Lives Unraveled

Status
Not open for further replies.

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
Lives unraveled

An ex-worker, with his his family, is comforted by his doctor after breaking down from stress (after his company filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy).

Complete Story

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

Attachments

• Lives_unraveled.doc
    19 KB · Views: 253
You make me sick. Period. Stop trying to scare people. I will no longer read your posts. Sad to say the least....

ACrazy8:

This article is the reality that faces many US Airways employees, especially those living in Pittsburgh and Charlotte, which are smaller communities less able to absorb the shock of thousands of unemployed workers.

I continue to believe it’s in the best interests of ALPA and the company’s other labor groups to reach new accords prior to a potential bankruptcy filing. Then if these deals are unacceptable, rather than to fight the change, as Dave Siegel said, "If it doesn't work, I'd encourage you to support the change, and then go on and find something else. It's better to have a job when you're trying to find another job."

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

Plant bringing 103 jobs to Eden. Will move into old Pilowtex building. Will ofer better jobs with more pay than Pillowtex.

7-30-04

By Lanita Withers Staff Writer
News & Record

WENTWORTH -- An Indiana-based boiler manufacturer will locate an assembly and distribution plant in Eden, bringing 103 jobs to the county.

Weil-McLain is expected to open in early 2005 and will invest $6.9 million into the area, company officials said at a press conference Thursday, held jointly with Gov. Mike Easley at Rockingham Community College.

"Weil-McLain is coming to Eden to bring 103 good-paying jobs to 103 hard-working families here in Rockingham County, North Carolina," he said. "These jobs are good jobs, jobs that require skills."

Weil-McLain, a 123-year-old company based in Michigan City, Ind., makes cast iron boilers for residential and commercial use.

Workers at the Eden plant will assemble the boilers from parts manufactured elsewhere, then package and ship the goods.

The company is moving into the former Pillowtex blanket mill -- a 412,000-square-foot building -- at 523 S. New St., near Draper.

The company president "was excited about the work force, finding people ready and willing to go to work," Duncan said.

The company will hire assemblers and material handlers as well as finance and human resources positions for the plant. Workers will receive an hourly salary starting at $12 to $14. (Usairways offering $7.00 starting pay, $13.00 topout :down: )

USA320Pilot said:
ACrazy8:

This article is the reality that faces many US Airways employees, especially those living in Pittsburgh and Charlotte, which are smaller communities less able to absorb the shock of thousands of unemployed workers.

I continue to believe it’s in the best interests of ALPA and the company’s other labor groups to reach new accords prior to a potential bankruptcy filing. Then if these deals are unacceptable, rather than to fight the change, as Dave Siegel said, "If it doesn't work, I'd encourage you to support the change, and then go on and find something else. It's better to have a job when you're trying to find another job."

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
Pittsburgh has been there done that, We lost the steel industry here. Its not as bleek a picture as you paint it.

USA320Pilot...AKA...

You are beyond words. Obviously it's all about you. I feel tremendously sorry for you and you and you. Whichever, personality or identity you choose to be.

As Nancy Reagan once said...JUST SAY NO...as in NO WAY JOSE...as in NADA..ZIP..ZERO..ZILCH.

Bruce or Dave...Take it to the bank...ruptcy.

If you read what the company wants from each union, besides alpa, how can you say it is in their "best interest"? The offer to the CWA is just plain NUTS. I wouldn't vote for it and you wouldn't vote for it.
It seems they already know what the reactions will be. Its by design. By the way, I dont even think alpa liked dave so why do you quote him? Really.

USA320Pilot said:
An ex-worker, with his his family, is comforted by his doctor after breaking down from stress (after his company filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy).
There aren't enough words to express my contempt at your passive-aggressive, manipulative, and self serving ways.

You are the lowest form of life I have ever encountered on any message board.

Have you no shame, nor conscience?

Remember, one reaps what one sows.

Disgusted,

Dilligas

PineyBob said:
[You are the lowest form of life I have ever encountered on any message board.
I think this is NOT the type of comment that is appropriate. I think the moderators should find a place for you in the TALL Corn
So be it. Certain posters on here are allowed to constantly get away with off topic posts, name calling, etc. He's obviously "untouchable", no one may criticize him without being threatened, or thrown off the board.

It's long been obvious what a phony you are with your own self serving agenda. Your preoccupation with this loser airline is pathetic and shows how empty your life truly is.

For anyone to suggest he has any compassion for his fellow employees is ludicrous. It is now, and always has been, all about him. Something I know you can identify with.

Have fun at your silly little bug party.

Good luck to the good and decent employees left at U.

Those stupid textile workers!!! If they had matched their Chinese collegues pay at 25 cents an hour they would still have a job! :huh:

On another note, USA320pilot this is where you lose a lot of credibility with everyone with the doom and gloom scenerio. Why don't you just call yourself "Black Cloud" or something.

The sidebar in the article says that nearly half of the people did not even a HS diploma or GED and 500 of them didn't speak English. Those considerations are certainly worth considering in the marketability of those employees; I doubt if many, if any, USAirways employee fits in either of those categories. Also the job market in a rural area is substantially different in the cities which US serves.
The pivotal point is still that many employees can now make more money working elsewhere and have no incentive to see US survive. Until US changes that key point or successfully moves existing unwanted employees out without disrupting the operation, US' future will remain very uncertain.

With apologies in advance for going meta...

320, that was really unnecessary. Worse yet, it's completely counterproductive to your rather obvious agenda.

While I won't go as far as Dilligas, I will say that you are doing a disservice to yourself, to your employer, and to this board.

They make medication for your problem A320. You should see your physician. That was a very unprofessional act. :down:

And I do not say this lightly. As you can see, I have been a member for some time and very low postings. It takes a lot to get a response. Sorry for you dude.

:down: U makes me sick. So doesn't many others on this board. I am beginning to regret every coming on this place. I am really tired of of the MWeisses and the Piney Bobs talking about me, me, me....,they WHO have never even worked for this Company......!!!!!! :down: :down:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back