Looks like pilot error?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd be wise to read them and cease looking foolish by saying things like how fast you think someone is taxiing based on your view from 12A.
Sorry to disappoint. Observation was not made from 12A, but from the parking lot next to 1L-19R and based on the speed of the plane compared to the speed of the pickup on the outer road (who, FWIW, was travelling faster than the aircraft). Also, I am pretty sure that mga isn't a Southwest employee.

Sorry to disappoint. Observation was not made from 12A, but from the parking lot next to 1L-19R and based on the speed of the plane compared to the speed of the pickup on the outer road (who, FWIW, was travelling faster than the aircraft). Also, I am pretty sure that mga isn't a Southwest employee.

KC you are the real eptiomy of the general take on the peopel I know or have met that are from KC. The people from KC are just a bit odd. Don't know if it because you are in the forgotten city in the midwest and you have the better than thou attitude. Either way you and LUV deserve each other. Just like the rest of the people that shop at Walmart and live in the trailer park you guys are class. Lower class but a class none the less. Better let you go as I am sure Sams club is having a special on the 200lb bag of peanut brittle. Dat's some good eatin, ain't dat right now I do declare.

Climb aboard a Herb Turd and enjoy the freedom to slide off any runway you choose.

KC you are the real eptiomy of the general take on the peopel I know or have met that are from KC. The people from KC are just a bit odd. Don't know if it because you are in the forgotten city in the midwest and you have the better than thou attitude. Either way you and LUV deserve each other. Just like the rest of the people that shop at Walmart and live in the trailer park you guys are class. Lower class but a class none the less. Better let you go as I am sure Sams club is having a special on the 200lb bag of peanut brittle. Dat's some good eatin, ain't dat right now I do declare.

Climb aboard a Herb Turd and enjoy the freedom to slide off any runway you choose.
Mags...sorry to disappoint you, oh mighty skygods that you and bussie are. Talk about a "better than thou" attitude, you pilot types are right up there.

Hate to tell you, but I don't live in a trailer. Actually, because of some circumstances in my personal life, I own two homes in a rather...shall I say "upscale" part of the city. Won't shop at Sam's or Walmart since I sort of have a problem with the way they treat their people.

But you know, I'd rather sit next to a person who calls a trailer home than sit next to some self important pompous ass pilot type non-revving on a flight with me. Dey's so down to earth and not nearly so judgemental as dem flyboys.

As for the witty comment about accidents affecting this airline, all I can say is Whatever happened to Ernie Gann...you know, the guys who knew that Fate is the Hunter? Obviously they don't work for UAL...a good skygod at the controls should guarantee there won't ever be any more accidents involving United. But should there be, rest assured that I will show more class than you show towards SWA customers and employees.

Leave me out of it, KC, I like peanut brittle!! BTW, you clocked him with your truck?! What happened to the Prius? ;)

Bussie's/Magasu's comments speak far more about them than their unprofessional disparagement of peers while the NTSB still hasn't figured things out. Look back at their comments when the US/UAL merger was on the table. Look at Busboy's comments regarding JetBlue.

Busboy, safety isn't our Rubicon, your lack of professionalism is. You're one of those unfortunates who somehow feels better when they point out others' failings. Your posts speak far more of you and your (lack of) charachter than the subject at hand.

This is all I'll ever have to say re these two.

Magsau...United...it figures!!!

Bussie's/Magasu's comments speak far more about them than their unprofessional disparagement of peers while the NTSB still hasn't figured things out. Look back at their comments when the US/UAL merger was on the table. Look at Busboy's comments regarding JetBlue.

Busboy, safety isn't our Rubicon, your lack of professionalism is. You're one of those unfortunates who somehow feels better when they point out others' failings. Your posts speak far more of you and your (lack of) charachter than the subject at hand.

This is all I'll ever have to say re these two.

I see from your post that you're a liberal, ie you think that if you repeat a lie often enough, people will think it's the truth. Let's review the FACTS. I'll make them big since you seem to have trouble reading and I'll even make them colored to remind you of your extensive work in that coloring book last night.

1. I have NEVER disparaged the flying skills of the SWA pilot group as a whole. I have the utmost respect for the pilots at SWA

2. My gripe with SWA is now AND has always been about my opinion that they put speed and profit over safety.

3. I believe that in order to compete, other airlines will have to follow suit. An example is that we all now get to fly jets maintained (heavy MX) by unlicensed low bidders instead of certified professionals, something SWA has done from the beginning.

4. I even defended the decision of the Capt to not order an evac. you on the other hand brought up an incident from almost 10 years ago and cited the "failure" of an individual F/O and Capt to perfectly execute a very difficult manuever in very adverse conditions. In fact, they performed well enough.

5. If you fostered an atmosphere of rule breaking and corner cutting in the squadron you contend you'd have grounded me in, then I promise you, you wouldn't have had to. I would have refused to fly with you, and we would have been discussing YOUR unprofessional nature with the Wing King or the IG.

(mod note: Please do not use large text)

So lets see:
Rhino: our sh1t don't stink, no changes need to be made, I'm offended anyone would even suggest our sh1t stinks and if Busdrvr were in my squadron I would have grounded him for being the type aviator who questions the wisdom of some of our procedures that he feels are potentially unsafe. Oh, and we made money, you didn't, so that matters more.
Busdrvr: There are few "bad" pilots. the problems usually come from bad procedures or bad culture. One runway overrun, maybe a mistake on the part of a pilot. Pople make mistakes. When you hit three, that my friend is likely more an indication of poor procedure or culture. CHANGE THE CULTURE. Safety trumps profit EVERY DAY.

So who's the punk, Rhino?

Can we get back on topic and only the topic being addressed here? Leave out the personal attacks and problems. This thread will be closed if the off topic posting and bashing continues.
Thanks.

I will show more class than you show towards SWA customers and employees.

Class? I thought SW was proud to have "No Class". Come on, KC I suppose you are right we should wait and see what the real cause of the accident was before jumping to conclusions. Just like BUR we need to get the facts before we convict them for violating SOP's and running the plane off the end of the runway.

As for upscale homes in KC. Well pal you should really get out in the world. Upscale in KC is a bit different than upscale in the rest of the world.

As for Gann. Sure fate is the hunter. But you should attempt to put yourself as far from risk as possible. Something the SWA pilots have not done so well at lately.

As for upscale homes in KC. Well pal you should really get out in the world. Upscale in KC is a bit different than upscale in the rest of the world.
You're right mags...it sure is. What sells for a couple million in "happenin'" parts of the US can be had for about half a million here. Got a million bucks and want a 5,000 square foot home on a golf course? Take your pick...there are neighborhoods full of them here - and you'd still have half a million to spend "fixing the place up". Of course, we're a bunch of backward's rubes here, but it occurs to us that if a skygod pilot just had to take a pay cut from industry leading to industry laggard, he could still live like a king and commute. Heck....if you'd be willing to do it, you could live like you got a helluva pay INCREASE. But what do I know...I'm just an ignorant rube in flyover country. I thank heavens that you only see us from your lofty perch and feel too good to actually touch down here. KC is all the better for it.

As far as waiting...yep, you holier than thou skygods really should. After all, should you be involved in an "incident", would you welcome the arm chair quarterbacking? It'll most likely go down as pilot error...when metal bends on an airplane, it's usually pilot error. A couple of exceptions come to mind - UAL 232 (how you can work for the same company as Bill Records escapes me...a humble man indeed). Your commentary strikes me as whistling past the graveyard. There but for the grace of God you go.

[quote name='I'mRayFlyMe' post='336745' date='Dec 29 2005, 07:04 PM']Gee I'm really glad everyone here is following the Moderator's suggestion to keep the topic on track and avoid all the personal attacks.[/quote]

Funny thing is, I'm still wondering what it was I said that set mags off...if what he quoted sets him off like that, I'd hate to be a passenger on his plane when he finds out that the first officer is from Kansas City....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back