"Machinists, F/A's Likely Face Uphill Fight At Delta"

I commute on Delta, stay in a cpad run by a delta fa and have roommates on both floors who are Delta. None of them are voting for AFA. Maybe the more senior ones will, but the fas I come in contact with have less than 10 years seniority. On my commutes, when queiried, only one said she would vote for AFA. I used to fly for an airline that has AFA and I when I left that carrier to go back to mainline, I had 3 grievances filed. All over contract violations. AFA was useless.

I'm not sure it is accurate to say that the NLRB has no involvement in the DL/NW representation elections or that NLRB precedent will not be used in the representation process.

If the NLRB didn't have any influence, DL would not have been interested in who was appointed to the board but DL certainly has expressed such interest.

I am personally not sure how the RLA handles representation elections since they happen so rarely in industries governed by the RLA (most of which are already unionized)- and certainly not of the magnitude that will be involved in the DL/NW elections. If someone can shed light on how the process interfaces between all the governmental bodies that will be involved including the NMB, let us all know but I don't think it is at all accurate to say that the NLRB will be uninvolved either at the national or local office level or have no influence even from the perspective of precedent.

I'm not sure it is accurate to say that the NLRB has no involvement in the DL/NW representation elections or that NLRB precedent will not be used in the representation process.

If the NLRB didn't have any influence, DL would not have been interested in who was appointed to the board but DL certainly has expressed such interest.

I am personally not sure how the RLA handles representation elections since they happen so rarely in industries governed by the RLA (most of which are already unionized)- and certainly not of the magnitude that will be involved in the DL/NW elections. If someone can shed light on how the process interfaces between all the governmental bodies that will be involved including the NMB, let us all know but I don't think it is at all accurate to say that the NLRB will be uninvolved either at the national or local office level or have no influence even from the perspective of precedent.

NLRB doesn't apply to airlines (concerning election process). Never has.

I have worked many campaigns under the RLA and one under the NLRA, the NLRA and NLRB have NOTHING to do with airline union elections or contracts, that would be the NMB like I stated.

And elections under the RLA happen all the time, you just dont hear about them, if you go to www.nmb.gov you will see a list updated each month on determinations.

Here is a list from 2009: List