Lisa Cooper, aka flydcoop

jimntx

Veteran
Jun 28, 2003
Dallas, TX
www.usaviation.com
Lisa Cooper, who posted here as flydcoop, died of lung cancer last night. She was a beloved flight attendant in STL, and formerly was an agent at MIA. She was a dear friend, and I shall miss her greatly.

Requiescat in Pace, Lisa.

Lisa Cooper, who posted here as flydcoop, died of lung cancer last night. She was a beloved flight attendant in STL, and formerly was an agent at MIA. She was a dear friend, and I shall miss her greatly.

Requiescat in Pace, Lisa.

I had the pleasure of getting to know Coop and she fought a courageous battle. My thoughts and prayers are with her friends and family. Another "angel" to watch over us.

I too,......had the REAL pleasure of Exchanging..............MANY...MANY..."PM's" with coop, and I shall miss her Greatly !!

After she got her "bad news" she told me that...."IF anyone is Smoking, they NEED to stop YESTERDAY" !!

As usual,...........Coop was right about that, and MANY-MANY other things !!

R I P...Coop !!!

I always enjoyed her posts. She seemed like a gutsy classy gal...I'm sorry I never got the chance to fly with her. My thoughts are with her family and friends.

Coop,

Not the first AA F/A I flew with, but nearly, and certainly the first I remember...

We were all a little gun-shy in those first days at SLT, it took Coop about 2 seconds to make it clear it was all gonna' be alright...

Godspeed...and thanks...

All of us here at USAviation.com are saddened by this news and we pass along our thoughts and condolences to her friends and family.

I read a little about this lady on another site and really wish I'd had the opportunity to say hello at some time or another.

Slán abhaile, Laoise

So sad about Lisa, we never officially met but PM'd and emailed. My sympathies and prayers to those who loved her.

She will be missed. I went through training and later lived with her. She loved these message boards!

My thoughts & prayers to her family,friends & coworkers.

I attended a very touching memorial service for Coop in STL today. Her dear friend Tom spoke of her brave fight, her last days, and her generous spirit. Coop was the kind of person that made you believe she would be here "forever". There were too many times I thought, "I'll call her tomorrow". Lesson for all, don't ever wait until tomorrow. Many of you experienced Coop's wit, thoughts on the state of "things", and her genuine love of being a flight attendant. She always told me how much she wanted to fly again. I would have loved to work with her. I feel honored to have known her for a short time and I will remember her laugh, her hair, and how much she loved her friends. They will have a wonderful memory of her to sustain them during the time of loss. While she was lucky to have so many who cared about her, they are truly the lucky ones for having her in their lives. My sincere condolences.

As a side note, Tom spoke of finding a box in Coop's home that held every boarding pass from every flight she had non rev'ed on.... This reminds me of TWA's beloved Karen James. The day she died from the same horrible illness as Lisa, it was noted that it was also the day her passport expired. Flight attendants!

Latest posts