Labor Troubles-Ramp, WN Files suit.

Sparky on the Seas said:
What stood out to me after a preliminary read are:

1) Pay isn't bad however there is 4 years of the rates not being compounded.

2) Bonus in lieu of retro isn't bad. its based on 6/2011 to 7/2015 earnings. it works out to a hair under 5%.

3) At first read attendance changes isn't too bad. No more Febuary roll off. 

4) Several changes to the greivence procedures. Have to look at that closer.

5) 401K match does not increase to the rest of the Company till 2019.

6) Part time cap increase will be phased in over the next three years. 

7) Can declare our present 10 "days free of the company" as paid time off days with the ability to bank them during the course off the year. Or one can keep it the same. 
I'm not saying the pay is bad it's about what the other big three will be getting. But you used to be way above us. I guess with all the bankruptcies and changes in workrules the productivity is about  the same.

700UW said:
They didn't bless it, they sent it to the membership without a recommendation.

Heard money is good, sick time policy bad, and part time cap increase.
I didn't say they were recommending a yes or a no vote. I simply said they blessed it (contract) to be voted on by the membership.  No where in there does it say recommend.  Just by the union very quickly passing this contract to the membership for a vote, and the comments made by the lead nego, shows that they believe it will pass, other wise they would not have let it go to the vote.  It is still 50/50 if it will pass. I have not read it in its entirely, but from what I have seen highlighted so far, I am leaning towards a yes vote from the members. If the changes to the sick and the part timers are not too terribly bad then I predict a yes vote. Nothing has really caught my eye as a huge negative so far. The biggest is as you have pointed out about the supervision and management being able to step forward and perform contract work so easily, there seems to be a lot of "RED" language changes in that area.  Still I am very curious if SWA used the suspensions and suits in their favor, at all, to get this contract to pass. Haven't heard anything of the such so far, so maybe it wasn't done that way...

Actually supervisors being able to pick up an agents shift has been the case for as long as i can remember. What was changed on the last contract was if there was a mandatory shift extension the superviser would be the first one to get it and the last one to be released. Also they can not leave early. 

As far as supervisors assisting the guideline through an arbitration is this; a supervisor can assist on flights but cant work a flight. The rule of thumb being if the supervisor steps away would the work go on? If so he was assisting. If work stops then he was doing covered work. 

Still need to read and talk about the change in grievance procedure and part time. 

I really feel that the suspensions is what pushed SW to an agreement. I think that the suspensions will be overturned by an arbitrator and SW knows it. I could be wrong though, wouldn't be the first time. 

• Banned
Full Definition of blessed

1. 1 a :  held in reverence :  venerated <the blessed saints> b :  honored in worship :  hallowed <the blessed Trinity> cbeatific <a blessed visitation>

2. 2 :  of or enjoying happiness; specifically :  enjoying the bliss of heaven —used as a title for a beatified person

3. 3 :  bringing pleasure, contentment, or good fortune

4. 4 —used as an intensive <never had one blessed minute of instruction

700UW said:
Full Definition of blessed

1. 1 a :  held in reverence :  venerated <the blessed saints> b :  honored in worship :  hallowed <the blessed Trinity> cbeatific <a blessed visitation>

2. 2 :  of or enjoying happiness; specifically :  enjoying the bliss of heaven —used as a title for a beatified person

3. 3 :  bringing pleasure, contentment, or good fortune

4. 4 —used as an intensive <never had one blessed minute of instruction

This is why you are beloved by all.

Who can clear up how those bonuses are supposed to work? You have 3 amounts starting with $42,000 down and then a scale that shows substantially less than the other 3 amounts quoted?

I like their point system for absences. Much clearer than our "Report to lost time and who knows what they'll say" over here on the AA ramp.

The three amounts are how they came up with the total to be divided up between all the workers. The amount of ones bonous depends on how much one earned in the specified time frame. 

Also all the people that were suspended are coming back on Monday.  The grievance procedure is still going forward. Happy new year to all.

Sparky on the Seas said:
The three amounts are how they came up with the total to be divided up between all the workers. The amount of ones bonous depends on how much one earned in the specified time frame. 

Also all the people that were suspended are coming back on Monday.  The grievance procedure is still going forward. Happy new year to all.
Thanks. I saw that the amounts were changed and now it says 42 Mil, instead of Thousand. Unless I just misread it the first time?

Very glad to hear that they're all coming back and hope all the donations helped.

Good luck with your vote and happy new year.

Sparky on the Seas said:

DOf you have any info on that, about the two hundred coming back

Sparky, Very glad to hear that the members are returning to work.  Thanks to all who took the time to help our fellow employees in a time of need thru the holidays.  125K in that short of time is awesome and I was glad to see other unions help out as well.  AMFA 11, thanks to you guys for being so pro-active and jump starting the outside unions to join in the efforts to help support the TWU members.  Now you guys need to focus on this contract being offered to you all and vote accordingly. Good luck guys.  Sparky, thx for keeping us updated and look forward to more updates upon Griev. being worked out...

Latest posts

Back