Local 514 vote yes rally

How can Hewitt say he and 514 is not endorsing a yes vote ?
http://twu514.org/blog/2012/05/09/krmg-interview-with-john-hewitt/

Little rallys in NYC then heads to T Town to rally for the company WTF
VOTE NO the twu is playing you guys once again

TWU urges workers to accept AMR offer
Updated: 2 minutes ago

Tulsa's Transport Workers Union is urging American Airlines workers to accept a proposal that would save jobs.

The push Wednesday was labeled as "an important announcement about the future of American Airlines work in Tulsa."

AMR, American Airlines' parent company, presented a contract proposal last week, calling it its best and final offer.

The proposal says there will be fewer layoffs and a pay raise of 7.5 percent for TWU members.

Tulsa could also receive additional workers as a result of the contract as employees from the Fort Worth facility would be relocated. Those employees would go to Dallas and/or Tulsa.

Approximately one-third of maintenance work performed in Tulsa would be outsourced under the plan, but the exact number of local jobs affected by it is unclear.

On Wednesday, TWU urged employees to vote to accept the offer in order to lessen job losses in Tulsa.

TWU says a yes vote would save about half of the jobs in Tulsa.

Voting on the proposal begins just after midnight tonight.

Wednesday's announcement started at 10 a.m. at Transport Workers Union Local 51, located at 11945 E. Pine Street.

2NEWS Reporter Casey Roebuck is following the developments. Stay with KJRH.com as the details become available.

Scripps Only Content 2012

When Union workers start listening to the local Chamber of Commerce people, one of the most unti-union institutions in the country you know that Labor movement is in trouble, when AA gets them to do this you know they are just trying to get that 50% +1

It amazes me that the 514 Local Leadership thinks that most of us are that stupid not to hear what they are saying and how they are saying it. I predict the "Last Best offer" will pass in Tulsa by 65% to 35% because 514 is scaring the lower seniority people into job losses if they do not support it. [Repeat of 2003] The people close to retirement are going to take the 39K and run. The 50-55 year old 24+ years service are getting hosed severely in this offer.Nothing in the LBO for us!!!
How can someone voluntarily agree to a 6 year plus PIECE OF CRAP??? Just because someone hands you a loaded gun does not mean you have to shoot yourself with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope I'm wrong.

VOTE NO! REJECT!

Let's all do our best not to make this a Line/OH debate.

Local 514 is saving jobs not quality jobs.

Are they? Or are they falling into the same trap as MCI? If the intent is to save jobs then why is the company insisting on getting ridof system protection? Why not offer to "adjust" it like they did in 2003?

Read the language, what we would be agreeing to is allowing another 35% of our current work to be outsourced and there is no cut off point on the layoffs. We have no contractual claim on the A320 or 787. Maintenence work and costs will likely decrease as the MD-80s and 757s go away, that means more jobs lost without even being factored in to that in additional 35% outsourcing. They only changed their demand from 40% to 35%. 5% of 9500 mechanics is 475 jobs. If they claim the change may protect 475 jobs that would more accurate, but then we still would have to factor in what the effect of the MD-80s and 757s will have on future staffing needs. There is no language protecting the jobs some are claiming to be saving, just a gentlemans agreement with a lot of assumptions on the other parties intent. Well iif they decide to cut the jobs later and end up in arbitration the company has clear language, they can outsource that additional 35%, what does the union have? How well did we fare back in 2003 with the one time roll back on system protection grievance?

This continuing pitch to separate line and oh. Why not replace the current industrial union and see if that makes some changes to help the mechanics.

Willing to consider anything different to what we have now. Anything that helps is welcome.

An OldGuy stood across the street from the main gate with a vote no sign yesterday from about 1:15 to 3:00. I got quite a few honks on the horn. I was surprised to see that most looked to be about the age where the layoffs would include them. Some would not even look at me, which shows me that they knew they should vote no but won't. I am hoping for enough no votes in Tulsa to add to the line votes and defeat this thing. By the way, do you think the TWU left the 1.5% raises and 401K match out of the company's ask sheet by mistake? haha. Misinformation again from good ole TWU international. I wonder if Sam gets an international job if this passes?

I think Sam believes what he is being told and is doing what he feels is the right thing to do. I do not believe that he would intentionally mislead anyone.

The 1.5% raises, 401k match and Profit sharing were in the original ask, and the March 22 term sheet, they were mentioned in court and now in order to try and get the 50% +1 they are saying they arent there. The company has lied before, they claimed that only a very small percentage would be affected if they dumped the Pension in the PBGC, then when we said go ahead dump it they changed their minds and said thousands would be and decided to freeze it. Why the change of heart? Did the PBGC threaten to expose their $3 billion in profits business plan and get the Judge to reject their application for rejection? Did the other creditors who would make out like bandits object to having their shares watered down by sharing them with the PBGC? Who knows, but we should have learned that we can not trust what they tell us.

Like I've said before, we are the only group voting on this. This is from pre-1113 negotiations. We would be bailing out before things get hot, the real talks start after the 14th and will likely be at their highest temp on June 6th. Why not at least take it as far as the pilots and FAs?

Line and base should be pulling together against this offer.
AFW and DWH are bases and their leaders are pushing VOTE NO.

We are voting whether or not to bail out of this before we even get to make a case to the Judge. There are a lot of things that are very different than prior BK filings here.

First off AA had over $4 billion when they filed and things have already improved for the company.
None of our competitors have a contract anything remotely similar in its entirety as to waht AA is asking from us. We are already at the bottom.
According to the business plan AA presented to the courts they would be profitable without even touching our contracts, any of them, according to their testimony they would still be pulling down $1.75 billion without any changes to any labor agreement, that would still leave them the most profitable carrier out there. Yet despite all this some want us to just accept this. Why not wait and see what comes out of the next 4 weeks?

Correction Bob, AFW is now a F### NO! Union meetings today at 12 and 330 were full of pissed off AMT's, and OSM's. Orange Vote NO badges everywhere. President Pike and his board told the membership individually that they were voting NO, But Larry's Vice President got up and walked out and did not say what he was voting.

I think Sam believes what he is being told and is doing what he feels is the right thing to do. I do not believe that he would intentionally mislead anyone.

The 1.5% raises, 401k match and Profit sharing were in the original ask, and the March 22 term sheet, they were mentioned in court and now in order to try and get the 50% +1 they are saying they arent there. The company has lied before, they claimed that only a very small percentage would be affected if they dumped the Pension in the PBGC, then when we said go ahead dump it they changed their minds and said thousands would be and decided to freeze it. Why the change of heart? Did the PBGC threaten to expose their $3 billion in profits business plan and get the Judge to reject their application for rejection? Did the other creditors who would make out like bandits object to having their shares watered down by sharing them with the PBGC? Who knows, but we should have learned that we can not trust what they tell us.

Like I've said before, we are the only group voting on this. This is from pre-1113 negotiations. We would be bailing out before things get hot, the real talks start after the 14th and will likely be at their highest temp on June 6th. Why not at least take it as far as the pilots and FAs?

AFW and DWH are bases and their leaders are pushing VOTE NO.

We are voting whether or not to bail out of this before we even get to make a case to the Judge. There are a lot of things that are very different than prior BK filings here.

First off AA had over $4 billion when they filed and things have already improved for the company.
None of our competitors have a contract anything remotely similar in its entirety as to waht AA is asking from us. We are already at the bottom.
According to the business plan AA presented to the courts they would be profitable without even touching our contracts, any of them, according to their testimony they would still be pulling down $1.75 billion without any changes to any labor agreement, that would still leave them the most profitable carrier out there. Yet despite all this some want us to just accept this. Why not wait and see what comes out of the next 4 weeks?

Bob when will you stop lying. The 3/22 term sheet states the raises and the match are not happening if deal is not ratified. Prime example why you should not be listening to anyone who tells you how to vote. Read it yourself and understand Bob is lying to further his line maintenance agenda.

http://www.RestructuringAMR.com/documents/MechanicsandRelated1113termsheet3-22-12_000.pdf

read the companies side by side on jetnet so I call you a liar plain and simple prove that wrong

The people close to retirement are going to take the 39K and run.

VOTE NO! REJECT!

Ya think so! Read that portion closely. It states
  1. The Company maintains discretion as to the number of employees provided this Early Out incentive allowance.....

Its just another carrot...!!!

Ya think so! Read that portion closely. It states  
  1. The Company maintains discretion as to the number of employees provided this Early Out incentive allowance.....
Its just another carrot...!!!

Exactly....and with how much the medical is going the cost the under 65 guys they'll burn right thru that buyout.

But thats exactly what it is, an OH verses Line debate. Lets at least be honest here. The line guys are just as greedy as the company. If you OH goes away, who you gonna call to fix the planes. There is more to it than just checking the oil and kicking the tires. It's pretty obvious who the real stooges are. Yeah, vote your principals and see what that gets ya. Idiots.

But thats exactly what it is, an OH verses Line debate. Lets at least be honest here. The line guys are just as greedy as the company. If you OH goes away, who you gonna call to fix the planes. There is more to it than just checking the oil and kicking the tires. It's pretty obvious who the real stooges are. Yeah, vote your principals and see what that gets ya. Idiots.

With all the seniority in OH, don't you think there are quite a few line guys worried about getting bumped to the street?

I don't recall Bob Owens ever saying "screw OH" like the TUL leadership told the line local presidents in negotiations pertaining to LM.

But guess what, one way or another, unfortunately OH's numbers will be reduced.
And they will be so reduced that the great voting majority they enjoy now will be a thing of the past.
The TWU will be gone and the chickens will come home to roost.

Back