Local 514 vote yes rally

enough already

Veteran
Jan 8, 2003
TWU urges workers to accept AMR offer
Updated: 2 minutes ago

Tulsa's Transport Workers Union is urging American Airlines workers to accept a proposal that would save jobs.

The push Wednesday was labeled as "an important announcement about the future of American Airlines work in Tulsa."

AMR, American Airlines' parent company, presented a contract proposal last week, calling it its best and final offer.

The proposal says there will be fewer layoffs and a pay raise of 7.5 percent for TWU members.

Tulsa could also receive additional workers as a result of the contract as employees from the Fort Worth facility would be relocated. Those employees would go to Dallas and/or Tulsa.

Approximately one-third of maintenance work performed in Tulsa would be outsourced under the plan, but the exact number of local jobs affected by it is unclear.

On Wednesday, TWU urged employees to vote to accept the offer in order to lessen job losses in Tulsa.

TWU says a yes vote would save about half of the jobs in Tulsa.

Voting on the proposal begins just after midnight tonight.

Wednesday's announcement started at 10 a.m. at Transport Workers Union Local 51, located at 11945 E. Pine Street.

2NEWS Reporter Casey Roebuck is following the developments. Stay with KJRH.com as the details become available.

Scripps Only Content 2012

Surprise! Surprise!
Yes it is obvious in the KRMG radio report that TWU Local 514 is taking a Yes position vs the Line Locals No position.

It is evident that it is a jobs vs quality jobs position.

STILL A SOLID NO VOTE HERE

These Local 514 Stooges have not been in my area since the last election cycle and now they think they are impotant enough to sway my vote? They come by every 3 years to ask for my vote, then once elected I never see them again.

All they have is FEAR

Since many of them are low seniority and RIF's would clear the hall out of many of them, of course they are yes votes.
But not to help you out any. Only about themselves.

Yes it is obvious in the KRMG radio report that TWU Local 514 is taking a Yes position vs the Line Locals No position.

It is evident that it is a jobs vs quality jobs position.

I do not wish to start a OH vs. Line debate. But after reading what is said on the TWU 514 website, it is understandable that they are are pushing the YES vote only because of JOBS. I understand it, I get it. Their concern is OH. Nowhere did they mention the WHOLE package as it pertains to everyone around the system. Its about jobs and mainly TUL jobs. I understand their priorities. But after viewing the vote NO video by local line presidents, it seems to me they expressed concerns about the whole full text as it affects everyone. not just line people.

Once again, it appears that OH is the center of the universe. AFW gone....NOOOOOOO problem....

In the end, the TWU is outta here.

Fear Is the only thing the company and the union are pushing. If this is put in place, there is no provisions for us to work on the 787 or the airbus. There is no definative numbers on how many early outs will be allowed. If you are being fed that we will get the work after the vote, you are sadly mistaken. As the md80 and 767and 757 go away so will JOBS. A no vote only means we go back to negotiations. The judge has already set the bar with Hostess not allowing them to end contracts that have expired. Hostess was tring to ride Americans coat tails in the very same court that we are in.There is a reason the pilots and flight attendants are waiting to go back to court. It is not time to get I got mine syndrome. For once it is not time to play the line against overhaul, it is time we stood as a group and say NO. We need to send the TWU packing and get leadership that we can hold accountable for how we are represented. I say we go down swinging as a group instead of being led to slaughter like a bunch of sheep

I do not wish to start a OH vs. Line debate. But after reading what is said on the TWU 514 website, it is understandable that they are are pushing the YES vote only because of JOBS. I understand it, I get it. Their concern is OH. Nowhere did they mention the WHOLE package as it pertains to everyone around the system. Its about jobs and mainly TUL jobs. I understand their priorities. But after viewing the vote NO video by local line presidents, it seems to me they expressed concerns about the whole full text as it affects everyone. not just line people.

Once again, it appears that OH is the center of the universe. AFW gone....NOOOOOOO problem....

In the end, the TWU is outta here.
Let's all do our best not to make this a Line/OH debate.

Local 514 is saving jobs not quality jobs.
As soon as they have achieved that goal Local 514 and the company will meter out those putting in for early out.
There is little danger of running out of mechanics as they will or already have setup employee sources where mechanics can be obtained, such as the maintenance training schools like Spartan. A new breed of mechanics starting at the entry level of the OSM, only to become a full mechanic when a mechanic retires.

Let's all do our best not to make this a Line/OH debate.

Local 514 is saving jobs not quality jobs.
As soon as they have achieved that goal Local 514 and the company will meter out those putting in for early out.
There is little danger of running out of mechanics as they will or already have setup employee sources where mechanics can be obtained, such as the maintenance training schools like Spartan. A new breed of mechanics starting at the entry level of the OSM, only to become a full mechanic when a mechanic retires.

I agree, I did not intend to. I tried as considerately as possible to understand 514's reasoning.
I've prided myself on always hearing the other side's rationale.
Although TUL would be taking the biggest hit with respect to job losses, we need to remind people that members are affected all over the system as well. Not just TUL.

I agree, I did not intend to. I tried as considerately as possible to understand 514's reasoning.
I've prided myself on always hearing the other side's rationale.
Although TUL would be taking the biggest hit with respect to job losses, we need to remind people that members are affected all over the system as well. Not just TUL.

The AA/TWU intimidators will never convince me to vote yes on such an anti-union offer using verbal fear and threats,

The only way I could ever see myself voting yes on something like this is if they strap me down and subject me to waterboarding for hours.

Otherwise.....HELL NO!

If they are serious about how voting "YES" saves jobs then draw the line at the 50% of jobs saved and apply system protection to who is left otherwise it is only a soft promise and there is nothing stopping the company from laying you off anyway in the future.

An OldGuy stood across the street from the main gate with a vote no sign yesterday from about 1:15 to 3:00. I got quite a few honks on the horn. I was surprised to see that most looked to be about the age where the layoffs would include them. Some would not even look at me, which shows me that they knew they should vote no but won't. I am hoping for enough no votes in Tulsa to add to the line votes and defeat this thing. By the way, do you think the TWU left the 1.5% raises and 401K match out of the company's ask sheet by mistake? haha. Misinformation again from good ole TWU international. I wonder if Sam gets an international job if this passes?

An OldGuy stood across the street from the main gate with a vote no sign yesterday from about 1:15 to 3:00. I got quite a few honks on the horn. I was surprised to see that most looked to be about the age where the layoffs would include them. Some would not even look at me, which shows me that they knew they should vote no but won't. I am hoping for enough no votes in Tulsa to add to the line votes and defeat this thing. By the way, do you think the TWU left the 1.5% raises and 401K match out of the company's ask sheet by mistake? haha. Misinformation again from good ole TWU international. I wonder if Sam gets an international job if this passes?
I saw you didnt honk but im a hell no and im a 97 senority

Which reminds me! I wonder how Gorden will vote?------On second thought, forget it! I didn't ask! He probley won't come up from under Little's desk long enough to vote! And from what I've heard, it's getting pretty crowded under there!

Line and base should be pulling together against this offer. Apparently we are not, hope to be wrong and have a good surprise. When I read about the rally for a yes vote in TUL is difficult not to think that is more what separete us than what bring us together. We have different interests perhaps we should have separete contracts but this is almost impossible. Hope things change and we be in the same page in the future. Do I said before my vote is NO?

Line and base should be pulling together against this offer. Apparently we are not, hope to be wrong and have a good surprise. When I read about the rally for a yes vote in TUL is difficult not to think that is more what separete us than what bring us together. We have different interests perhaps we should have separete contracts but this is almost impossible. Hope things change and we be in the same page in the future. Do I said before my vote is NO?
This continuing pitch to separate line and oh. Why not replace the current industrial union and see if that makes some changes to help the mechanics.

Back