Layoff Numbers

As a Title I mechanic, I would say your should have waited until the numbers were firm. 4300 is that for Title I or Title II or both. You timing is as good as the president.
you owe someone an apology

The twu employees are the ones going to get hit the hardest. All of our work from a/c mechanics,stock clerks,automotive,faciliy and fleet service can be outsourced.
C
You are correct but an MRO acquisition of the bases would be required at this to fulfill the massive hangar capacity needed.

Mechanic Group may include Stores and Title II

Which would make more sense
We just don't know at the moment who it includes. One thing is for sure they are farming out some stuff.... hopefully we can get some info from the twu soon

Are these potential layoffs based on capacity cuts or on man power needed with the new monthly maximums?

Will there be wiggle room for one or another union to make concessions in other areas to preserve jobs?>

Is this the worst case scenario? AA saying we are losing this many airplanes, and you will take monthly max up to 90 and with min flying for everyone, we see an overage of X. Is there wiggle room for leaves and possibly cuts in other areas of a CBA that preserves jobs?

The fact that you are worried about EVERYONE's job over just your own is VERY admirable. But bottom line, 5 people working more efficiently than 10 is MUCH cheaper than paying 10 less, unless those 10 take a RIDICULOUS cut. That type of cost savings isn't reserved for the airline industry either....

Of course, I'm not Horton, nor am I Union rep.....so what do I know?

Cheers,
777 / 767 / 757 Love

We just don't know at the moment who it includes. One thing is for sure they are farming out some stuff.... hopefully we can get some info from the twu soon

Expected Employee Reductions

Agents, Reps, Planners – TBD, the ARP restructuring plan is still under development as the company collects and analyzes employee feedback

Fleet Service & Other TWU – Approximately 4,200

Flight Attendants – Approximately 2,300

Management/Support Staff – Approximately 1,400

Mechanics and Related – Approximately 4,600

Pilots – Approximately 400

Total – Approximately 13,000

Assumig you place Title II and Stores into the "Mechanic and Related" group, 4600 heads is more than 20%
And then if you combine Pensions, Pre-funding, and Health Care changes, I think our group is paying more than the 20%, Far more than 20% as Horton said each gourp including management would pay. Unless he plans on giving substantial raises or not taking the pensions of those that are left, this equals much more than 20%...

...Or I need a new battery in my calculator

Assumig you place Title II and Stores into the "Mechanic and Related" group, 4600 heads is more than 20%
And then if you combine Pensions, Pre-funding, and Health Care changes, I think our group is paying more than the 20%, Far more than 20% as Horton said each gourp including management would pay. Unless he plans on giving substantial raises or not taking the pensions of those that are left, this equals much more than 20%...

...Or I need a new battery in my calculator

That would be in the 40 to 45% range especially if you throw in my 2002 cuts.

Latest posts

Back