Missed Connecting flight from LA on May 27th

Heres the Letter Dated 6-16 from US Airways:

Dear Ms. McGuire:

Your account was referred to me for further review of the flight irregularity that occurred on May 27, 2011, and to insure your concerns were addressed appropriately. I attempted to get in touch with you yesterday and also today at 9:50 am, Arizona Time, and left a message on your voicemail.

The travel experience you described is certainly not characteristic of the level of service we strive to provide. With this in mind, I have reviewed both your original concerns and our response. Based on what transpired, I have determined that compensation is appropriate.

I have authorized one $100.00 Electronic Travel With Us Voucher (E-TUV). Your E-TUV is valid toward the purchase of travel on US Airways. Please be advised the E-TUV is not valid with Internet bookings and must be redeemed within one year from the date of this correspondence. In addition, please take a moment to read the terms and conditions listed below to receive the full benefit of this compensation. When you are ready to make your future travel arrangements, please call our Reservations Department at 800-428-4322 and provide the E-TUV code listed below. The customary ticketing fee will not be assessed at the time of booking with our Reservations Department.

The E-TUV code is:
Dolores McGuire DDSWMW $100.00

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience this experience has caused. If you wish to discuss this matter further, please reply to this email and tell us the best time to reach you by phone. Keep in mind that our response time is within 48 to72 business hours. Please include the date, a convenient time for us to call, and the telephone number where you can be reached.

We value your business and are working hard to earn your continued patronage. We hope you will give us the opportunity to do so.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Representative, Customer Relations
US Airways Corporate Office

Case: US-11MCGUIRE-G43H03

ELECTRONIC TRAVEL WITH US VOUCHER

Geez and all we hear from CactusItchyMcScratchy is CRICKETS A chirpin'.

He must be like Fonzi can't admit he was wrrrrrroooo..............

Either that or he's busy ratting out and writing up his co-workers.

Reactions: 1 person
Dear Ms. McGuire:

Your account was referred to me for further review of the flight irregularity that occurred on May 27, 2011, and to insure your concerns were addressed appropriately.

Would Deborah Thompson tolerate not knowing the difference between insure and ensure?

Dear Ms. McGuire:

Your account was referred to me for further review of the flight irregularity that occurred on May 27, 2011, and to insure your concerns were addressed appropriately.

Would Deborah Thompson tolerate not knowing the difference between insure and ensure?

YIKES! I didn't catch that. The short answer is a resounding NO! Deborah was/is a stern task mistress and when it comes to dealing with customers I've found none better.

The "problem" with Ms Thompson's brand of Customer Relations is it flies directly in the face of the Lean Six Sigma, MBA, Spreadsheet approach of modern business. Treating a customer right falls outside of what is called in MBA speak the "value stream" or can it generate revenue? If not then it's a cost to be minimized. I don't like it, I rail against it, but facts is facts and the fact is they don't care about customers not because they're evil, mean despicable people. Treating customers well doesn't pass and airlines WIIFM test (What's In It For Me)

Oh you can argue the long term impact is detrimental and we see this manifest itself on late night TV with the airline jokes and an industry that is viewed beneath the IRS when it comes to customer satisfaction. However, Executives are compensated by various methods, one of which is the year end bonus for reaching certain targets. Bottom line is simple. If customer satisfaction metrics are not part of the comp plan the customer will suffer. If, as in the case of Mr Parker he is compensated for keeping labor cost below a certain figure. So for every quarter he saves on Labor from you, than a penny rolls into his pocket and at the end of the years those pennies add up.

IF the executive comp plan were such that in 2012 going forward one that included a significant bonus opportunity for superior Customer Satisfaction numbers there would be lots and lots of red lipstick on a whole lot of customers asses. If/until that happens we will have "Ben Dover" in charge of airline Customer Service and this is true with all of the airlines.

Reactions: 2 people