Let the mediation begin!

swamt said:
They are out there gentlemen.  Pretty sure Eric Holder is good enough, and he says the "ongoing" talks.

I posted that story (with the Eric Holder quote) with a link a half-hour before you did.   Try to keep up.   

So apparently DCA is not the only issue on the table--they are looking for divestiture at other airports as well. I wonder what those airports might be? LGA perhaps, although after the slot swap that seems less likely. Also, US has only about 8 flights a day from JFK, which makes that of little concern.

I do hope at the end of the day they do remain in ISP, or expand a little--I know it's a dream but.....

Art, so good to see your name attached to a post.  I thought you had deserted us.  I think a number of those "other" airports are the ones with non-stop service from DCA used by Congressmen to get home without changing planes.  We all know how "critical," both from an economic and national security standpoint, some of those DCA-Bumtwizzle, Idaho flights are.  :lol:

Reactions: 2 people
FWAAA said:
I posted that story (with the Eric Holder quote) with a link a half-hour before you did.   Try to keep up.   
I said all this will happen months ago. My exact words were huge divestures will be requested. I never said I was the first to post what Holder said. I posted many months ago that these divestures request from DOJ would come long ago. You need to keep up. It's in other threads right after the rumors of a merger was starting to circulate.

Reactions: 2 people
Jim, I understand completely. It will be interesting to see how Congress reacts if DOJ makes their lives a little tougher ;)

It's good to be back here, although it appears some things haven't changed in other areas :)

I quote the statement from the AA spokesman..."Any discussions about settlement to resolve this litigation, whether internal, with DOJ directly or through the mediator would be private and we are not going to comment on them in any way," said Mike Trevino, a spokesman for the airline.  Italics mine.

Note that there may be talks with DOJ directly OR through the mediator.  Still doesn't say that there are actual mediated talks going on.  AAnotok, I realize that your 30 years with American makes you the world expert on public communications, but in my 45-year career working in and with government agencies and private companies from the oil industry to the computer industry, I can tell you that many hours, even days, are spent carefully wording news releases that can be as short as two paragraphs  to make sure they say only what the involved parties want you to know and nothing of what they do not want you to know.  As I said, sometimes a press release is more important for what it does not say as for what it does say.

Reactions: 1 person
Sorry to disappoint Jimmy, never claimed to be world expert on public communications. And no Jimmy, 30 years has nothing to do with it either...Just like your failed attempt at moderating doesn't make you a failure!!
As a native Texan, I truly wish you would change your screen name...Here is a suggestion, jim@foxnews!  :)

jimntx said:
I quote the statement from the AA spokesman..."Any discussions about settlement to resolve this litigation, whether internal, with DOJ directly or through the mediator would be private and we are not going to comment on them in any way," said Mike Trevino, a spokesman for the airline.  Italics mine.

Note that there may be talks with DOJ directly OR through the mediator.  Still doesn't say that there are actual mediated talks going on.  AAnotok, I realize that your 30 years with American makes you the world expert on public communications, but in my 45-year career working in and with government agencies and private companies from the oil industry to the computer industry, I can tell you that many hours, even days, are spent carefully wording news releases that can be as short as two paragraphs  to make sure they say only what the involved parties want you to know and nothing of what they do not want you to know.  As I said, sometimes a press release is more important for what it does not say as for what it does say.
 It seems you are hung up on the actual term "mediate." What counts is the fact that AA/US offered concessions and the DOJ responded what they want. 
​Neither you, me or anyone who is not involved in these talks are privy to what is going on. 
It's funny how you take the AA spokesman's words as law and discount any spin that may be conveyed.
​And does anyone really expect all parties involved to state what may or may not be conceded?

Geez, have you ever heard the POTUS' press secretary spew nonsense?

MetalMover said:
 It seems you are hung up on the actual term "mediate." What counts is the fact that AA/US offered concessions and the DOJ responded what they want. 
​Neither you, me or anyone who is not involved in these talks are privy to what is going on. 
It's funny how you take the AA spokesman's words as law and discount any spin that may be conveyed.
​And does anyone really expect all parties involved to state what may or may not be conceded?

That was the whole point of the post.  I take it reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

jimntx said:

That was the whole point of the post.  I take it reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

Learn how use "quote" properly here. 
I don't want people thinking I wrote that sophomoric line about reading comprehension.
You can have the last word...I'm ready for another topic.

Latest posts