Mexican that lives in tijuana wanting to use a san diego airport

Dec 10, 2018
I have a b1-b2 passport aka border crossing card, and i want to know what permits do i need to be able to use a san diego airport since i live in tijuana mexico and i'm not a united states citizen.

Last edited:
I doubt that any of us who post on this bulletin board would be able to give you a definitive answer to your question. I would suggest that you contact the TSA directly, www.TSA.gov. American citizens and non-citizens living legally in the U.S. need only a picture id--passport, driver's license, etc--on which the name is the same as the name on their boarding pass. I have no idea what might be required of someone who is simply "in transit."

Make your question to them as simple as possible. I.E. the way you described your situation here. "I live in Tijuana, Mexico. I have a passport which permits me to cross the U.S.-Mexico border. Do I need any additional documentation to use the San Diego Airport for travel?

B1 is business visa that has more narrow criteria versus a B2, which is essentially a tourist visa. I would think on at least the B2 visa you can freely travel about the USA which means you could fly out of San Diego to other points in the USA. If you try to fly to another country, they will need to see a valid passport and, if required, Visa for the destination country. You'd be best to check with the issuer of your B1 and B2 Visas.