Mec President Resigns Early

diogenes said:
Prior to BK, and upon emergence, U will be a public company. Anybody can buy shares. Any shareholder can attend the annual shareholder's conference. Any shareholder can address the BOD - if not at the meeting, then in writing. If you re-read carefully, you will note I excepted BK, where management escapes their fiduciary obligations to the shareholders.

A private company does NOT have to make the same disclosures to the SEC a public company does, and no government agency has the same insight into the financial workings of a private company as they do a public one.

My namesake is fine. Is yours toothless?
[post="293665"][/post]​

Are you saying there are no BODs during a bk? Perhaps you should "talk" with corporate 'Merica.

Also, while you are correct that a "private" company does not "have to" make the same disclosures, while in bk, the rules are quite different than what you imply. The govt has even more say in a "private corp." via the IRS than a "public corp.".

and, BTW,

Your namesake is dead. Get it? Dead! Fini! Gone!

The best Diogenes can do is spin in his grave, whereas mine is still cruising.......attempting to bring sanity to a union that has lost its way.

sharkstooth said:
Are you saying there are no BODs during a bk? Perhaps you should "talk" with corporate 'Merica.

Also, while you are correct that a "private" company does not "have to" make the same disclosures, while in bk, the rules are quite different than what you imply. The govt has even more say in a "private corp." via the IRS than a "public corp.".

and, BTW,

Your namesake is dead. Get it? Dead! Fini! Gone!

The best Diogenes can do is spin in his grave, whereas mine is still cruising.......attempting to bring sanity to a union that has lost its way.
[post="295252"][/post]​

Hello, sharktooth

Industry Observer told a paying customer to stay out of "our business."

That, of itself, is amazing.

I merely pointed out it isn't "our" business. U sell shares to the public (except in BK). U offers services to the public. U answers to public agencies - surely the FAA and DOT, as would any private carrier - but also the SEC.

I assumed it was common knowledge, but private companies do not make near the SEC disclosures public ones do - hence the term, 'private.'

Here's some reading on the matter.

http://www.library.pitt.edu/guides/business/financials.html

Moreover, there is some discussion among some companies to go private, in order to escape SOX (accountability is sooo middle-class).

So, if IO wanted to make "our business" credible, take U private.

Otherwise, the public is as justified to post here as you or me.

Also, I didn't say a BK company doesn't have BOD meetings in BK; they generally don't hold shareholder meetings during BK. Why would they, to receive a public and painful stoning? :blink:

Ol' Dio's body is still in the ground, but his spirit is alive and well.

Think about it - nobody gives a tinker's damn about Vanderbilt ("the public be damned") or Hearst ( "you provide the pictures and I'll provide the war").

OTOH, ask people who knew Tom Davis or know Herb Kelleher what they think.

sharkstooth said:
Shorter recap:

Limited dealings with the pres and vice of PHL have led me to believe I have had unsatisfactory and non-professional responses in the last month.

Even shorter recap:

So, even though you have had a "history", you judge based on "limited dealings".
Did someone cut off your supply of wacky-tabacky?
[post="295249"][/post]​
can only say that Laura hasn't been in office that long but have flown with her many times. Was shocked by the response I got to an e-mail..(to her credit, actually answered me) but Terri is another matter. The above mentioned conversation in which I was told in no uncertain terms to keep my mouth shut about agregious violations of Federal law and told not to report weapons found on board 'if I knew what was good for me'. Can't say how disappointed I was. It was that point that I truly felt alone at the job. Incidently, have written many thanks and given small gifts to union officers and staff over the years (as well as condolence letters when Warren died) and Terri is the only one I have NEVER recieved thanks or aknowlegement from. Very little class as I see it

goodstew said:
The above mentioned conversation in which I was told in no uncertain terms to keep my mouth shut about agregious violations of Federal law and told not to report weapons found on board 'if I knew what was good for me'.
[post="295312"][/post]​

"egregious" is the word.

Terri is quite up on Fed law.

I would suspect that had you found "weapons" on board, you would have had to race her to the Feds, she is quite up on incidents and what constitutes a violation. Perhaps your definition of "weapons" is different than everyone else? or, perhaps, considering your rather checkered past, she was asking you to lay low and let her take the heat?

Perhaps I should get involved in the union and then I would know what you are talking about, but, so far, it seems you have a grudge with no evidence.

sharkstooth said:
"egregious" is the word.

Terri is quite up on Fed law.

I would suspect that had you found "weapons" on board, you would have had to race her to the Feds, she is quite up on incidents and what constitutes a violation. Perhaps your definition of "weapons" is different than everyone else? or, perhaps, considering your rather checkered past, she was asking you to lay low and let her take the heat?

Perhaps I should get involved in the union and then I would know what you are talking about, but, so far, it seems you have a grudge with no evidence.
[post="295317"][/post]​
I suppose my zip lock baggie of 6 steak knives and a swiss army knife found after my not required but self initiated pre-boarding check of the lavs after the 'security' check of the aircraft prior to an international departure was 'completed' (I had been made to wait on the jetway in 100 degree heat with my bags and my background-checked, finger printed and security-cleared self) is not considered a threat. I consider it a threat and if any 'search' had been completed, it would have been found.

As for my past, my employment record at US Airways is enviable.

If you are a flight attendant, then yes, you should get involved with the Union. Each member should be as active and informed as possible. Perhaps if they were, results of elections and the poor turnout in general would be different.

Back