Mesa's Outstanding Onboard Service

As for Mesa, in NOV, our America West unit had a better on time then mainline AW. And you say they came in 3rd? -Cape

It's been interesting to fly MESA over the years. Mesa for HP is good from my experiences. Mesa for UA is outstanding....very professional acting (obviously it's because of UA standards). But Mesa for US is appalling.

Why is there a difference? Is it the mainline who sets the tone and that's what is expressed (pun intended) onto the Mesa unit that's flying for that mainline?

Mesa should set their standards HIGH for all the mainline carriers they service and then they can announce that they're the regional carrier of the year!!

If the mainline sets the tone then how come the others do a great job? MidAtlantic is the best but you can't really count them. Chautaqua and Piedmont, and mostly PSA seem to have good professional standards. What is it about Mesa?

I was deadheaded DCA-CMH on Chataqua once. They were really nice. I've deadheaded once on Mesa, and there was some attitude going on.

I know some of the crews over at Mesa and they're really cool guys. Some of the "nuts" are the ones flying for Air Midwest and I miss them all dearly.... these guys are definitely able to fly broken airplanes safely, even remember one of them saying that ZVF will not land or fly straight, its always "leaning" to one side :p

I've never had any major issues with any regional. I've been on some aweful & some very good PSA, MDA, CHQ, Mesaba, UFS, Air Wisky (UAX), Trans States, Great Lakes flights. I once flew a 2 hour flight on Chautauqua and got only a 2/3rds cup of soda, I've been on a 30 minute Great Lakes flight and got the entire can, plus 2 bags of snack mix.. I've been on an hour long Brasilia SkyWest flight where the FA flirted with the guy in the first row (could never really figure out how they could communicate in that plane!). I've had the HORROR of being stuck on a Jetscream 41 for a 1.5 hour flight and recieved *NOTHING*!!

We all have some bad apples out there, and yes, Mesa grew a reputation for sucking bad.. but I've never had an issue with them out west... the HPX system isn't as dysfunctional as the USX system (go figure).

I chose not to post them as I don't answer to Mesa employees.

You idiot. You just answered me by typing this post.

Your an even bigger idiot if you think Mesa's stats are included in US Airways stats.

I don't like calling anyone an idiot but by attacking me personally because you don't like the airline I work for proves it. -Cape

GAME OVER!

Not quite View attachment 4282. Since no one else will post it I will. The FACT is, US Airways (East) was number 20 out of 20 airlines for Dec 05 in consumer complaints (Dave is using the combind number to make the East folks look better, that is why it shows you at 10th). Thats right folks, DEAD LAST, AGAIN. Mesa sucks but it looks like consumers think US Airways sucks to. So get off your high horses. -Cape

Let's keep this civil folks. No need for personal attacks when making your point.

Thanks

. I once flew a 2 hour flight on Chautauqua and got only a 2/3rds cup of soda,(go figure).

Among the many things that Tempe needs to address is the varying service standards among the many express carriers (aside from actual perfomance.)
Readers of Flyertalks and US Aviation notwithstanding, to the average customers, it's all "US Express" (of even "US Airways"). They don't understand why there is beverage service on the flight from XXX-PHL, but none on the flight back, why they can use a mobile phn during taxi-in on one flight but not the next one. Why the can put their newspapers in the seat pock on one flight and not the next one.

I just flew from CLT-SRQ on the 90 seater.
The crew was nice but the seats were uncomfortable.
The seat cushion was like sitting on a sheet of wood,
no cushion at all!

Overall, the flight crew was nice.

Just my 2-cents.