McCain Picks his VP

Mcain's VP choice was a horrible pick .... in the event of MR mcain's death she would become the next president of the united states ... i hear people talking about her values and how upright she is in the same way that they talked about our current president bush ... i won't be fooled again ... we need the most qualified person possible to be president ... that would normally be Mr mcain ...however his advanced age also means his VP pick is of the utmost imporatance .

A horrible econmic storm is coming , we need those poltical leaders who can devote themselves competely 24/7 to our countries upcoming problems , not poltical leaders who have 5 kids , one with down syndrom and another one that's knocked up about to get birth .... is what i've said poltically correct ? it sure isnt , but is it factually correct and does it have signifigant bearing on the future of our nation should she become presdient or even work as VP ? absolutely .

Mcain's VP choice was a horrible pick .... in the event of MR mcain's death she would become the next president of the united states ... i hear people talking about her values and how upright she is in the same way that they talked about our current president bush ... i won't be fooled again ... we need the most qualified person possible to be president ... that would normally be Mr mcain ...however his advanced age also means his VP pick is of the utmost imporatance .

A horrible econmic storm is coming , we need those poltical leaders who can devote themselves competely 24/7 to our countries upcoming problems , not poltical leaders who have 5 kids , one with down syndrom and another one that's knocked up about to get birth .... is what i've said poltically correct ? it sure isnt , but is it factually correct and does it have signifigant bearing on the future of our nation should she become presdient or even work as VP ? absolutely .

as usual you have no clue :down:

While I am reluctant to call Palin's speech a "home run," I did think she did a superb job, particularly considering my lowered expectations. If nothing else, she certainly rose to the occasion. Some of her statements were wild exaggerations (what politician doesn't do that?), but all-in-all, I was pleasantly surprised.

I still do not know if I want her as my VP, but at least she did relatively fine last night. If she is elected with McCain, I hope she will break from some of the so-called spend thrift republicans who say they want small government, but then create a larger government.

Now, let's see how she faces the hounding media and the specific questions regarding America's problems.

not poltical leaders who have 5 kids , one with down syndrome and another one that's knocked up about to get birth ....

That is not a valid argument not to have her as VP. Were she a he the issue of her children would not be an issue.

Her experience or lack there of not with standing, it is her positions on various issues and her reliance on her religion for guidance is what should be of concern to everyone.

The fact that she advocates a social policy of abstinence the she, nor her daughter have lived up too is of concern. Th fact that she thinks the Iraqi war is gods will is concerning. The fact that she wants ID taught in a science class along side evolution is concerning.

The fact that she has 5 kids is not a blip on the radar as far as I am concerned. She will have plenty of staff to assist her with any child care needs she may have.

The fact that she advocates a social policy of abstinence the she, nor her daughter have lived up too is of concern.

Clinton's advocated social policy regarding sexuality vs his actions was a hoot too, eh?

Hey, Joe Biden is a Catholic but he is pro-abortion. Concerned?

Lotsa insecure nervous folks regarding Sarah Palin. Personally I think strong confident females are attractive!

That is not a valid argument not to have her as VP. Were she a he the issue of her children would not be an issue.

Her experience or lack there of not with standing, it is her positions on various issues and her reliance on her religion for guidance is what should be of concern to everyone.

The fact that she advocates a social policy of abstinence the she, nor her daughter have lived up too is of concern. Th fact that she thinks the Iraqi war is gods will is concerning. The fact that she wants ID taught in a science class along side evolution is concerning.

The fact that she has 5 kids is not a blip on the radar as far as I am concerned. She will have plenty of staff to assist her with any child care needs she may have.

nope the fact that she has 5 kids and is a woman is absolutely an issue ... women in general spend more time with their children .... even if she DIDN'T spend as much time with her kids than her husband , she has FIVE of them , FIVE ..that's going to be a burden on her time ...

i demand absolute personal dedication to the office of the vice presdency , even at the expense of family , there can be NO compomise ...

Garfield as usual you have no point , just a bickering echo ....my point , is that in the upcoming future our nation is going to be facing a sever crisis of the econmic sorts that will require constant attention .

In your last post you claimed “McCain is not a healthy guyâ€￾, now you’re saying that McCain is in excellent health. So what’s it going to be Doctor Pitbull?

Exactly how does a medical professional of your stator make such a dire prognosis of a patient’s health based on reports publish in newspapers, magazines or internet media? You seem to have made a diagnosis based on conditions not described in the articles. Are you telling me that you have physically examined McCain and evaluated his most recent medical examinations and are in professional disagreement with the medical prognosis given by doctors at the Mayo Clinic? Or is it that you just need something, anything to back up your otherwise flimsy argument that McCain is not medically fit to run for the oval office.

July 29, 2008 Mayo Clinic: McCain’s Biopsy Cancer-Free

His recent biopsy is clear; but his cancer is in remission (so his physicians have stated). In 2000, he had removed the surrounding lymph nodes and part of the parotid gland all in the same operation. The melanoma removed in 2000 was Stage IIa on a standard classification that makes Stage IV the most serious. For Stage IIa melanoma, the survival rate 10 years, after diagnosis is about 65 percent. But the outlook is much better for patients like McCain, who have already survived more than seven years.
However, he is at high risk for reoccurence and has f/u quite frequently.

Mcain's VP choice was a horrible pick .... in the event of MR mcain's death she would become the next president of the united states ...

And so if Big 'O' is elected...you now have the same scenario...either sign off on the inexperienced VP or the inexperienced Prez.....
You can argue all day long but in the end between Palin and Obama its about even in the experience department.

Clinton's advocated social policy regarding sexuality vs his actions was a hoot too, eh?

Hey, Joe Biden is a Catholic but he is pro-abortion. Concerned?

Lotsa insecure nervous folks regarding Sarah Palin. Personally I think strong confident females are attractive!

Bill is not Hillary and Bill is not a minor. She is not responsible for his actions. Hilliary never advocated and type of social policy or law forbidding adultery. Hillary did not commit adultery.

Joe Biden is not advocating any policy or law that would require anyone to get an abortion. As far as I am aware Mr Biden never has had an abortion.

nope the fact that she has 5 kids and is a woman is absolutely an issue ... women in general spend more time with their children .... even if she DIDN'T spend as much time with her kids than her husband , she has FIVE of them , FIVE ..that's going to be a burden on her time ...

i demand absolute personal dedication to the office of the vice presdency , even at the expense of family , there can be NO compomise ...
If that is not a male chauvinistic and sexist remark I have no idea what is. As far as I am aware there are numerous presidents who have had children while in office. Parenting is a 'family' afair that requires the presence of BOTH parents if available (not dead or in jail .. etc) No one said that JFK should not be POTUS because of his kids.

BTW, there is nothing in the USC that prohibits a president to have kids while in office (I checked).

By making that argument you are providing an example to the right that liberals/dems are sexist and you are doing a disservice to the position that you are trying to advocate.

I am sure you are aware that Mr. Obama has two children so I assume that you believe a few kids are all right. Whats the cut off number, three or four?

You know Cos....the left is really trying to make issue out of the family thing and as you know several other issues.....Palin has rocked Big 'O's campaign and they're worried....CBS evening news claimed 'O's people said she was quite deft at the political game.They are concerned for their candidate.After her speech,it looks like Biden may have his hands full in any debate.

You know Cos....the left is really trying to make issue out of the family thing and as you know several other issues.....Palin has rocked Big 'O's campaign and they're worried....CBS evening news claimed 'O's people said she was quite deft at the political game.They are concerned for their candidate.After her speech,it looks like Biden may have his hands full in any debate.

What I do know is that her post education is a BS in Jounalism from the University of Idaho...after changing majors 3 times and transfering schools. As far as lowering taxes, she lowered property taxes, but raised sales taxes on everything.

I had my property taxes lowered in Allegheny county by $100, but had sales taxes raised from 6% to 7% and now there is an alcohol tax for 2008. I paid for a wedding this year for my daughter, and the alcohol tax of 10% cost me an additional $650. Doesn't take much for a politician to lower taxes...all they do is lower the taxes levied in one area and transfer it to another by raising it somewhere else.

That's what politicians do on the federal level. They lower it, tell the states they are getting less money, and the locals just raise taxes to make up the difference.
Bottom line: The tax payor gets an increase and blames their local government.

Palin needs to get the "play book" and start memorizing like crazy. Otherwise, Biden will crush her on International affairs.

I know some(one) is making a big deal about the family issue I am not sure who. If I were a republican strategist, I would be planting those stories my self to distract the public from the real issues at hand. Best defense is a strong offence. I think it is far easier to derail a conversation then to get one back on track. If McCain can get the public talking about her beig picked on because she has 5 kids (Clinton being picked on comes to mind) as opposed to the fact that she had premarital sex, her daughter had premarital sex, she is against abortion even in cases of incest and rape, she supports ID ... then McCain wins.

So far I have not seen any pundits making an issue of her family but of the fact that she is a hypocrite. Apparently there are some (Freeddom) who believe women should be barefoot and pregnant. I suspect there are representatives of that line of thought on both sides of the aisle. I suspect that is an issue that is going through the McCain camp as we speak. Are there more people who like the idea of a female in office verses those who want her in the background behind a man.

Suffice to say the next 2 months will be very interesting. She will be vetted in public and after the fact which is not the way it usually happens. The conservative base seems to be very fond of her and Ms Palin will probably bring out a fair number of conservative voters who might not have voted. I do not see her being a magnet for the independant vote which the winning candidate will need.

And so if Big 'O' is elected...you now have the same scenario...either sign off on the inexperienced VP or the inexperienced Prez.....
You can argue all day long but in the end between Palin and Obama its about even in the experience department.

There are some stark differences however … first of all ,

Mr Obama is a united states senator and secondly and more importantly the people or at least half of the voting public has backed him irregardless of any lack of experience …. Mr Mcain’s VP pick who could possibly become president of the united states is in the grand scheme of things unqualified , but more importantly the PEOPLE do not have any say so in if she should become president as this is an election for office of the president and not the vice president ….

Now to flip the scenario as you might put it … there is as high a chance of Mr Obama getting assassinated as their might be of Mr Mcain dying from illness in office , in the event that Joe Biden would have to assume the presidency he is more than qualified .

I’m not affiliated with either political party , but I’m well aware that there is NO ROOM for failure this next term … Our nation has already wasted close to a trillion dollars on this fruitless war in Iraq ..we have MANY upcoming issues that are going to face our nation … we must have the best people in office

{so on and so forth }

So far I have not seen any pundits making an issue of her family but of the fact that she is a hypocrite. Apparently there are some (Freeddom) who believe women should be barefoot and pregnant. I suspect there are representatives of that line of thought on both sides of the aisle. I suspect that is an issue that is going through the McCain camp as we speak.

{so on and so forth }

Do you hear yourself speaking ? it's bad enough she has FIVE children , but one of them is SPECIAL NEEDS ... now i'm not blaming the child here for being special needs , and i respect her decision to have her son , that takes alot of courage , faith and inner strength ... god bless her and her family ..

But I am demanding UTTER dedication to the office of the presidency (or vice presidency )…. A vice presidency is no place for a “HOCKEY MOM “ …. and we ALL know the social connotations that go along with the concept of hockey or soccer mom … in the business world working women talk of “balance “ between work and family life … this is NOT the business world , this is governance of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA , there can be no balance …

A storm is coming , we must have all hands on deck ready for action , there can be no distractions .

Back