Line Premium

amtide

Advanced
Mar 5, 2012
Tech Service have $2.55 dollars of line premium. They support us at the line and deserve to have the premium but we the AMT's are the ones signing the log book every day and been watch by the FAA very close. We have the final decision, we are signing for the work accomplished. For this reason we should be treated the same. If AA want to negotiate in good faith that is a good point to start.

The only way we are going to vote for an offer or a TA is if we are treated fair as per industry standards. Remember the company want to get rid of all protections in the contract so nothing will avoid them RIF as many as they want, we been thru that before. We can not thrust anything that is not in writing.

Tech Service have $2.55 dollars of line premium. They support us at the line and deserve to have the premium but we the AMT's are the ones signing the log book every day and been watch by the FAA very close. We have the final decision, we are signing for the work accomplished. For this reason we should be treated the same. If AA want to negotiate in good faith that is a good point to start.

The only way we are going to vote for an offer or a TA is if we are treated fair as per industry standards. Remember the company want to get rid of all protections in the contract so nothing will avoid them RIF as many as they want, we been thru that before. We can not thrust anything that is not in writing.

The possibility exists that someone from the TWU can explain why it is that way. I am sure that Anomaly and RealalityCk would have some input from their respective points of view.

Keep in mind, the guys in Tech Services voted their T/A in back when we voted ours down in 2010. So they entered bk already at a higher rate among other aspects.
Also, remember, how many techs are there? 70, 80, 90? I really don't know.

Kind of funny to have techs based in AFW or TUL getting a "LINE" premium..
But good for them.

The moral of this story is that had we voted in our T/A in 2010, and even IF the company STILL filed BK, we would have entered BK at a higher rate of pay among other things.

Go look at the techs contract and ME-TOO gains....
We would be lucky to get that at this point.

Yes, I know hindsight is 20/20, but I can't tell you how many guys who voted NO on the TA, would take that contract over what we are facing today.

Keep in mind, the guys in Tech Services voted their T/A in back when we voted ours down in 2010. So they entered bk already at a higher rate among other aspects.
Also, remember, how many techs are there? 70, 80, 90? I really don't know.

Kind of funny to have techs based in AFW or TUL getting a "LINE" premium..
But good for them.

The moral of this story is that had we voted in our T/A in 2010, and even IF the company STILL filed BK, we would have entered BK at a higher rate of pay among other things.

Go look at the techs contract and ME-TOO gains....
We would be lucky to get that at this point.

Yes, I know hindsight is 20/20, but I can't tell you how many guys who voted NO on the TA, would take that contract over what we are facing today.

The one thing that sticks out in your post is your statement concerning the number of techs.

Is that a sufficient reason for allowing for a line premium?

Possibly the line mechanics should receive $2.25 per hour, given that the basis for compensation is not quality but the number of mechanics per aircraft?

Buck, always have to bring up that overhaul line division? Just can't leave it alone can you?

Buck, always have to bring up that overhaul line division? Just can't leave it alone can you?
I the intent is not the division, but the unification of the line and overhaul. I am for a line premium, even at a cost to me. The point is why do the Techs receive $2.55 and the line does not? Population is not a reason to prevent compensation for the line.

If all of the no voters, give up now you are all a bunch of idiots and deserve all the crap AA gives you.
Do not trade jobs for money. The jobs are going away with the retirement of the fleet. The Idiots at 514 now say vote yes to save their own hives.

The one thing that sticks out in your post is your statement concerning the number of techs.

Is that a sufficient reason for allowing for a line premium?

Possibly the line mechanics should receive $2.25 per hour, given that the basis for compensation is not quality but the number of mechanics per aircraft?

If I recall correctly, we originally had the $2.55 line premium with the 2010 T/A but then president Luis pulled it from us.

If I recall correctly, we originally had the $2.55 line premium with the 2010 T/A but then president Luis pulled it from us.
no, he failed to support Geo after he went around the line stations saying he would supoport it.

Latest posts

Back