Letter sent to NMB regarding FLeet Service dispute

I believe that Delta contracted out some stations back in 1995 right after they brought the PAN AM European OPS. That I think is what started Delta's outsourcing. I remember something like that because my dad was a supervisor for Delta Customer Service at the time in ORF and he was given a choice: the streets or DCA and be a ramp/ops mgr. He took the latter half. Then after a 2 yrs was a station mgr in ABE and officially retired in 2001-december due to Delta outsourcing the entire ops in ABE and else where. May be someone can enlighten up on this to see if I am correct.

DL and AA were outsourcing way before US did.

But Tim doesn't let the facts get in the way of his posts.

Delta Global Services and other vendors have been doing the ramp here in CLT for at least five years since DL outsourced their own people as did AA. And CO is worked by ATS.

ok thanks. what does ATS stand for do you know? I didnt know AA had been outsourcing for yrs. thanks for the info

Allied Terminal Services.

AA set up AMR Combs, ground handling years ago to vendor their ramp work out.

DL and AA were outsourcing way before US did.

But Tim doesn't let the facts get in the way of his posts.

Delta Global Services and other vendors have been doing the ramp here in CLT for at least five years since DL outsourced their own people as did AA. And CO is worked by ATS.

US AIRWAYS has always outsourced as far back as I remember. The IAM has not stopped outsourcing but accelerated it. Once the IAM was voted in, more outsourcing followed. 700, once again, you can not show where the IAM has actually helped anyone. The IAM's new 2 tier pay system based on hub status is also a newbie to this industry. Nothing like another union leading the way in industry [sub]standards.
And I can name about 85 stations where the IAM has agreed to let vending services do US AIRWAYS ramp, freight, etc.

Paying $500 a year never helped anyone keep their IAM job unless you mug a TWU rep. In fact, the IAM has been so aweful that the company has actually thrown more crumbs to fleet service by paying their dues each month with the $50 deposits. IAM takes money out, company puts money in. And the company doesn't have to do that since it is non-negotiated.
And I'll ask again 700 for the 10th time, are you aware that your putrid IAM pension plan was a $48.2 million concession???? If so then kindly stop shouting how great a benefit it is when in fact it was a 'painful' concession.
Don't let the facts get in your way.

regards,

Guess you forgot about all the outsourcing that took place after YOU filed short on cards!

The pension plan is not a concession, it was gain for the employees.

Guess you forgot the loss of mail, express, freight and catering in 1992.

Guess you don't seem to understand a 401k is money out of your pocket and not everyone participated.

And does anyone remember the total dollar amount of the first concession? Since timmy is saying the IAMNPF was $48 million you would not to have taken any other concessions since your bogey # was around that I think.

Only in 700's iam world is a 48 million dollar concession a Gain. Perhaps this may explain why the iam is the experts when it comes to negotiating the Industry Leading Concessions contracts. The iam veiws them as gains.

Just another reason the iam must be replaced by a union that can tell differences between a concession and a gain.

Only the iam can take workers wages back to 1980 levels, while taking sick time back to probly 1930s level, I dont really know even in the 1950s my dad recieved sick pay at a non-union outfit. the iam also took holidays and vacations back to 1950s level. Now claim it could be worse if they were not here to negotiate for us!!!

TWU come on, the workers are ready to dump the iam!!! Look how easy it was to get the cards you needed. If the iam had been representing the fsa's, getting cards would have been a difficult task.

Let's have this election, lets get rid of this iam. The iam know they will lose an election, just like alaska and united. When the iam members have have a choice in unions, the iam are LOSERS. :up:

Guess you forgot about all the outsourcing that took place after YOU filed short on cards!

The pension plan is not a concession, it was gain for the employees.

Guess you forgot the loss of mail, express, freight and catering in 1992.

Guess you don't seem to understand a 401k is money out of your pocket and not everyone participated.

And does anyone remember the total dollar amount of the first concession? Since timmy is saying the IAMNPF was $48 million you would not to have taken any other concessions since your bogey # was around that I think.

700, the 401k was only money out of cleaners pocket, not fleet service's. Get the facts right! The base 401k plan of company contributions was never conditioned on the employee contribution. You apparently are getting this confused and should 'revisit' your sources. Fleet service did also have a company match also, and a profit sharing. But both were separate from 401k base.

I suppose it is pointless to argue with you about the IAM pension since you spewed your ignorance all over the walls by saying the IAM pension was not a concession. The facts were that it was in fact, 100%, no doubt, positively, a 48.2 million concession. I believe it was the second biggest 'numbers' concession but may have been the third after pay and health care. I got to double check. But it was $48.2 concession, there is no doubt about that.

If you choose to insist that it wasn't then you are either delusional, IAM junkie, ignorant to the truth, or a 'full blown'liar with intent. One thing we know is that as a cleaner, you weren't privy to fleet service Local Chairman meetings where we went over this stuff.

Kindly, revisit your 'sources' and clean up your position. -5 pts for you.

regards,

Enlighten us on how it was a $48.2 million concession, facts, not your typical BS.

Enlighten us on how it was a $48.2 million concession, facts, not your typical BS.

Glad to see you got the number right. Maybe Diogenes can chime in. If he's who I think he is, then he knows the concessionary amounts.
I'm not sure of the complete concessionary amount of the entire package, but the IAM Pension was 48.2 million concession.
Since you insist, I'll put up a total concessionary amounts when I get time this weekend. Give me some time, I got to dig up the paperwork that was handed out by the IAM experts.

regards,

Ramp pre union 17.88/hr...IAM?

That is correct. in 1994 ramp topped out at 17.88 plus shiftdirrerential in all stations. now if u are lucky enough to be in a large station( only about 6 or 7 stations) top out is 17.00 while rest of system is 15.00 and paying TEN times more in medical with NO shift diff. less half vaacations and holidays and no sick pay. so in real money it really is a lot less than 15 or seventeen dollars.

This is what the iam has accomplished after 3 trips at the negotiating table.

Now can u understand why the ramp has been saying...hey hey...ho ho the iam HAS GOT TO GO!!!!

Yep dont let what happened to the industry after 9/11 effect your postings or the record high price of jet fuel.

Every legacy has taken concession and only two have not been or are in bankruptcy.

Don't let the facts get in your way!

Yep dont let what happened to the industry after 9/11 effect your postings or the record high price of jet fuel.

Every legacy has taken concession and only two have not been or are in bankruptcy.

Don't let the facts get in your way!

every legacy has not been in bankruptcy. However, non-union Delta has been but what's your point? Even them non-union delta dudes are making more than the US AIRWAYS rampers who got IAm'd.

700, honestly, if you were in a debate they would have stopped the debate and reminded you that your argument is nonsensical if not delusional. Kindly, review this thread, and clean up your position because you are bringing no value to this discussion when you make blanket statements that don't give any reason for anyone to actually keep the IAM.
Consider the following:
When I say, "THese are the reasons why the IAM should get the boot..." You should reply something like "This or that is what the IAM has done so you should keep them" And proceed to "Show" your talk with examples. Simply saying, "Everyone else in the industry got screwed" isn't good enough to continue paying $500 to an organization. Show where the IAM actually made a difference.

regards,

Back