Local 70 race gets childish

Wolf,

You are usually "spot on", but I would n't trust one single word Laura spews. She is the Queen of lies and exaggertions. I have caught her often times adding to a story to suit her needs and twisting the facts, or just forgetting the facts and presenting information as if it were fact.

I've learned in my dealings with Laura, whatever she states, its the total opposite. Her and Luther were one of a kind and why, why, why PHL would vote her in as President at the time, instead of Roger Holmin who was running against her is beyond anyones logic and comprehension. At least with Roger, he was sincere, committed and would try his best to give the f/a the best he could offer.

Laura didn't respect the group and used them to enhance her financial situation.

If Andy didn't want to work with her, its because she was basically worthless as a rep and I'm sure, without knowing Andy, he didn't want to be guided by her inept leadership.

No truer words have been spoken.

As a customer who meets many types of leaders in a variety of businesses I can interject here without knowing all of the AFA interworkings.

When you deal with the likes of a Jerry Glass the ONLY way to get respect is to come "Armed & Dangerous".

Know every word, sentence & paragraph BETTER than he does!!

Have the contract in your bag and be prepared to B%tch slap him with it. Figuratively of course :D

Cultivate a relationship with the media. Companies HATE bad press.

All you need do is observe the lengths Glass went to to drum Teddy out! Very simply put, he couldn't bully her so she had to go and NOW just look at the mess you all find yourself in.

Whoever is elected needs to be able to sit down across the table from Glass and Heminway, look the 2 of them straight in the eyes and say "F@#K YOU" and mean it. These guys thrive on self serving politicaly ambitous weaklings. I've had so called "Union Buster" Attorneys as customers. I know how they operate. The problem isn't with them it's with the union leadership. All guys like Jerry do is pit you against one another. Look at the wedge the whole thing with Teddy caused. You all fell right into his trap and now instead of being the strongest union on the property, your probably the weakest. Look at all the recalls and turmoil. Jerry is probably sitting at home right now with a woody a yard long reading this thread.

Bob,

You are amazing.

You could reperesent the f/as or any group in a NY second. That is exactly how to deal with this managment.

I received AP's letter. If you join up for E-lines you will receive it. Most of the people who actually vote are the one's who receive those e-lines anyway. Just by sitting in the crew room the other day for a few hours, I saw so many f/a's go to their mailboxes..then walk straght over to the trash can and throw those papers out from the candidates. So, AP actually did a good thing by sending it by eline.

I received AP's letter. If you join up for E-lines you will receive it. Most of the people who actually vote are the one's who receive those e-lines anyway. Just by sitting in the crew room the other day for a few hours, I saw so many f/a's go to their mailboxes..then walk straght over to the trash can and throw those papers out from the candidates. So, AP actually did a good thing by sending it by eline.

If the f/as threw away the candidates campaign letters (after all that personal expense and time spent) its truly sad. Just because you send an E-line does not mean f/as read those too. I would know.

PHL will get whatever representation they elect and deserve. If they don't care to vote or be interested, then obviously they really don't care about their working conditions. Its not the company that changes those conditions for improvement...its the collective power of the f/as and those you elect to present change to management. If f/as don't pay attention or decide not to cast a vote, a candidate could win just on a few votes casted, and not have the ability or skill to formulate a plan for change to present to the MEC or the company.

Hopefully, this will not be the case.

If the f/as threw away the candidates campaign letters (after all that expense on them) its truly sad. Just because you send an E-line does not mean f/as read those too. I would know.
I know it has to be expensive and time consuming to make them and stuff the mailboxes of everyone..(TG had Hershey Kisses for every f/a) But..those papers are all over the crew room. On the tables, over by the computers, on top of the mailboxes and in the trash. I am sure most did not throw them out...but it was just interesting to see them go to their mailboxes and just trash them without bothering to read them. I myself was wondering where AP's was until I got home and saw it on an eline.

Wolf,

You are usually "spot on", but I would n't trust one single word Laura spews. She is the Queen of lies and exaggertions. I have caught her often times adding to a story to suit her needs and twisting the facts, or just forgetting the facts and presenting information as if it were fact.

I've learned in my dealings with Laura, whatever she states, its the total opposite. Her and Luther were one of a kind and why, why, why PHL would vote her in as President at the time, instead of Roger Holmin who was running against her is beyond anyones logic and comprehension. At least with Roger, he was sincere, committed and would try his best to give the f/a the best he could offer.

Laura didn't respect the group and used them to enhance her financial situation.

If Andy didn't want to work with her, its because she was basically worthless as a rep and I'm sure, without knowing Andy, he didn't want to be guided by her inept leadership.

Hey, she PM'd me.
Don't know if it's true or not.
Found it amusing that she did so as I was responding to Andrew.
I recall Andrew stateing something in his E-line about Union Representation, and I would also like to know if he did use the official Union e-mails to further his cause.
Sort of gives me a BAD feeling about his honesty.
I don't want to end up with the same shiit again.
Plus the guy wants to continue flying and spend 4 days in the office.
Seems similar to me.
I want strong representation, and I am sure he cannot deliver.
Thanks for the update on McCorkle, I'm voting for a woman the men are too feminine for me.

Just when we thought it was safe to go back in the water. :shock: Here LA is back with her mouth. This topic headline got it right- childish. :down:

Hey beachboy,

I'm voting for you, I hope you win.
If you want to serve beneath Andrew it's your "a**".

Now what makes you think I am on the ticket guys and girls? ;) Regardless, PHL needs to make their choice and put in good union reps. If people read the letters put out by the candidates I think we can see who will protect and represent us.

Whoever is elected needs to be able to sit down across the table from Glass and Heminway, look the 2 of them straight in the eyes and say "F@#K YOU" and mean it. These guys thrive on self serving politicaly ambitous weaklings. I've had so called "Union Buster" Attorneys as customers. I know how they operate.

sky high states: Bob, you're amazing. You stated why respect isnt apart of the equation. Well written!!!

ONLY stating opinions

Piney-
Good ideas no doubt. Now do we all think Carol Austin and Mike will do this? Huuuum.

I have not received any letters from anyone except AP.. are other peoples being sent out via the e- lines? For some strange reason, I believe that I am not receiving LEC E lines anymore. Can anyone tell me what "letters" form the candidates I have missed? :unsure:

Latest posts

Back