitations in regards to the actual airline US Airways is.

...the same "computer" that I used to connect to my TV...what was that called?
All those early PC's hooked up to your TV like a VCR did with an A-B switch to display cable/antenna or computer. The Atari (not the 2600 game console..the actual computers like the 400, 800, etc.), the Commodores (Vic20 and 64), the pre-Macintosh Apples (II, IIe, II+, III) and the Radio Shack TRS models. Man, oh man, those were the days... The IBM PC unveiled around 1982 came with it's own matching monochrome monitor.

I had one of the first IBM PCs with a hard drive put on a desktop at Texaco. The guy from PC Support who installed it for me said, "That hard drive has 10 meg of storage. You will NEVER fill it up." :lol:
Back then programmers knew how to write for a program. Today look at all the space wasted by some of the programs. But then again Windows kept expanding up and up and up becoming a real memory hog. What get's me is that product such as MS-Money or Quicken, keep coming up with upgrades. More GUI's , more pizzazz, but the end result, arithmatic is still the same as 25 years ago, and will be for years to come. I wonder how many people know how to run a spreadsheet. its so easy to set up a register and your own program. Tie it in with Access and you can even accomplish more. But Access can be difficult.

And back then the earlier IBM PS1's were not interchangable. Meaning that you had certain monitor that would work with it and a certain printers. Compaq was also good for that. And the 9-pin or 24-pin DOT Matrix printers, $300 & up. Now you can get ink jets for cheaper than the ink cartridges. The Good Old Days.

Latest posts