Layoff Numbers

Pilots 400
Management 1200
Flight Attendant 2300
Mechanics 4300
Fleet Service 4300

pokenest.gif

Full text of Horton Letter:

http://blogs.star-telegram.com/sky_talk/2012/02/amr-ceo-tom-horton-employee-related-costs-to-be-cut-by-125-billion-per-year.html

Don't listen to this clown.. These numbers are not valid.. My sources have not yet determined precise numbers or location of..

I have not gotten an official confirmation yet. Those are the numbers being floated at APA. They supposedly came from our reps at the meeting.

I have not gotten an official confirmation yet. Those are the numbers being floated at APA. They supposedly came from our reps at the meeting.
As a Title I mechanic, I would say your should have waited until the numbers were firm. 4300 is that for Title I or Title II or both. You timing is as good as the president.

Thanks for indicating that Fat Little... A lot of people read these threads and make drastic decisions.. Should have something by 4 today... 20% across the board has been verified in head count..

As a Title I mechanic, I would say your should have waited until the numbers were firm. 4300 is that for Title I or Title II or both. You timing is as good as the president.

Those numbers would probably be the end of the TWU.

Those numbers would probably be the end of the TWU.
The twu employees are the ones going to get hit the hardest. All of our work from a/c mechanics,stock clerks,automotive,faciliy and fleet service can be outsourced.
C

American to cut 13,000 workers

BREAKING NEWS: American Airlines just announced it will cut 13,000 workers across various workgroups.

Here is the full e-mail from the carrier.

This morning Tom Horton, Bev Goulet and Jeff Brundage met with union leaders to outline American’s business plan and the necessary steps we must take to secure our future success. A difficult outcome of the restructuring process is our need to reduce our workforce to better align with a more efficient operation. The business plan and our proposals, which are necessary for long-term success, outline a reduction of approximately 13,000 employees across our company. The company will share proposals with the unions this afternoon, however below is an approximate breakdown of expected job reductions by workgroup.

Expected Employee Reductions

Agents, Reps, Planners – TBD, the ARP restructuring plan is still under development as the company collects and analyzes employee feedback

Fleet Service & Other TWU – Approximately 4,200

Flight Attendants – Approximately 2,300

Management/Support Staff – Approximately 1,400

Mechanics and Related – Approximately 4,600

Pilots – Approximately 400

Total – Approximately 13,000

-Andrea Ahles

Posted at 01:19 PM in Allied Pilots Association, American Airlines, American Eagle, AMR, Association of Professional Flight Attendants, Bankruptcy, Transport Workers Union | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

Read more here: http://startelegram.typepad.com/sky_talk/#storylink=cpy